Blacks Are Wisening Up

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...7.column?coll=chi-news-col&ctrack=1&cset=true

Blacks hearing a new gospel from GOP
Republicans are reaching out to black neighborhood-based churches and pastors to boost their platform and it's working

Published March 6, 2005

WASHINGTON -- Republican efforts to court black voters, helped along by black church leaders, "should be cause for alarm" among Democrats.

That's not me talking. That's Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, Al Gore's campaign manager in 2000, writing in the Feb. 28 issue of Roll Call, a Capitol Hill newspaper.

Brazile, a Louisiana Catholic and the first black woman to manage a major presidential campaign, offers a message to her fellow Dems: Don't get caught nappin' while your competition is standing at your supporters' doors--tappin'!

Black voters have turned away from the party of Abe Lincoln since Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal. But these are new times. Black turnout for President Bush grew to 11 percent nationally last November from 8 percent in 2000 and to 16 and 13 percent, respectively, in Ohio and Florida, among other key 2004 battleground states.

After Ken Mehlman, the new Republican National Committee chairman, took office in January, he immediately embarked on a national goodwill tour to widen that black GOP vote. "Among Democrats, Mehlman's efforts should be cause for alarm," Brazile wrote. "... But it could also be a boon to Democrats, who now may finally get serious about trying to figure out the best ways to keep their loyal base intact."

She's right. After years of being taken for granted by Democrats and written off by Republicans, many African-Americans I know, including me, miss the days when we were wooed by both parties. Such bipartisan courting all but ended in the 1960s when the GOP became a haven for many southern segregationists and northern "white-flight" conservatives.

Times have changed. If the GOP can move beyond inviting a few ministers to the White House, as Brazile points out, address job loss and the Bush budget's impact on black families and children, there's a chance for a black Republican comeback, although it won't come overnight...

Donna Brazile has nothing to worry about. The GOP gets 8 percent of the black vote. 41 actually got more of the black vote than 43. The people who elected George W. Bush were white: 88 percent of his support came from the white community. Blacks simply aren't going to vote Republican because they don't see it as being in their best interest. To them, it's like voting for the Klan. And to an extent, they're right. Whites don't really like blacks, they just spend a lot of time pretending to. You can't fool them on that. The truth will out. All this crap about how blacks are really conservative is nonsense. Yes, maybe conservative in a primitive sense, but the bottom line is that blacks and whites don't get along in the same society. The solution is acknowledge this fact and set policy accordingly.

Well, Sir, do you think blacks and whites are ideally suited to co-existence? Or would life be better for everyone if we went our natural and separate ways? Do you see blacks actually clamoring to be with whites, or are they more interested in hanging with their own folks? Do you see any but the ditziest of white liberals clamoring to be with blacks?

It's like a bad marriage, you know? If you have one, get a divorce. It's not the end of the world.

Mr. Joyce -

Far be it from me to post in one of these forums, but I would just like to let you know that I just returned from dinner with three of my best friends (and we have been friends for 25 years), 3 black women. We met at work, and became very good friends. We've been though marriages, births of children, divorces, serious illnesses, and our friendship has never wavered. I feel more than welcome in their homes, as they are in mine. When things are going bad, all it takes is a phone call to one of them to make me feel better. Their children even refer to me as "Aunt Joan". So therefore, Mr. Joyce, I think your observation is a crock of shit.

Joan said:
Mr. Joyce -

Far be it from me to post in one of these forums, but I would just like to let you know that I just returned from dinner with three of my best friends (and we have been friends for 25 years), 3 black women. We met at work, and became very good friends. We've been though marriages, births of children, divorces, serious illnesses, and our friendship has never wavered. I feel more than welcome in their homes, as they are in mine. When things are going bad, all it takes is a phone call to one of them to make me feel better. Their children even refer to me as "Aunt Joan". So therefore, Mr. Joyce, I think your observation is a crock of shit.

:clap: Well said!

