Black woman making sense. Tells it like it is for the NFL black victims.

I am a minority and I see that you are another dumb white making a bunch of false claims. America is a racist nation. There is no debating this.. Actually they did say the cop was Hispanic in the media. After all you seem not to understand that the media in this nation are owned by white conservatives.
The mainstream media is notorious for bending over backward to avoid offending Blacks.

The mainstream media is owned by white conservatives. They are not bending over for blacks in any way shape or form.
The title of this thread, "Black Woman Making Sense," is yours. Your title, your thread. You tell yourself what you want to hear, then you tell it to us. The problem is it's wrong. All of it.

You are delusional, which is not uncommon for Blacks who simply cannot live with reality. They invent their own.

[...]

And this "take responsibility" argument is not new. I've recently reread some of what Bill Cosby preached when he berated the black community (like he no longer belonged to it). But I've also read that people making themselves more respectable does not change a fundamentally flawed system. Very respectable blacks, i.e. U.S. Congressmen and judges, have been stopped, harassed and arrested by police officers who still saw them as "less than," no matter how far they had climbed up the respectability ladder.
I believe a lot of this exists in your imagination, mainly the idea that Black congressmen and judges are harassed by White cops who stop their cars. Even if a White cop were inclined to harass a Black who inhabits such high stations he would not risk the probable outcome if the right political buttons were pushed. Congressmen and judges are in a position to cause a cop quite a bit of misery. Can you cite any actual testimony of that level of police harassment?

This kind of persecution fiction is widespread among Blacks and it fuels the endless whining about "racism."

Sen. Tim Scott reveals incidents of being targeted by Capitol Police

Tim Scott delivered a powerful and deeply personal speech from the Senate floor on Wednesday in which he detailed how, even inside the Capitol building, the relationship between law enforcement and the black community can be strained.

The South Carolina senator spoke of multiple instances in which he felt he had been unfairly targeted by police because of the color of his skin, including one encounter with the U.S. Capitol Police. Scott, who is black, said that as recently as last year he was stopped by a Capitol Police officer who did not recognize him as a senator even though he was wearing his member’s pin.

“The pin, I know. You, I don’t,” Scott recalled the officer saying with “a little attitude.” Scott said the tone of the encounter suggested that the officer believed he was impersonating a senator.

The South Carolina Republican said he received a call later that evening from a Capitol Police supervisor apologizing for the officer’s behavior. It was the third such call he has received from either the chief of the Capitol Police or a supervisor since joining the Senate in 2013, he said.

Scott said that in the course of one year as an elected official, he was stopped seven times by law enforcement.

It ain't fiction Gomer.

I am a minority and I see that you are another dumb white making a bunch of false claims. America is a racist nation. There is no debating this.. Actually they did say the cop was Hispanic in the media. After all you seem not to understand that the media in this nation are owned by white conservatives.
The mainstream media is notorious for bending over backward to avoid offending Blacks.

The mainstream media is owned by white conservatives. They are not bending over for blacks in any way shape or form.
The title of this thread, "Black Woman Making Sense," is yours. Your title, your thread. You tell yourself what you want to hear, then you tell it to us. The problem is it's wrong. All of it.

You are delusional, which is not uncommon for Blacks who simply cannot live with reality. They invent their own.

No, this is not my thread nutso.

So it seems that you are the one who is wrong, and not just on this.

[...]

And this "take responsibility" argument is not new. I've recently reread some of what Bill Cosby preached when he berated the black community (like he no longer belonged to it). But I've also read that people making themselves more respectable does not change a fundamentally flawed system. Very respectable blacks, i.e. U.S. Congressmen and judges, have been stopped, harassed and arrested by police officers who still saw them as "less than," no matter how far they had climbed up the respectability ladder.
I believe a lot of this exists in your imagination, mainly the idea that Black congressmen and judges are harassed by White cops who stop their cars. Even if a White cop were inclined to harass a Black who inhabits such high stations he would not risk the probable outcome if the right political buttons were pushed. Congressmen and judges are in a position to cause a cop quite a bit of misery. Can you cite any actual testimony of that level of police harassment?

This kind of persecution fiction is widespread among Blacks and it fuels the endless whining about "racism."

