Black Voter Suppression?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nakedemperor, Sep 16, 2004.

1. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    "If we don't suppress the Detroit vote, we're going to have a tough time in this election." -John Pappageorge, GOP state legislator

:wtf:

Detroit is between 80-85% black, by the bye... Where's that thread filled with indignation at the thought that the GOP could have and might again attempt to suppress black voters?

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm20777_20040721.htm

2. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Please cite an example of previous black voter suppression.

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    And why should i be very concerned what some idiot says?

4. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    This election is going to be fierce, both sides do not want to argue over any issues, as can be seen by our time warp to the 60s, so I am not surprised if one lowranking gop legislator says the black vote should be supppressed in one city, and I think in all liklihood it was just a poor choice of words on his part.

nakedemperor, how does someone get negative reputation?

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    What the heck are you talking about? republicans are more than willing to debate the issue. John Kerry wont stop yelling about Vietnam and hasnt taken a position on any of the major issues that he doesnt contradict within two weeks. How can we have a serious debate on the issues when one side cant even agree with himself?

6. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22

"Surpressed" black vote debunked here:
    http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=156261&postcount=10

Yet another non-issue.

7. nakedemperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Groovy. Notice I said "could have been suppressed", nor was Flordia my central point at all. It was a nonchalant remark by a GOP member indicating that "suppression" is a relatively banal trope for him/them.

8. nakedemperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Well, I'm a liberal, and as such, I mostly get negative reputation for people disagreeing with my politics. Explanations for my negative reputations have included multiple "Vote Bush!" (multiple users) "Just because there's no evidence doesn't make it untrue" (USA Pride) "Take your faggot lifestyle somewhere else you sick fuck" (PaleRider), etc. I rarely get negative reputation points for profanity, being illogical, trolling, or flaming (things which actually deserve negative responses), but mostly simply because of my politics, which I'm pretty sure isn't the point of "reputation".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356

You get negative reputation from me because you insist on points that have no basis in fact. Either that or you try to hammer home arguments that have been proven wrong before you ever came on the boards. Your insistence on being stubborn about being wrong is what gets you negative points. Your insistance on "prove me wrong" attitude despite that very thing being done to you causes many to not only disagree with you, but to feel it neccessary to put negative points on your rep.

It has nothing to do with you being a liberal. PJ is a liberal but has made many articulate points on this board. DK is a liberal but has also had very civil arguments where he has presented facts and conceded when he realized where the facts are. Liberals arent all raving lunatics. Just a majority are. You happen to be in the majority when you bring your tired arguments to the table.

10. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Black voter suppression: I wish. I say, bring back literacy tests --- that'll knock them out, and the Hispanics. GOP fortunes will increase. I wonder what percentage of blacks and Hispanics will vote for GWB this November.