Blacks' Abundance In Pro Sports: Affirmative Action ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice that you decided to share your book with us, come back again when you have something to say about the TOPIC.
A lot of sports are objective

You think your faster than me ? Let's race.
You think you can jump higher than me ? Let's jump
You think you can throw further than me ? Let's throw
You think you can beat in a fight ? Let's fight
You your team is better than mine ? Let's play,.

It's far more easier to tell who is a brilliant basket ball player than who is gonna make a great electrician

Secondly you talk about lack of Indian b-ball players ? Asian in the NFL,

Idiot

Certain countries play certain sports. Soccer is the biggest sport in the world. But the USA men's team is average and failed to even qualify for the last world cup (Coincidentally the USA women's soccer team are the best in the world and world champs).

The best male soccer teams are traditionally in South America and Europe. In India cricket is their main sport and their one of the best teams in the world. Pakistan are strong at squash. China are the best in world at table tennis and Badminton and China are always either top or second to USA in the Olympics medals table. Japan have baseball and they the best in the world. That's why you don't see any of them in the NFL because they don't play

In fact globally NFL is a really minority sport and not played to a great degree outside of America (Yeah i know they have leagues in other parts of the world but not to serious extent) American football is really an expensive sport so that rules out a lot of nations.

So you don't know who those guys are. Well, they all sit in offices and process insurance claims. :biggrin:

th
th
th

th

Best football players in the NFL. Won the Super Bowl 6 times.

2 of these players have not won 6 super bowls.

Edelman is not the best receiver in football.

Gronk is not the best TE.

Brady never was the best QB.

You're desperate.

According to men who have played football, the greatest football player ever is a black man named Jim Brown.

The greatest wide receiver ever is a black man named Jerry Rice.

The greatest TE ever is a black man named John Mackey.

You don't know shit about football.

An organization already exists where being a dumb and unqualified honky will always get you a leg up...it’s called the Republican Party. :lol:

That’s true about the Republicans. It’s the opposite in the Democratic Party. If you’re a minority or a woman and stupid you move to the front of the line.

Any sellout minority or a woman moves to the front of the line in the republican party.

It seems to be very common to see NFL football fields and NBA courts with more blacks than all other races combined. There also has been a majority of blacks in professional boxing for many years. How does this come to be ? Since it is common for lesser qualified blacks to be hired to many types of jobs in industry generally, one might wonder if this isn't also the case with pro sports.

Are better talented, faster, stronger whites being denied opportunities, based on race ? How about Hispanics and Asians ? When is the last time you saw a Chinese, Japanese, or Korean guy on an NFL football field ? How about guys from India on a basketball court ? There are so few Asians in the most popular American sports that it's practically impossible to rate their performances.

This is not the case with Whites, however. In the top 4 pro US sports > baseball, football, basketball, and boxing, whites have proven to be as good or often better than blacks, yet still have smaller numbers there. This is despite the fact that blacks are only 13% of the US population, as compared to whites at 76%. Could affirmative action be at work here, putting blacks ahead of better qualified whites, et al races ?

855308528.JPG

gettyimages-501240874%20(1).jpg

This is near the top of the dumbest OPs I have ever read. Affirmative action plays no part in why blacks are so highly represented in pro sports. It has to do with black culture. I’ll bet you didn’t know that Jews used to dominate professional basketball.

One more thing- boxing is NOT one of the 4 major sports in this country by any metric. Hockey is the 4th major sport and there are very few blacks that play.......because of culture.

By country/region - Biggest Global Sports
United States

1. American Football

2. Basketball

3. Baseball

4. Ice Hockey

5. Golf

6. Nascar

7. Tennis

8. Soccer

9. Boxing

10. Mixed Martial Arts

Black culture has nothing to do with this.

Seriously, it is not black culture that has us overrepresented on the field and underrepresented as coaches and upper management.

MLB mourns the loss of trailblazer Frank Robinson

Hall of Famer Frank Robinson has passed away at the age of 83. Robinson, the only player to win MVP in each league, was also the first African-American manager in MLB history

Frank Robinson was the only player to have 7 seasons with an OPS of .950+ from 1959-1969.

