Black slave owners in the United States

Black slave owners in the United States

Philip Burnham, in the article "Selling Poor Steven" published in the February/March 1993 issue of American Heritage, found that in the US Census of 1830 there were 3,775 free blacks who owned 12,740 black slaves. Burnham wrote about the slave John Casor, who was denied his freedom by Black slave owner Anthony Johnson.

• "In the 1640s John Casor was brought from Africa to America, where he toiled as a servant for a Virginia landowner. In 1654 Casor filed a complaint in Northampton County Court, claiming that his master, Anthony Johnson, had unjustly extended the terms of his indenture with the intention of keeping Casor his slave for life. Johnson, insisting he knew nothing of any indenture, fought hard to retain what he regarded as his personal property. After much wrangling, on March 8, 1655, the court ruled that "the said John Casor Negro shall forthwith be returned unto the service of his master Anthony Johnson," consigning him to a bitter lifetime of bondage. Given the vulnerable legal status of servants - black and white - in colonial America, the decision was not surprising But the documents reveal one additional fact of interest: Anthony Johnson, like his chattel Casor, was black.

In the old days:
  • You were sold into slavery.
  • Brought to America.
  • Worked on an estate.
  • Given a place to live and food to eat.
Today in our modern, much better world:
  • You are forced to take jobs you don't like to survive.
  • Move to another city to fill a position there.
  • Work crazy hours doing the work of two people into all hours of the night with insane deadlines for far too little money.
  • Then give all your money back to the government in taxes or they take your home, so you can at least afford to put food on the table.

Thats true. Most of them owned their kids and spouses you idiot. Thats freely available data should you choose to research it. The ones that did it for profit were a small minority much like Black republicans are today.
Black Republicans of today are still fighting to free themselves from the democratic plantations.

Obama was Americas biggest house Negro. He promised you the moon and gave you nothing.

This is why intelligent African American are jumping on the Trump wagon where promises are being forefilled .
Anyone jumping on Drumpfs bandwagon is fucking idiot. Black, white, Mexican, or green. Obama gave me validation. Not to mention him standing as an example of being a Black man that could bring change.
One of the few changes Obama brought was the once heeling between race relations.

Now Trump is having to deal with black on white hate crimes around every corner.

What??? Obama set race relations back 30 years. He constantly made divisive comments like with Trayvon, the forced "Beer Summit", inviting BLM to the White House, and constant Identity Politics around RACE, Sexual Orientation, Gender, etc.

Obama had an opportunity to put racism in our rear view mirror, and chose to use it to SCORE POLITICAL POINTS with the LEFT.
You fucking idiot. All Obama did is leave no doubt that a vast majority of whites in the US are racist.

" Hiding Guilt Behind Accusations Of Others "

* Pot Calling The Kettle Black *

You fucking idiot. All Obama did is leave no doubt that a vast majority of whites in the US are racist.
This is a true story .

Though he passed away several years ago, a coworker of mine who was black used to have discussions with me about race and politics .

He asked me , " What was the first thing that white people thought when they heard oj was a suspect in the murder of nicole simpson ? " . " What ? " , i replied rhetorically and anticipating his response . " That he was guilty . " , he replied . " Wrong . " , I replied , " The first thought of white people was that she deserved it for being a white woman who married a black man . That he was guilty was their second thought . " . We both laughed , though i doubt most white people would agree with my assertion forwarded in jest .

Now , my black compatriot vehemently did not like race mixing and maintained a well known hostile work relationship with a white woman because she had married a black man .

We both agreed that working with diverse people did not bother us , but race mixing was less than respectful of ones self or people .

And if you think that anyone is going to believe your double standard of pretending that the majority of blacks and browns are not racist , you need to take a long look in the mirror .

Now , most work forces are diverse and whites get along just fine , but whites do not need or want to be forsaken of their integrity and autonomy by having their identity trivialized by being overwhelmed with populations who already represent the vast majority of the global demographic , which seems to be the objective that the political left wing anti-racist racists and goofy wood are bent on achieving .

Last edited:
" Left Wing Anti Racist Racists Political Spin Fails Reason Yet Again "

* Devoid Of Valid Political Policy The Left Wing Invokes Evil Whitey Ploy *
If you think the us whites were sworn supremacist , racists , why is it that black slaves were even allowed to become free men and own property in the first place ?

William Ellison - Wikipedia
William Ellison Jr., born April Ellison (c. April 1790 – December 5, 1861), was a U.S. cotton gin maker and blacksmith in South Carolina, and former black slave who achieved considerable success in business before the American Civil War. He eventually became a major planter and one of the medium property owners, and the wealthiest black property owner in the state. According to the 1860 census (in which his surname was listed as “Ellerson”), he owned 53 black slaves, making him the largest of the 171 black slaveholders in South Carolina. He held 40 slaves at his death and more than 1,000 acres (400 ha) of land. From 1830-1865 he and his sons were the only free blacks in Sumter County, South Carolina to own slaves. The county was largely devoted to cotton plantations, and the majority population was slaves.

The Act of 1820 made it more difficult for slaveholders to make personal manumissions, but Ellison gained freedom for his sons and a quasi-freedom for his surviving daughter. During the American Civil War, Ellison and his sons supported the Confederate States of America and gave the government substantial donations and aid. A grandson fought informally with the regular Confederate Army and survived the war.

Forum List

Back