Tim Scott delivered a powerful and deeply personal speech from the Senate floor on Wednesday in which he detailed how, even inside the Capitol building, the relationship between law enforcement and the black community can be strained.

The South Carolina senator spoke of multiple instances in which he felt he had been unfairly targeted by police because of the color of his skin, including one encounter with the U.S. Capitol Police. Scott, who is black, said that as recently as last year he was stopped by a Capitol Police officer who did not recognize him as a senator even though he was wearing his member’s pin.

“The pin, I know. You, I don’t,” Scott recalled the officer saying with “a little attitude.” Scott said the tone of the encounter suggested that the officer believed he was impersonating a senator.

The South Carolina Republican said he received a call later that evening from a Capitol Police supervisor apologizing for the officer’s behavior. It was the third such call he has received from either the chief of the Capitol Police or a supervisor since joining the Senate in 2013, he said.

Scott said that in the course of one year as an elected official, he was stopped seven times by law enforcement.

It ain't fiction Gomer.

The lady kicks serious ass. She understands personal responsibility, choices and consequences.

This message is not going to be well received by a lot of blacks.

Especially, not by the whiny kneelers.

yeah... how dare they whine that young unarmed black men keep getting shot down for no reason.

idiot.
You really don't understand why so many people are pissed off. So why do you continue to display your stupidity.

Instead of just going around trying to insult people, you should try to buy a fucking clue.

Idiot.

It ain't fiction Gomer.
First, being stopped seven times in one year seems rather unusual, unless this senator drives recklessly and/or looks like a junkie. Aside from that, not being immediately recognized and acknowledged is hardly harassment.

We got excuses. The man is not lying.. Life is different for us than for you whites mikie. Once you get a real nice car, you are automatically a target for the constant pull over when you are black. I'm not going to argue with your white ass about this. I have lived it.

We got excuses. The man is not lying.. Life is different for us than for you whites mikie. Once you get a real nice car, you are automatically a target for the constant pull over when you are black. I'm not going to argue with your white ass about this. I have lived it.
No need to argue. I know that Blacks are profiled by police -- but the reason is not racism. It's the drug war.

Police departments are subsidized by the federal government on the basis of their anti-drug activity, so the police patrols are pressured to make drug arrests. Because arrest statistics show that Blacks are far more likely to be carrying drugs the attention of police patrols is focused on Blacks. So while it may be said that race is a factor in making a stop it is not the primary factor

I don't know who this Senator Tim Scott is but I would be interested in his physical appearance and the type of car he drives, because if either or both factors conform with the "druggie" stereotype you can bet that is why he's been stopped so many times. You should know there also is a White "druggie" stereotype and they are frequently stopped, too. You can see this for yourself if you watch the tv "ride-along" documentary, COPS.

You should also know that I am not justifying any of this. I am strongly opposed to the drug war and I believe it should be ended -- which would put an end to these supposed "racist" car stops.

No need to argue. I know that Blacks are profiled by police -- but the reason is not racism. It's the drug war.

Police departments are subsidized by the federal government on the basis of their anti-drug activity, so the police patrols are pressured to make drug arrests. Because arrest statistics show that Blacks are far more likely to be carrying drugs the attention of police patrols is focused on Blacks. So while it may be said that race is a factor in making a stop it is not the primary factor

I don't know who this Senator Tim Scott is but I would be interested in his physical appearance and the type of car he drives, because if either or both factors conform with the "druggie" stereotype you can bet that is why he's been stopped so many times. You should know there also is a White "druggie" stereotype and they are frequently stopped, too. You can see this for yourself if you watch the tv "ride-along" documentary, COPS.

You should also know that I am not justifying any of this. I am strongly opposed to the drug war and I believe it should be ended -- which would put an end to these supposed "racist" car stops.

It's racism. I sit on a committee wring on this issue now. Backs in this town get pulled over at 7 times the rate of whites supposedly for drug stops. But drug use is the same between blacks and whites. On the national level it's 4 rimes the rate and drug use is still the same between bacs and whites. So it's racism.

Tim Scott is a US Senator from South Carolina. He's the only black republican senator. You talk about the white druggie stereotype but again backs ae pulled over 4 times more than whites while using drugs at the same rate as whites. Arrest statistics show none of what you say. Whites were arrested for 70 percent of all drug use violations in 2015.

Table 43

Forum List

Back