MLB Stats on Twitter

THE ONLY PLAYER EVER.

th

Do you understand what this means chump?.
It means that along with dozens of other baseball players who hold various records of significance, he does too.

And you misspelled "champ". Be more careful. :biggrin:

It means he did something no other player ever has done in the history of the game.

....blacks less than 13% of the population but over 70% players are black = DISCRIMINATION against whites
hahahahhahahahahahaha THERE'S your facts
hahahahhahahahahahahhahaha
It is not discrimination if 32 owners and executives collectively earn more from the organization than over 1600 players.

Yes, it could be. The money the owners make is not relevant to the millions of want a be white sport stars.

Of course it is relevant. Fans go to games to see the PLAYERS. Not the owners.
Substandard players= no revenue.

True, but not relevant to the post you responded to.

Totally relevant. The topic was that the OP implied that blacks are overrepresented in professional sports.

I stated very clearly that an inordinate number of blacks work for a very small number of white owners who collectively ewrn more money than all of the players combined.

If those same owners could make even more money by fielding a more integrated work force or even a predominately white work force they would do so.

There is no affirmative action conspiracy against anyone in professional sports. It is based soley on ability.

By the standards that race baiters use in every field where blacks or browns are underrepresented,

the under representation of whites relative to their share of the population,

is defacto proof of racism, and discrimination, and any denial of that can only be motivated by evulness and racism.

So, by your own rules, you have demonstrated that you are evul and "racist".

This is near the top of the dumbest OPs I have ever read. Affirmative action plays no part in why blacks are so highly represented in pro sports. It has to do with black culture. I’ll bet you didn’t know that Jews used to dominate professional basketball.

One more thing- boxing is NOT one of the 4 major sports in this country by any metric. Hockey is the 4th major sport and there are very few blacks that play.......because of culture.

By country/region - Biggest Global Sports
United States

1. American Football

2. Basketball

3. Baseball

4. Ice Hockey

5. Golf

6. Nascar

7. Tennis

8. Soccer

9. Boxing

10. Mixed Martial Arts
Sorry to have to tell you this but your retort didn't even budge the OP one inch. You said >> "Affirmative action plays no part in why blacks are so highly represented in pro sports." Oh you don't think so, huh ? Well, as far as your post is concerned, all we have is what you THINK, because you haven't offered a shred of evidence to support what you say.

At this point, all we have is a majority of black players in the league, but the best ones teaming up offensively (the New England Patriots) are overwhelmingly white. Sure does present a case for affirmative action going on in this league.

As for your illustrious list, based on "sports covered in main news sections and prominence of headlines" (so you link claims), Gosh, who could ever argue with Michael Brown now, right ?

Right now anyone reading this is saying > "Who the hell is Michael Brown ?" The only Michael Brown most people ever heard of, was the big dummy who got himself blown to bits in Ferguson, Missouri, by attacking a cop.

Last edited:
I just got around to reading your gibberish because I usually avoid anything that you post. But since I know some pro athletes, I was curious what a dunce like you, who never partipated in a sport had to say on the subject. And as usual, you made a complete fool of yourself.

Every one of your points was adressed. So when dial a ride drops you off after your trip to the food bank, read the response and try to address it.

If you can.
The real "dunce" around here is the one who makes statements without the slightest knowledge of what he's talking about. I have participated in many sports, including some that you maybe don't even know existed.

So far I haven't seen a single intelligent response to the point that some pro sports (I used the NFL as a prime example)have a majority of black players, while it's not established that these are the most qualified. In fact, there is evidence to show that they may not be. This point has NOT been addressed other than a lot of jibberish, without anything really definitive, to the point of the OP.

So now that you have so efficiently made a fool of YOURself, you can either go get lost somewhere, or come back in here again, and show something of substance to show one way or the other, if the current racial composition of some pro sports, is factor of Affrimative Action, or not.