William Joyce said:
Well, Sir, do you think blacks and whites are ideally suited to co-existence? .....
I pay so little attention to the racist dribble you post I didn't even read this until I read Joans' post.

I co-existed for ten years in the cock-pit of a jet, side by side 2 1/2 feet away from a black guy for hours on end. I've had breakfast, lunch, dinner and many many hours of personal conversation with him. He was and is a fine Pilot, very intelligent and my best friend. I'd trust him to raise my daughter as I would, if ever it came to that.

So yes, we can and do co-exist. But it's much more than that, and many of us actually like it that way, both black and white. And that's something I doubt a racist such as yourself will ever understand.

William Joyce said:
Donna Brazile has nothing to worry about. The GOP gets 8 percent of the black vote. 41 actually got more of the black vote than 43. The people who elected George W. Bush were white: 88 percent of his support came from the white community. Blacks simply aren't going to vote Republican because they don't see it as being in their best interest. To them, it's like voting for the Klan. And to an extent, they're right. Whites don't really like blacks, they just spend a lot of time pretending to. You can't fool them on that. The truth will out. All this crap about how blacks are really conservative is nonsense. Yes, maybe conservative in a primitive sense, but the bottom line is that blacks and whites don't get along in the same society. The solution is acknowledge this fact and set policy accordingly.

Sooner or later, and it WILL happen, blacks will wake up and vote Republican. They'll realize that there are no bigger racists in this country than liberals. It'll be a win, win situation. More Republicans will get elected, and more blacks will find their proper productive destinies, because they'll finaly realize that liberal democraps only wanted them poor and uneducated so they would HAVE to vote for them, because of promises to take care of them for nothing.

It's funny. For a "racist" that everyone claims to ignore, I sure do draw a lot of attention, and everyone always wants to respond to what I say. I think that's because people sense deep down that I'm saying something true, and they want to scramble to think of ways to refute it, because in politically correct America, you're not supposed to think what I think or say what I say. So people lean on crutches. Like bullshit about how all their best friends are black, how they met a great black pilot, or how all the girlfriends they go out to dinner with are black.

It's all bullshit. You can't take the one black person you know and claim that makes races equal and compatible. Draw the camera back, and you see races clustering as races. That's what's REALLY happening. The rest is TV fantasy.

Are you implying that blacks are not equal to whites in some way? I don't exactly understand how you can say these things...If you are so racially tuned in, than could you tell me what race I am by the way I write? And could you tell me what race has to do with anything I write about?

William Joyce said:
It's funny. For a "racist" that everyone claims to ignore, I sure do draw a lot of attention, and everyone always wants to respond to what I say. I think that's because people sense deep down that I'm saying something true, and they want to scramble to think of ways to refute it, because in politically correct America, you're not supposed to think what I think or say what I say. So people lean on crutches. Like bullshit about how all their best friends are black, how they met a great black pilot, or how all the girlfriends they go out to dinner with are black.

It's all bullshit. You can't take the one black person you know and claim that makes races equal and compatible. Draw the camera back, and you see races clustering as races. That's what's REALLY happening. The rest is TV fantasy.

No,actually it's not bullshit. Have you ever taken the time to get to know a black person,or have you just never bothered because you assume they are all a certain way? Sure, a lot of black people live a little different than whites,They may listen to different music,wear different clothes,but what the hell does that mean?-Nothing. I sure wouldn't want a black person to look down on me because I look different than them. WE are all human,whether you like it or not!! You better get used to it-they aren't going anywhere and neither are we.

I can't fully agree with all of you, or disagree either, but from my own experience I've learned that "most" whites hate blacks and "most" blacks hate whites. Nothing to back this up with, but I would bet that 90% of either race would put the other in slavery if it were possible. I have known public figures that in private curse blacks and call them everything except human and go out in public and say how swell they are. I have black family members and my best friend is black, so I am well aware of how blacks feel inside also. But I wouldn't want to associate with all blacks like my friend doesn't want to associate with all whites. We both go to certain functions that we wouldn't dare take the other to. I know a white husband and wife that lost the only 2 daughters they had because they both married blacks and they barred them from ever coming around them again. I asked him one time about his Grandchildren and he said, "I'm not going to have any freejack Grandchildren and they can all go to hell". He don't know what he and his wife are missing, but it is his right by just being alive to hate for any reason he choices.

