Black Voter Suppression?

This election is going to be fierce, both sides do not want to argue over any issues, as can be seen by our time warp to the 60s, so I am not surprised if one lowranking gop legislator says the black vote should be supppressed in one city, and I think in all liklihood it was just a poor choice of words on his part.

nakedemperor, how does someone get negative reputation?

Palestinian Jew said:
This election is going to be fierce, both sides do not want to argue over any issues, as can be seen by our time warp to the 60s, so I am not surprised if one lowranking gop legislator says the black vote should be supppressed in one city, and I think in all liklihood it was just a poor choice of words on his part.

What the heck are you talking about? republicans are more than willing to debate the issue. John Kerry wont stop yelling about Vietnam and hasnt taken a position on any of the major issues that he doesnt contradict within two weeks. How can we have a serious debate on the issues when one side cant even agree with himself?

nakedemperor said:
"If we don't suppress the Detroit vote, we're going to have a tough time in this election." -John Pappageorge, GOP state legislator

:wtf:

Detroit is between 80-85% black, by the bye... Where's that thread filled with indignation at the thought that the GOP could have and might again attempt to suppress black voters?

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm20777_20040721.htm

"Surpressed" black vote debunked here:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=156261&postcount=10

Yet another non-issue.

Palestinian Jew said:

Well, I'm a liberal, and as such, I mostly get negative reputation for people disagreeing with my politics. Explanations for my negative reputations have included multiple "Vote Bush!" (multiple users) "Just because there's no evidence doesn't make it untrue" (USA Pride) "Take your faggot lifestyle somewhere else you sick fuck" (PaleRider), etc. I rarely get negative reputation points for profanity, being illogical, trolling, or flaming (things which actually deserve negative responses), but mostly simply because of my politics, which I'm pretty sure isn't the point of "reputation".

nakedemperor said:
Well, I'm a liberal, and as such, I mostly get negative reputation for people disagreeing with my politics. Explanations for my negative reputations have included multiple "Vote Bush!" (multiple users) "Just because there's no evidence doesn't make it untrue" (USA Pride) "Take your faggot lifestyle somewhere else you sick fuck" (PaleRider), etc. I rarely get negative reputation points for profanity, being illogical, trolling, or flaming (things which actually deserve negative responses), but mostly simply because of my politics, which I'm pretty sure isn't the point of "reputation".

You get negative reputation from me because you insist on points that have no basis in fact. Either that or you try to hammer home arguments that have been proven wrong before you ever came on the boards. Your insistence on being stubborn about being wrong is what gets you negative points. Your insistance on "prove me wrong" attitude despite that very thing being done to you causes many to not only disagree with you, but to feel it neccessary to put negative points on your rep.

It has nothing to do with you being a liberal. PJ is a liberal but has made many articulate points on this board. DK is a liberal but has also had very civil arguments where he has presented facts and conceded when he realized where the facts are. Liberals arent all raving lunatics. Just a majority are. You happen to be in the majority when you bring your tired arguments to the table.

Black voter suppression: I wish. I say, bring back literacy tests --- that'll knock them out, and the Hispanics. GOP fortunes will increase. I wonder what percentage of blacks and Hispanics will vote for GWB this November.

William Joyce said:
Black voter suppression: I wish. I say, bring back literacy tests --- that'll knock them out, and the Hispanics. GOP fortunes will increase. I wonder what percentage of blacks and Hispanics will vote for GWB this November.

Ive heard some Democrats on yahoo suggest literacy tests. When i pointed out that defeated one of the major accomplishments of the civil rights movement and that thats the technique Southern Democrats used to exclude black votes, they called me racist. Still havent figured out how that logically follows.

literacy tests will never been allowed. Good reason too. All someone has to do to enslave a popular is keep them from learning to read. But then you already know that, thats probably why you are proposing it. I on the other hand believe that all men are created equal. That we are all Children of God and we all have the same natural rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

literacy tests will never been allowed. Good reason too. All someone has to do to enslave a popular is keep them from learning to read.

Blacks aren't prevented from learning. They do that pretty well on their own.

I on the other hand believe that all men are created equal.

Why do you believe this? Do you observe that men are equal? Are women equal? Are men equal to women? And what should be the consequences of this equality?

insein said:
You get negative reputation from me because you insist on points that have no basis in fact. Either that or you try to hammer home arguments that have been proven wrong before you ever came on the boards. Your insistence on being stubborn about being wrong is what gets you negative points. Your insistance on "prove me wrong" attitude despite that very thing being done to you causes many to not only disagree with you, but to feel it neccessary to put negative points on your rep.

It has nothing to do with you being a liberal. PJ is a liberal but has made many articulate points on this board. DK is a liberal but has also had very civil arguments where he has presented facts and conceded when he realized where the facts are. Liberals arent all raving lunatics. Just a majority are. You happen to be in the majority when you bring your tired arguments to the table.

I disagree with you that I ever argue anything that has "no basis in fact". Numerous times I've listed many many facts, and then been rebutted with "how many times are we gonna have to hear this!?" Forgive me for not being able to intuit what has or hasn't been talked about heretofor, I'm still working on claravoyance. That being said, its still not a reason to give someone negative rep.

I would also argue that a couple of times people have said I use NO facts to back up my points, when in reality they disagree with me on how to interpret facts. Again, unless its apparent that I'm blatantly and willfully misinterpreting and misrepresenting, this isn't a reason to disparage someones reputation.

nakedemperor said:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11919

What the heck are you talking about? republicans are more than willing to debate the issue. John Kerry wont stop yelling about Vietnam and hasnt taken a position on any of the major issues that he doesnt contradict within two weeks. How can we have a serious debate on the issues when one side cant even agree with himself?

John sKerry will too debate the issues damnit ;) He just says he would have could have and will do things " different " After he is elected (not) he will tell you his top secret plans. :poop: Right now he is too busy calling names and imploding. :cheers2: :mm:

jimnyc said:

I hate to squabble with you Jim, but many of my negative reputation points have come specifically from conflicting beliefs or ideologies. I don't know if you can see the bylines for my neg. rep. points, but if you can't, "Vote Bush!" or some variation thereupon appears 3 times. I don't know how to access more than the last 5 that I've recieved, but I guarantee you, many others have been for similar reasons.

Cheers if you don't partake in that sort of thing though.

nakedemperor said:
I hate to squabble with you Jim, but many of my negative reputation points have come specifically from conflicting beliefs or ideologies. I don't know if you can see the bylines for my neg. rep. points, but if you can't, "Vote Bush!" or some variation thereupon appears 3 times. I don't know how to access more than the last 5 that I've recieved, but I guarantee you, many others have been for similar reasons.

5 reps were left without comment. 6 positive and 14 negative. 20 reps left all together. Bush only mentioned once. It appears most of the comments are in direct relation to your posting style, online personality & lack of substance/proof.

All I'm saying is that people generally leave negative feedback based on their perception of your attitude, not by your party affiliation.

jimnyc said:
All I'm saying is that people generally leave negative feedback based on their perception of your attitude, not by your party affiliation.

Disagree. I think the standard is different for the minority view.

Then again, I'm new here, I'll wait and see if it evens out.

nakedemperor said:

And I just awarded you points myself for disagreeing in a civil, sensible and respectful manner.

I have no problem with people who disagree with me, I usually have a problem with the approach of some.

nakedemperor said:
Disagree. I think the standard is different for the minority view.

Then again, I'm new here, I'll wait and see if it evens out.

You'll always have members giving/taking away points based on beliefs alone. I think in time it will show that the friendlier and more respectful posters will ultimately end up on the positive side, whether liberal or conservative.

Forum List

Back