Pictures of 3 white guys hardly proves your point.
First, maybe you need to learn how to count before posting in a computer forum. It was FOUR white guys who have teamed up together, to win 6 super bowls in the NFL. (and more white guys on their offensive line)

Actually, it does prove the point that the majority of players in the NFL being black isn't connected to better performance on the field, and thus there is justification to raise the question of affirmative action.

My point was also illustrated by greatest baseball players, and the majority of undefeated professional boxers being white.

The Only Boxing Champions in History to Retire Undefeated

Totally relevant. The topic was that the OP implied that blacks are overrepresented in professional sports.

I stated very clearly that an inordinate number of blacks work for a very small number of white owners who collectively ewrn more money than all of the players combined.

If those same owners could make even more money by fielding a more integrated work force or even a predominately white work force they would do so.

There is no affirmative action conspiracy against anyone in professional sports. It is based soley on ability.
1. I never imply, insinuate, or infer anything, ever.

2. My conclusion in the OP was that because of the disproportionate number of blacks in some pro sports (ex. the NFL), to their % of the population, and the fact that the better players seem to be white, that therefore there might be affirmative action at work here, or at least there is some justification to have that question be asked. Got it now ?

3. There is no evidence that what you said about white owners is true. They may have other motives besides just making money.

4. You have shown no evidence whatsoever for your claim that >> "There is no affirmative action conspiracy against anyone in professional sports. It is based soley on ability." If you show evidence that there is no AA going on in these sports, I will examine that evidence, and conclude on it fairly, but thus far, you have not shown a shred of evidence, but merely have stated your unsubstantiated opinion.

Pictures from last weeks superbowl?

One game where some of the standouts were white.

I say "Good for them"......

So what is your point?
You claim to have inside information, but you haven't shown any evidence of that, and not even any unproven names.

As for the New England Patriots, this same team has won SIX Super Bowls. No other team even comes close to that. And you must be awfully tired and didn't get enough sleep to have missed my point. See Post # 73.

I just got around to reading your gibberish because I usually avoid anything that you post. But since I know some pro athletes, I was curious what a dunce like you, who never partipated in a sport had to say on the subject. And as usual, you made a complete fool of yourself.

Every one of your points was adressed. So when dial a ride drops you off after your trip to the food bank, read the response and try to address it.

If you can.
The real "dunce" around here is the one who makes statements without the slightest knowledge of what he's talking about. I have participated in many sports, including some that you maybe don't even know existed.

So far I haven't seen a single intelligent response to the point that some pro sports (I used the NFL as a prime example)have a majority of black players, while it's not established that these are the most qualified. In fact, there is evidence to show that they may not be. This point has NOT been addressed other than a lot of jibberish, without anything really definitive, to the point of the OP.

So now that you have so efficiently made a fool of YOURself, you can either go get lost somewhere, or come back in here again, and show something of substance to show one way or the other, if the current racial composition of some pro sports, is factor of Affrimative Action, or not.

What you have proven with the OP that you don't know Jack about professional sports.
Namely football, basketball and definitely not boxing.

You have not posted a single fact about those sports,and all that you've done is to turn your already dumb shit into even dumber shit by creating yet another "woe is us....we poor white people are victims because there aren't enough of us in these sports".

White people kept blacks totally out of the upper echelon of those sports for decades in case you forgot,and when blacks were finally allowed to compete in the mainstream, team owners woke up and realized that THEY were screwing THEMSELVES because of backward racist policies that were outdated, dumbass.

It is white people who make the hiring decisions and create the contracts so go whine to them

And what "sports" have you played? Miniature Golf? Ping Pong?

The ones that I've "never heard of" are likely a figment of your imagination.

Last edited:

He gave you some very good points. They just went over your head.
No, he just posted a lot of side issues, not really connected to the convergence of black sports %, black population %, and affirmative action.

You get points here for QUALITY, not QUANTITY.

Forget high school. He likely never even played pop warner.
I played a lot of different sports, and had talent in all of them, just like I play a lot of musical instruments, and have talent in them too.

And with that music, I can do what 95% of the US population (maybe including YOU) can't do. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back