Joycie -

You have now gone down a little further into the category of slime. I never said that "all" my friends are black. And yes, there are some blacks that I do not like. There are also many, many whites that I do not like either! I think a lot of it has to do with getting to know someone. If you take the time to get to know some of these people, you might find that we have a lot in common. There is a thing called tolerance, but I'm sure you've never practiced it. I have a white couple living upstairs from me, who are the rudest, most inconsiderate people that I have ever had to deal with. So, should I hate all whites because of them? I grew up in a time when schools were segregated, and was terrified when I started high school because it would be my first interaction with "them" - meaning blacks. I tried looking at them with an open mind, and yes, there were some in the "I don't like" category, but yet there were others, like Marlene Mosby who walked into a very crowded funeral parlor as the only black, to pay her respects to me on the death of my father. I'm sure it was a very, very scary situation for her, but it was something that showed me a lot about her character. I believe in treating people the way they treat me, and not labeling an entire race! And Merlin, I feel very sorry for your friend and his wife. Children and grandchildren are a special gift from God, no matter their race!

William is having trouble grasping the idea that we are all human beings. Yes,sometimes we do not like each other,but that's the way it is. There is a good deal of racial tension in Cincinnati,but I am not going to label everyone-you just can't dothat. You are denying yourself a good fried,a good doctor,or maybe Joyce,a good lawyer.

Sir Evil said:
:laugh:

my momma called you slime!
well aren't all lawyers?

:teeth:

Well I've known a couple of nice lawyers. But always remember Shakespeare:

HENRY VI Part 2, act iv: scene ii:
...There shall be in England seven halfpenny loaves sold for a penny. (Cheap bread) the three hooped pot shall have ten hoops, (Pots will hold much more liquor) and I will make it felony to drink small beer. All the realm shall be common; (the same) and when I am King there shall be no money; all shall eat and drink on my score; (at his expense) and I will apparel them all in one livery; (all dress alike) that they may agree like brothers and worship me their lord.
Dick the Butcher: THE FIRST THING WE DO, LET'S KILL ALL THE LAWYERS.

krisy said:
we are all human beings.

This has to be the least helpful observation of all time. You sound like a liberal. "We're all human beings..." Therefore, what? We all deserve the same pay? That's called communism. We should all live in the same neighborhood? We won't all fit. We should all have the same government? That's called one-world government. (Are you aware that the founding fathers didn't even want the same government for all the states, and that's why we originally had federalism and states' rights?) We should all eat the same food? Wear the same clothes? I got news for y'all: That's what they do in Communist China!

Contrary to popular belief, I think it's many of YOU who can't accept difference.

krisy said:
No,actually it's not bullshit. Have you ever taken the time to get to know a black person,or have you just never bothered because you assume they are all a certain way? Sure, a lot of black people live a little different than whites,They may listen to different music,wear different clothes,but what the hell does that mean?-Nothing. I sure wouldn't want a black person to look down on me because I look different than them. WE are all human,whether you like it or not!! You better get used to it-they aren't going anywhere and neither are we..

