Blacks' Abundance In Pro Sports: Affirmative Action ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don’t believe that at all. I am just having a little a fun in another “woe is me” thread.
More like woe is 75% of the American people. I happen to be retired.

Sorry to spoil your "fun", but you might try to improve your choices of fun.

Every position in pro sports is competed for. If the majority of players are black why are most coaches white? Why are white men who never played the game coaches?

This is a dumb ass thread made by dumb ass race baiting whites.
It's not dumb. You are just playing dumb, because you're avoiding the subject matter.

It seems to be very common to see NFL football fields and NBA courts with more blacks than all other races combined. There also has been a majority of blacks in professional boxing for many years. How does this come to be ? Since it is common for lesser qualified blacks to be hired to many types of jobs in industry generally, one might wonder if this isn't also the case with pro sports.
Because sports is relatively objective

You either have it or you don't - PERIOD.

You either can run the 100m in under 10 seconds or you can't
You either can hit a three pointer consistently or you can't

But in the workplace : Will this person “fit in” with the company ? Do they have “enough” experience? All of these evaluations are judgment calls and if your black you'll generally be on the wrong side of that judgement call, if your white you'll be the right side.

I mean I'm pretty sure you know the well known data that a white man with a felony will be asked for job call back than a black man without one.

I'M PRETTY SURE YOU KNOW THIS

Not to mention, whites have always been willing to let black people entertain them, even at the height of racism. You still had your Muhammad Ali and Jim Brown and even you won't see a significant number of black people at any NBA game.
Are better talented, faster, stronger whites being denied opportunities, based on race ?
  • Every player who has ever won an NHL scoring title is white.
  • Every Olympic weightlifting record is held by a caucasian.
  • All championship speed skaters are white.
  • Every major league pitcher who has ever won 300 games is white.
  • Almost all Olympic champions rowers and kayakers are white,
How about Hispanics and Asians ? When is the last time you saw a Chinese, Japanese, or Korean guy on an NFL football field ? How about guys from India on a basketball court ? There are so few Asians in the most popular American sports that it's practically impossible to rate their performances.
Yeah sure you’ll find 75% of African Americans in the NBA but you won’t find many West Africans, who are certainly “blacker” and according to the theory, athleticism and blackness somehow run together.

Well in that case you'd expect West Africans to dominate the NBA and African teams to dominate international basketball competitions. Apart USA black basketball teams are countries representing black nations are very average

There are actually very good reasons why track and field and boxing events are dominated the way they are; because that's who trains and competes in them. Boxing is generally for people who have limited opportunities. Racism limits your opportunities.

And yes Africans have been ahead of the rest of the world in long distance training methods for thirty years; it's no surprise they dominate the competitions.

Fact is people from a geographic region of Africa are the world's champion sprinters and a different group of people from a geographic region of Africa are the world's champion marathon runners and both are alleged to be part of some specific "race" you have just argued against sprinting or distance running as being a "racial" characteristic. Since the 2 groups you tried to put into one "race" have contradictory abilities.

Black people are well aware that system is against us. So that kinds steels an inner toughness within black people. Some one once said "It's not really a sport with black people" that's why when blk people come into sports, when it's an even playing field. We dominate. Not so much because that natural athletic ability stuff. More that the system of racism makes black men know they have to try harder.

This is Simone Maneul.

3735CE3300000578-3739599-image-a-28_1471150701900.jpg

She is the fastest swimmer in the she's the current world and Olympic champion in 100m freestyle

Despite the fact that participation rates in swimming for black people are very low. When she received the gold medal the BBC showed it live while NBC showed a tape of Russian gymnasts.

White people just need to stay out of our way and watch more and more of us break your little records and set our own. Simone Biles crushed the white competition in a sport that is usually dominated by Eastern Europeans and the Chinese.

You wouldn't even hear of Micheal Phelps if black ppl took swimming seriously but "if it don't pay, we don't play" so black people generally don't go for minority sports like swimming.

Black people can do fine in any pursuit once even a single rusty hole appears in the steel obstacles put in our way.
Nice that you decided to share your book with us, come back again when you have something to say about the TOPIC.

Every position in pro sports is competed for. If the majority of players are black why are most coaches white? Why are white men who never played the game coaches?

This is a dumb ass thread made by dumb ass race baiting whites.
It's not dumb. You are just playing dumb, because you're avoiding the subject matter.

