Black woman making sense. Tells it like it is for the NFL black victims.

Bah! Lemme tell you somethin' , when the popo comes hunting somebody for armed burglary?

They're coming in with guns drawn and on full alert and not messing around.

Stolen gun? Serious business.

I've been in the middle of it w/o doing anything wrong before. They are not playing when it comes to that.

Well she bought the BS .

The NFL is made up of large black men, many who came from crappy areas . Now they have money, cars, and nice houses .

Methinks they are well aware of how the police treat blacks .

The lady kicks serious ass. She understands personal responsibility, choices and consequences.

This message is not going to be well received by a lot of blacks.

Especially, not by the whiny kneelers.

A lot of black people are like her, they just don't get any media coverage. They don't like gang bangers, cheer when they finally get wasted or locked up for a long time and no longer terrorizing their neighborhoods, almost all are also armed, out of necessity of course, and churches, while dwindling, are still big players in black culture, the real one, not the TV and movie garbage images.

Black woman making sense. You go girl!

She is making sense to herself and those who agree with her. The first thing that came to my mind after watching this is the Willie Lynch letter to slave holders. His preferred methods of making slaves was to divide and conquer - pit them one against the other, create jealousy and animosity, even hatred for one another - and he promised it would make them controllable forever.

And this "take responsibility" argument is not new. I've recently reread some of what Bill Cosby preached when he berated the black community (like he no longer belonged to it). But I've also read that people making themselves more respectable does not change a fundamentally flawed system. Very respectable blacks, i.e. U.S. Congressmen and judges, have been stopped, harassed and arrested by police officers who still saw them as "less than," no matter how far they had climbed up the respectability ladder.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

She is making sense to herself and those who agree with her. The first thing that came to my mind after watching this is the Willie Lynch letter to slave holders. His preferred methods of making slaves was to divide and conquer - pit them one against the other, create jealousy and animosity, even hatred for one another - and he promised it would make them controllable forever.

And this "take responsibility" argument is not new. I've recently reread some of what Bill Cosby preached when he berated the black community (like he no longer belonged to it). But I've also read that people making themselves more respectable does not change a fundamentally flawed system. Very respectable blacks, i.e. U.S. Congressmen and judges, have been stopped, harassed and arrested by police officers who still saw them as "less than," no matter how far they had climbed up the respectability ladder.

Not even close to a "slavery analogy".. 860 ARRESTS since 2000... MOST of these were never settled or deals were made with the NFL. THAT --- is a house in disorder. THESE are NOT the guys to carry the torch.

They need to clean their nest first...

A lot of black people are like her, they just don't get any media coverage.

Nice stereotype. Racist much? This lady HAS the salient facts and figures. And you start off with "uninformed, no media coverage"..

They don't like gang bangers, cheer when they finally get wasted or locked up for a long time and no longer terrorizing their neighborhoods,

Who like gang bangers? Seems like the behavior in the NFL is the rich boy version of gang banging.

The lady is TOTALLY RIGHT. The NFL has a very deep problem with keeping their players out of the legal system. No wonder they hate law enforcement.

Now we could all BURY THIS and pretend that's not the case. Like EVERY OTHER nasty BURIED race issues. Or we can all agree to point it out and HOPE it get fixed. So that these players have an UNtarnished platform to lecture us from...

A lot of black people are like her, they just don't get any media coverage.

Nice stereotype. Racist much? This lady HAS the salient facts and figures. And you start off with "uninformed, no media coverage"..

What are you raving about? Are you drunk or something when you read my post? A lot of people are unaware there are black people like this woman.

They don't like gang bangers, cheer when they finally get wasted or locked up for a long time and no longer terrorizing their neighborhoods,

Who like gang bangers? Seems like the behavior in the NFL is the rich boy version of gang banging.

The lady is TOTALLY RIGHT. The NFL has a very deep problem with keeping their players out of the legal system. No wonder they hate law enforcement.

Now we could all BURY THIS and pretend that's not the case. Like EVERY OTHER nasty BURIED race issues. Or we can all agree to point it out and HOPE it get fixed. So that these players have an UNtarnished platform to lecture us from...

I never said nor implied she was wrong, did I ?

Not even close to a "slavery analogy".. 860 ARRESTS since 2000... MOST of these were never settled or deals were made with the NFL. THAT --- is a house in disorder. THESE are NOT the guys to carry the torch.

The letter popped into my mind and I saw it as a partial explanation for why black people seem to have trouble coming together and are so quick to criticize each other. I think that the divide and conquer tactic is still at work.

As for these guys not being the ones - I've got so many thoughts - I think I may have to start a thread.

The letter popped into my mind and I saw it as a partial explanation for why black people seem to have trouble coming together and are so quick to criticize each other. I think that the divide and conquer tactic is still at work.

As for these guys not being the ones - I've got so many thoughts - I think I may have to start a thread.

As an outside observer, I think the opposite may be the problem. As in this instance, where staying on the clean side of the law is SOOOO damn difficult for these guys who have persevered and risen to the height of a profession. That there is a huge resistance on your part and the part of the black community to recognize the hypocrisy of their criticism of the "system"..