It's a common quip that anyone who thinks whites have the right to exist is a rotten person who just hasn't reached out to be friends with a black person. (Never flipping mind that blacks NEVER lecture each other: have you gotten to know a white person? Can you imagine Tyrone wagging his finger at Dante: "Yo, Dante, you racist fool. Have you ever even gotten to know a white man, up close and personal? You're just cheating yourself if you don't." Dante would correctly laugh at his friend.) I mean, what kind of liberal feel-good crap is that? What am I supposed to do, go out to Harlem and flag down a random black and say, "Hi, I'm William Joyce, the big white racist on USMessageBoard. Would you be my friend, please?" Please. That's just as racially condescending as anything I supposedly say or do. If "race doesn't matter," as we're always told, what does it freaking matter??? Either way, you end up focused on the very thing you sought to avoid: RACE. Hey, maybe that's because like death and taxes, RACE IS REAL. It can't be avoided. You can't pretend it doesn't exist. The patterns are inescapable. The more we try to pretend it doesn't exist, THE MORE IT GETS IN OUR FACE. Can we learn a lesson here? I don't get whites sometimes. First, we think it would cool to kidnap black Africans, drag them across the ocean, and keep them as slave laborers. Now THAT is white supremacism. THAT is arrogance. But what are we doing today? The same thing in reverse! We make whites the slaves of blacks by affirmative action, welfare and crime victimization. We cower in fear of them. Where once we whipped THEM for not obeying us, now we whip OURSELVES for not obeying them, coddling them, cuddling them, making their feelings our top priority, making their comings and goings the central concern of our lives. It's all insanity. It will only stop if we go our separate ways.

And one more thing: you CAN generalize about lawyers. They are in fact usually wankers.

So there! Man, that felt great. Jim should charge therapy fees.

William Joyce said:
This has to be the least helpful observation of all time. You sound like a liberal. "We're all human beings..." Therefore, what? We all deserve the same pay? That's called communism. We should all live in the same neighborhood? We won't all fit. We should all have the same government? That's called one-world government. (Are you aware that the founding fathers didn't even want the same government for all the states, and that's why we originally had federalism and states' rights?) We should all eat the same food? Wear the same clothes? I got news for y'all: That's what they do in Communist China!

Contrary to popular belief, I think it's many of YOU who can't accept difference.

It's a common quip that anyone who thinks whites have the right to exist is a rotten person who just hasn't reached out to be friends with a black person. (Never flipping mind that blacks NEVER lecture each other: have you gotten to know a white person? Can you imagine Tyrone wagging his finger at Dante: "Yo, Dante, you racist fool. Have you ever even gotten to know a white man, up close and personal? You're just cheating yourself if you don't." Dante would correctly laugh at his friend.) I mean, what kind of liberal feel-good crap is that? What am I supposed to do, go out to Harlem and flag down a random black and say, "Hi, I'm William Joyce, the big white racist on USMessageBoard. Would you be my friend, please?" Please. That's just as racially condescending as anything I supposedly say or do. If "race doesn't matter," as we're always told, what does it freaking matter??? Either way, you end up focused on the very thing you sought to avoid: RACE. Hey, maybe that's because like death and taxes, RACE IS REAL. It can't be avoided. You can't pretend it doesn't exist. The patterns are inescapable. The more we try to pretend it doesn't exist, THE MORE IT GETS IN OUR FACE. Can we learn a lesson here? I don't get whites sometimes. First, we think it would cool to kidnap black Africans, drag them across the ocean, and keep them as slave laborers. Now THAT is white supremacism. THAT is arrogance. But what are we doing today? The same thing in reverse! We make whites the slaves of blacks by affirmative action, welfare and crime victimization. We cower in fear of them. Where once we whipped THEM for not obeying us, now we whip OURSELVES for not obeying them, coddling them, cuddling them, making their feelings our top priority, making their comings and goings the central concern of our lives. It's all insanity. It will only stop if we go our separate ways.

And one more thing: you CAN generalize about lawyers. They are in fact usually wankers.

So there! Man, that felt great. Jim should charge therapy fees.

Now where in thee hell did I say we should all act the same,eat the same food,and dress the same? I said the contrary. We have different likes and dislikes and that is fine,but there isn't a reason to be so extreme and generalize all blacks. And you are dead wrong telling me I sound like a Liberal,just because I don't support your brand of rascism!!! I am not for affirmative action,and don't like the idea of welfare in many cases. Somehow though,I think it probably isn't worth arguing anymore. You won't change your mind. :huh:

Forum List

Back