The OP has been addressed. This is a dumb ass thread made by dumb ass race baiting whites

Affirmative action is for minorities.
Are white people a minority?

Face the truth. Black people are better at sports than whites.

That is wrong and stupid. See Post # 33

Also, of 13 professional boxers who have gone undefeated in their careers, most (8) of them are white.

The best stats for pro baseball hitters belong to whites (Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Ty Cobb, Joe DiMaggio)

MLB mourns the loss of trailblazer Frank Robinson

Hall of Famer Frank Robinson has passed away at the age of 83. Robinson, the only player to win MVP in each league, was also the first African-American manager in MLB history

Frank Robinson was the only player to have 7 seasons with an OPS of .950+ from 1959-1969.

MLB Stats on Twitter

THE ONLY PLAYER EVER.

th

Do you understand what this means chump?.

You surpassed your own very high bar of idiocy with this stupid shit.

If you have anything of substance, like a REAL fact to contribute for a change, feel free to post it.

I won't hold my breath.
....blacks less than 13% of the population but over 70% players are black = DISCRIMINATION against whites
hahahahhahahahahahaha THERE'S your facts
hahahahhahahahahahahhahaha
It is not discrimination if 32 owners and executives collectively earn more from the organization than over 1600 players.

Yes, it could be. The money the owners make is not relevant to the millions of want a be white sport stars.

Of course it is relevant. Fans go to games to see the PLAYERS. Not the owners.
Substandard players= no revenue.

True, but not relevant to the post you responded to.

MLB mourns the loss of trailblazer Frank Robinson

Hall of Famer Frank Robinson has passed away at the age of 83. Robinson, the only player to win MVP in each league, was also the first African-American manager in MLB history

Frank Robinson was the only player to have 7 seasons with an OPS of .950+ from 1959-1969.

MLB Stats on Twitter

THE ONLY PLAYER EVER.

th

Do you understand what this means chump?.
It means that along with dozens of other baseball players who hold various records of significance, he does too.

And you misspelled "champ". Be more careful. :biggrin:

Affirmative action is for minorities.
Are white people a minority?

Face the truth. Black people are better at sports than whites.

That is wrong and stupid. See Post # 33

Also, of 13 professional boxers who have gone undefeated in their careers, most (8) of them are white.

The best stats for pro baseball hitters belong to whites (Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Ty Cobb, Joe DiMaggio)

Pictures of 3 white guys hardly proves your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to be the most ignorant ass on the planet. While it is true that the majority of the players in the NBA and NFL are black, it was not always that way. It was not until the middle of the 20th century that black players began to represent larger numbers in those sports.

"The Whitest Huddle of Any Team in the League"

Even now, the highest paid players in the NFL are white. And of course the owners are nearly 100% white, and the vast majority of front office positions are occupied by white males.
These are the only two owners of color in the NFL

The average NFL player has a career that lasts 4 years, and earns between 4.5 to 5.0 million per season, and while the NBA players have slightly longer careers and earn a little more,
it is the team owners who earn the most money. The upper echelon players earn more money over time in product endorsements than they earn playing the sport if they are fortunate enough to get a deal.

And in spite of the fact that it galls an idiot like you, the vast majority of the fans who purchase tickets are white males. Do you actually think that they pay for season tickets to see black players who are the beneficiaries of favoritism at the expense of other white males?

Are you actually stupid enough to believe that any team owner would risk THEIR own wealth in the name of favoring black players through Affirmative Action?

As far as professional boxing goes, black world champions in the heavyweight class were non existent until Jack Johnson became the first in history. Mainly due to cowardly white males who would not "cross the color line" and risk losing to a black opponent.

When he won the title, race riots ensued all over America over a "N*****" beating up a white man" and invalidating the so called physical superiority of the white race.

If you examine ALL of the weight classes in professional boxing today, black fighters are NOT the majority in the lighter weight classes below the welterweight division.

Boxing fans pay big money to see the best fighters fight, and they normally don't care what race the fighter is, as long as they get what they came to see.

You surpassed your own very high bar of idiocy with this stupid shit.

SMGDH.
I just wasted valuable time reading a much too long post, blabbering about things that are either not addressing the OP, or are just plain stupid.

And where the hell have you been ? This thread sat here empty for quite a while. Now that I'm in a hurry to go somewhere, here you are (talking nonsense)

And I don'tknow what SMGDH means. Probably just as well.

Either address the OP, or stay the hell out of the thread.

