Blackhawks used accountant as goalie — and he was awesome

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
On top of never having played at the NHL level, his last action was in 2005 lol

https://nypost.com/2018/03/29/blackhawks-forced-to-use-36-year-old-former-college-goalie/

CHICAGO — Scott Foster thought it was going to be just another night. Then the 36-year-old accountant signed a contract, put on his goaltender gear and waited in Chicago’s locker room. Then he got into the game.

Then, it was his night.

Foster was pressed into action when Chicago lost Anton Forsberg and Collin Delia to injuries, and the former college goalie stopped all seven shots he faced over the final 14 minutes of the Blackhawks’ 6-2 victory over the playoff-bound Winnipeg Jets on Thursday.

“This is something that no one can ever take away from me,” Foster said. “It’s something that I can go home and tell my kids and they can tell their friends. … Just a ton of fun.”

Foster is part of a crew of recreational goaltenders who staff Chicago’s home games in case of emergencies for either team. But it usually just means a nice dinner and a night in the press box watching the world’s best players compete at hockey’s highest level.

Just sittin' in the stands, enjoying the game....when Scott Foster saw the bat signal....and donned his goalie gear!!!

“I am an accounting professional with experience in financial services. I have expertise in fund accounting and financial reporting.”

That’s the first sentence on the LinkedIn page of Scott Foster, a 36-year-old accountant (duh) who works in Chicago and played college hockey more than a decade ago. Tonight, he played his first competitive game since finishing his career at Western Michigan University in 2006—for the Chicago Blackhawks, who picked him up as their emergency goaltender today, and then found themselves actually having to play him in the third period of tonight’s game against the Jets.

Everyday goaltender Anton Forsberg—who himself is a replacement for Corey Crawford, who’s been struggling with a concussion—was a scratch after being injured in practice this morning, and so backup Collin Delia took his place tonight. When Delia was injured in the third period, with the Blackhawks leading 6-2, there was no one to step in but Foster. And the guy did it! The accountant blocked all seven shots he saw"
https://deadspin.com/blackhawks-play-36-year-old-local-accountant-as-emergen-1824199592

He didn't get paid to play, either. He has gotten to go to game for free as the emergency goalie, though. How much was Scott Foster paid to be Blackhawks' emergency goalie? Nothing.

Wait.....are you saying this is Chicago Communism?????

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs

If there's communism involved, it's NHL communism; this isn't something unique to the Blackhawks. ;)

It was tongue-in-cheek, ol' boy.

Forum List

Back