Black Toddler Missing, Does The Media Care?

Affluent kids who are missing are tragedies worthy of national airtime

Poor kids who are missing are merely statistics.

Racism or classism?

You decide

Racism or classism?

You decide

Well gee.... Since not all affluent kids are white, and not all poor kids are black, what do you think?

Racism or classism?

You decide

Well gee.... Since not all affluent kids are white, and not all poor kids are black, what do you think?

2/3 of the poor people in the USA are White.

Do the math

The U.S. population's distribution by race and ethnicity in 2006 was as follows:[32][33]

Total population: 299 million
White alone: 74% or 221.3 million
Not including the 23.2 million White Hispanic and Latino Americans: 66% or 198.1 million
Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, of any race: 14.8% or about 44.3 million
Black or African American alone: 13.4% or 40.9 million
Some other race alone: 6.5% or 19 million
Asian alone: 4.4% or 13.1 million
Two or more races: 2.0% or 6.1 million
American Indian or Alaska Native alone: 0.68% or 2.0 million
Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander alone: 0.14% or 0.43 million
These figures add up to more than 100% on this list because Hispanic and Latino Americans are distributed among all the races and are also listed as an ethnicity category, resulting in a double count.

Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, it's higher, and depends on the inclusion of Latinos. So it would follow that there are significantly more poor among whites than blacks given that the population (per above) is 75% white and only 25% black. That's just logical.

I have never seen a story of a missing black kid on BET, do black people care?

...ever since I read your disingenious opening post I see and hear about this story everywhere.

Ex. Foxnews.com
Baby Sitter, Boyfriend Charged With Murdering 2-Year-Old Indiana Girl - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

I also listened to a whole segment on the radio dedicated to this after it broke that the boyfriend did it!

I think you are wrong false victim!

Wow, one story posted after Foxnews had to be told to put on btw, disproves the overall facts posted in this thread?

2/3 of the poor people in the USA are White.

Do the math

The U.S. population's distribution by race and ethnicity in 2006 was as follows:[32][33]

Total population: 299 million
White alone: 74% or 221.3 million
Not including the 23.2 million White Hispanic and Latino Americans: 66% or 198.1 million
Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, of any race: 14.8% or about 44.3 million
Black or African American alone: 13.4% or 40.9 million
Some other race alone: 6.5% or 19 million
Asian alone: 4.4% or 13.1 million
Two or more races: 2.0% or 6.1 million
American Indian or Alaska Native alone: 0.68% or 2.0 million
Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander alone: 0.14% or 0.43 million
These figures add up to more than 100% on this list because Hispanic and Latino Americans are distributed among all the races and are also listed as an ethnicity category, resulting in a double count.

Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, it's higher, and depends on the inclusion of Latinos. So it would follow that there are significantly more poor among whites than blacks given that the population (per above) is 75% white and only 25% black. That's just logical.

Yes, true.

Hence my question about whether this is really a problem of classism or racism.

Obviously it could be both, but I believe our society is no less rife with classist inequities than it is with racist inequities.

In fact, I really define American racism as a subset of the greater problem of American classism.

...ever since I read your disingenious opening post I see and hear about this story everywhere.

Ex. Foxnews.com
Baby Sitter, Boyfriend Charged With Murdering 2-Year-Old Indiana Girl - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

I also listened to a whole segment on the radio dedicated to this after it broke that the boyfriend did it!

I think you are wrong false victim!

Wow, one story posted after Foxnews had to be told to put on btw, disproves the overall facts posted in this thread?

After you brought this up, I noticed this story all over the the place!

You brought up Kaylee Anthony as an example. Well that was NOT just a missing white girl it had some real interesting plot lines:
(1) Very attractive Mother
(2) Mother didn't report the missing child for weeks
(3) Mother's story didn't make sense
(4) The out in you face parents
(5) A retard mother who didn't seem capable of covering up a murder and burying of her child's body
(6) The continued missing child and no body
(7) Very cute kid
(8) The confrontation of the family with members of the public
(9) The final discover of the body
(10) The mother's seemingly indifference
(11) Also did I mention the mother was very hot!

Not apples to apples bud! But cry victim all you want, its doesn't help your people, in fact it sinks your people further!

Forum List

Back