I just got around to reading your gibberish because I usually avoid anything that you post. But since I know some pro athletes, I was curious what a dunce like you, who never partipated in a sport had to say on the subject. And as usual, you made a complete fool of yourself.

Every one of your points was adressed. So when dial a ride drops you off after your trip to the food bank, read the response and try to address it.

If you can.

Last edited:
If you have anything of substance, like a REAL fact to contribute for a change, feel free to post it.

I won't hold my breath.
....blacks less than 13% of the population but over 70% players are black = DISCRIMINATION against whites
hahahahhahahahahahaha THERE'S your facts
hahahahhahahahahahahhahaha
It is not discrimination if 32 owners and executives collectively earn more from the organization than over 1600 players.

Yes, it could be. The money the owners make is not relevant to the millions of want a be white sport stars.

Of course it is relevant. Fans go to games to see the PLAYERS. Not the owners.
Substandard players= no revenue.

True, but not relevant to the post you responded to.

Totally relevant. The topic was that the OP implied that blacks are overrepresented in professional sports.

I stated very clearly that an inordinate number of blacks work for a very small number of white owners who collectively ewrn more money than all of the players combined.

If those same owners could make even more money by fielding a more integrated work force or even a predominately white work force they would do so.

There is no affirmative action conspiracy against anyone in professional sports. It is based soley on ability.

I did not say they were. I said: "if they did, it would be unfair" Just like it would be unfair to deny a team tryout to a white player. Neither is happening.
How do you know ? You got some inside information ?

Yes I do. And it iis not really inside information common sense and knowing some people who were professional athletes both black and white

And if those 32 nearly ALL WHITE owners have the final say so regarding who the organization recruits and hires, then WHY would they purposely discriminate against anyone who proves to be the better candidate for a position?

Population share to percentage of players drafted is not a viable course of reasoning. The most talented players are the ones who get drafted.

THAT IS A FACT. I didn't think it to be possible, but you're more of an idiot than the rube who started this thread.

Why the hell does ANYBODY discriminate against whites with AA. Because they're mentally deranged maybe. How the hell do I know why they do ? ASk a psychiatrist.

As for the most talented, what makes you think blacks are the most talented ? Here a few photos you might look at >>

th
th

th
th
th

Pictures from last weeks superbowl?

One game where some of the standouts were white.

I say "Good for them"......

So what is your point?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2
No one knows for certain "how" the owners earned their money, not does anyone care. The fact is that as "owners" it is ludricous for anyone to actually believe that these owners would miss an opportunity to recruit and retain a player who has demonstrated superior skill, based on race.
The Superbowl MVP award has gone to predominantly white players, although the league is predominantly black. Is that discrimination? I would say no. It is based on performance.

Super Bowl Most Valuable Player Award - Wikipedia
The MVP award is one thing. Hiring is another.

And the predominantly WHITE management of the NFL and the NBA actually do the drafting/hiring.

And your point is?

It seems to be very common to see NFL football fields and NBA courts with more blacks than all other races combined. There also has been a majority of blacks in professional boxing for many years. How does this come to be ? Since it is common for lesser qualified blacks to be hired to many types of jobs in industry generally, one might wonder if this isn't also the case with pro sports.

Are better talented, faster, stronger whites being denied opportunities, based on race ? How about Hispanics and Asians ? When is the last time you saw a Chinese, Japanese, or Korean guy on an NFL football field ? How about guys from India on a basketball court ? There are so few Asians in the most popular American sports that it's practically impossible to rate their performances.

This is not the case with Whites, however. In the top 4 pro US sports > baseball, football, basketball, and boxing, whites have proven to be as good or often better than blacks, yet still have smaller numbers there. This is despite the fact that blacks are only 13% of the US population, as compared to whites at 76%. Could affirmative action be at work here, putting blacks ahead of better qualified whites, et al races ?

855308528.JPG

gettyimages-501240874%20(1).jpg
So...you didn't make your HS football team........

Because sports is relatively objective

You either have it or you don't - PERIOD.

You either can run the 100m in under 10 seconds or you can't
You either can hit a three pointer consistently or you can't

But in the workplace : Will this person “fit in” with the company ? Do they have “enough” experience? All of these evaluations are judgment calls and if your black you'll generally be on the wrong side of that judgement call, if your white you'll be the right side.

I mean I'm pretty sure you know the well known data that a white man with a felony will be asked for job call back than a black man without one.