It seems when the indefensible is occurring, there's a group mentality to retreat into the safety of the ghetto. Because all those years of segregation and abuse CONDITIONED black folks to be comfortable amongst the familiarity of the hood. Decades of intimidation and accusations existed OUTSIDE of the hood. So as soon you went "home" -- you didn't have to deal with it. Rather than BEING freed to truly assimilate with the rest of society, it's STILL a bunker under attack mentality.

When in reality -- the offered criticism is meant to AID -- not to abuse..

Rather than BEING freed to truly assimilate with the rest of society,
This seems like a contradiction of terms to me. How free are people, if in order to be accepted by the dominant society, they have to become like them? When they are absorbed and incorporated by the dominant society, what happens to their sense of self? Maybe that internal constant conflict is what gives rise to rebellion and resistance - the counter culture.

I remember reading recently that a black man told his brothers, "You can behave just like white people, but remember that you will not be treated like white people."

Maybe some folks are reaching the point where they feel assimilation is not working and they are tired of trying. Even black folks who totally assimilate have been mistreated and arrested simply because of their skin color, i.e. the judge who was on his front lawn, the congressman who was trying to get to work.

I also recall a video where a white guy was walking down the street with a firearm in an "open carry" state. Police spotted him, approached him, talked with him and went on their way. A black guy was spotted carrying the exact same weapon. The police approached him, guns drawn, threw him to the ground. More cop cars came and surrounded him while they detained him. This is not equal treatment under the law. And I do sympathize with the player's cause and their way of protesting.

Rather than BEING freed to truly assimilate with the rest of society,
This seems like a contradiction of terms to me. How free are people, if in order to be accepted by the dominant society, they have to become like them? When they are absorbed and incorporated by the dominant society, what happens to their sense of self? Maybe that internal constant conflict is what gives rise to rebellion and resistance - the counter culture.

I remember reading recently that a black man told his brothers, "You can behave just like white people, but remember that you will not be treated like white people."

Maybe some folks are reaching the point where they feel assimilation is not working and they are tired of trying. Even black folks who totally assimilate have been mistreated and arrested simply because of their skin color, i.e. the judge who was on his front lawn, the congressman who was trying to get to work.

I also recall a video where a white guy was walking down the street with a firearm in an "open carry" state. Police spotted him, approached him, talked with him and went on their way. A black guy was spotted carrying the exact same weapon. The police approached him, guns drawn, threw him to the ground. More cop cars came and surrounded him while they detained him. This is not equal treatment under the law. And I do sympathize with the player's cause and their way of protesting.

Not asking anyone to ditch their culture. I'm believing that it's time to EXERCISE that freedom.. And stop preferring the comfort of the herd. Because HIDING all this hypocrisy by retreating to the hood, isn't making the statement of "freedom and free will". In this NFL case, if "acting white" means not beating your wife or shooting yourself in the foot in a bar fight -- that's not a cultural thing that needs saving.

If "acting white" is a motivation to learn -- and you don't HAVE that motivation in your arsenal, maybe you ought to reconsider. And it goes on and on. Don't "behave like white people". Behave like successful people. Get the fuck OUT of the hood. Explore other values and experiences. The acceptance part is based on what you can do for OTHERS -- not on race..

I'm a bit embarrassed to be pointing all this out. Not my job.BUT -- you don't have a lot of MLKs, and Thurgood Marshalls lately. If you did, I'd just sit back and watch the lectures.

Last edited:
Anyone black who validates the beliefs of whites here will be used as examples. But this lady is ignorant. The only herd mentality is that o f this black woman. I am sue that most of the whites here cannot understand how I can say that, but that is the truth. The herd believes that racism is not a proem and that blacks are the cause of their own problems. Not public policy, not centuries of racist public policy no, just the black culture. That is the herd thinking. So if a black person repeats this, they are the ones thinking with the herd mentality. Anyone thinking outside of that box, such as the NFL players get criticized by the herd. So eblacks such as MLK have gotten killed for thinking outside of the herd.

We have plenty of MLKS and Thurgood Marshalls. But what we don't have is the white conservative fantasy of these two men. When both of them lived they were not liked by whites. Now they are dead so we can make up anything we want to about hem. Because if they were here now, the person who makes these claims would be the first not to listen to anything they say.

“There is very little truth in the old refrain that one cannot legislate equality.”
-Thurgood Marshall
I don't think conservative whites agree with this and had Marshall been alive today, the first person to try arguing against these words would be the person who mentioned Thurgood Marshall.

As an outside observer, I think the opposite may be the problem. As in this instance, where staying on the clean side of the law is SOOOO damn difficult for these guys who have persevered and risen to the height of a profession. That there is a huge resistance on your part and the part of the black community to recognize the hypocrisy of their criticism of the "system"..

It seems when the indefensible is occurring, there's a group mentality to retreat into the safety of the ghetto. Because all those years of segregation and abuse CONDITIONED black folks to be comfortable amongst the familiarity of the hood. Decades of intimidation and accusations existed OUTSIDE of the hood. So as soon you went "home" -- you didn't have to deal with it. Rather than BEING freed to truly assimilate with the rest of society, it's STILL a bunker under attack mentality.

When in reality -- the offered criticism is meant to AID -- not to abuse..

This is not meant to do anything but level judgment upon a race. There are people who are not famous professional athletes in every field of work who get in trouble with the law and in higher numbers. When you look at arrest rates, this so called "criticism to AID" fails miserably.

Forum List

Back