I'M PRETTY SURE YOU KNOW THIS

Not to mention, whites have always been willing to let black people entertain them, even at the height of racism. You still had your Muhammad Ali and Jim Brown and even you won't see a significant number of black people at any NBA game.
Are better talented, faster, stronger whites being denied opportunities, based on race ?
  • Every player who has ever won an NHL scoring title is white.
  • Every Olympic weightlifting record is held by a caucasian.
  • All championship speed skaters are white.
  • Every major league pitcher who has ever won 300 games is white.
  • Almost all Olympic champions rowers and kayakers are white,
How about Hispanics and Asians ? When is the last time you saw a Chinese, Japanese, or Korean guy on an NFL football field ? How about guys from India on a basketball court ? There are so few Asians in the most popular American sports that it's practically impossible to rate their performances.
Yeah sure you’ll find 75% of African Americans in the NBA but you won’t find many West Africans, who are certainly “blacker” and according to the theory, athleticism and blackness somehow run together.

Well in that case you'd expect West Africans to dominate the NBA and African teams to dominate international basketball competitions. Apart USA black basketball teams are countries representing black nations are very average

There are actually very good reasons why track and field and boxing events are dominated the way they are; because that's who trains and competes in them. Boxing is generally for people who have limited opportunities. Racism limits your opportunities.

And yes Africans have been ahead of the rest of the world in long distance training methods for thirty years; it's no surprise they dominate the competitions.

Fact is people from a geographic region of Africa are the world's champion sprinters and a different group of people from a geographic region of Africa are the world's champion marathon runners and both are alleged to be part of some specific "race" you have just argued against sprinting or distance running as being a "racial" characteristic. Since the 2 groups you tried to put into one "race" have contradictory abilities.

Black people are well aware that system is against us. So that kinds steels an inner toughness within black people. Some one once said "It's not really a sport with black people" that's why when blk people come into sports, when it's an even playing field. We dominate. Not so much because that natural athletic ability stuff. More that the system of racism makes black men know they have to try harder.

This is Simone Maneul.

3735CE3300000578-3739599-image-a-28_1471150701900.jpg

She is the fastest swimmer in the she's the current world and Olympic champion in 100m freestyle

Despite the fact that participation rates in swimming for black people are very low. When she received the gold medal the BBC showed it live while NBC showed a tape of Russian gymnasts.

White people just need to stay out of our way and watch more and more of us break your little records and set our own. Simone Biles crushed the white competition in a sport that is usually dominated by Eastern Europeans and the Chinese.

You wouldn't even hear of Micheal Phelps if black ppl took swimming seriously but "if it don't pay, we don't play" so black people generally don't go for minority sports like swimming.

Black people can do fine in any pursuit once even a single rusty hole appears in the steel obstacles put in our way.
Nice that you decided to share your book with us, come back again when you have something to say about the TOPIC.

He gave you some very good points. They just went over your head.

Are better talented, faster, stronger whites being denied opportunities, based on race ? How about Hispanics and Asians ? When is the last time you saw a Chinese, Japanese, or Korean guy on an NFL football field ? How about guys from India on a basketball court ? There are so few Asians in the most popular American sports that it's practically impossible to rate their performances.

This is not the case with Whites, however. In the top 4 pro US sports > baseball, football, basketball, and boxing, whites have proven to be as good or often better than blacks, yet still have smaller numbers there. This is despite the fact that blacks are only 13% of the US population, as compared to whites at 76%. Could affirmative action be at work here, putting blacks ahead of better qualified whites, et al races ?

855308528.JPG

So...you didn't make your HS football team........

Forget high school. He likely never even played pop warner.

855308528.JPG

This is near the top of the dumbest OPs I have ever read. Affirmative action plays no part in why blacks are so highly represented in pro sports. It has to do with black culture. I’ll bet you didn’t know that Jews used to dominate professional basketball.

One more thing- boxing is NOT one of the 4 major sports in this country by any metric. Hockey is the 4th major sport and there are very few blacks that play.......because of culture.

By country/region - Biggest Global Sports
United States

1. American Football

2. Basketball

3. Baseball

4. Ice Hockey

5. Golf

6. Nascar

7. Tennis

8. Soccer

9. Boxing

10. Mixed Martial Arts

An organization already exists where being a dumb and unqualified honky will always get you a leg up...it’s called the Republican Party. :lol:

That’s true about the Republicans. It’s the opposite in the Democratic Party. If you’re a minority or a woman and stupid you move to the front of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back