Black Sea increasingly becomes strategic area

Queen
fdednwvobjo.jpg

The 2 faces
128b.jpg

Ekrem, i understand you love and are proud of your country
but i dont understand how these last few posts are relevant to your OP

The Oil factor in Kosovo

On February 17, Kosovo broke away from Serbia and declared its independence. Not surprisingly it was instantly recognized as a state by the U.S., Germany, Britain and France. With 4203 square miles area, Kosovo may be a tiny territory but in the great game of oil politics it holds great importance which is in inverse proportion to its size.

Kosovo does not have oil but its location is strategic as the trans-Balkan pipeline - known as AMBO pipeline after its builder and operator the US-registered Albanian Macedonian Bulgarian Oil Corporation - will pass through it.

The pipeline will pump Caspian oil from the Bulgarian port of Burgas via Macedonia to the Albanian port of Vlora, for transport to European countries and the United States. Specifically, the 1.1 billion dollar AMBO pipeline will permit oil companies operating in the Caspian Sea to ship their oil to Rotterdam and the East Coast of the USA at substantially less cost than they are experiencing today

The pipeline itself, the agency says, has also been formally supported "since 1994". The first feasibility study, backed by the US, was conducted in 1996.

In November 1998, Bill Richardson, the then US energy secretary, spelt out his policy on the extraction and transport of Caspian oil. "This is about America's energy security," he explained. "It's also about preventing strategic inroads by those who don't share our values. We're trying to move these newly independent countries toward the west.

"We would like to see them reliant on western commercial and political interests rather than going another way. We've made a substantial political investment in the Caspian, and it's very important to us that both the pipeline map and the politics come out right."

I am willing to bet that Bill Clinton had a deal with Albania before the Kosovo war, Kosovo for oil, the payoff, millions of dollars in speaking fees.

Last edited:
In 21st century, it will host NATO's radar systems of the missile shield.

One of the conditions in Lisbon meeting of NATO to place the radars in Turkey was that NATO's Izmir Air-Command will control the missile shield.
It's not decided yet.

The missile shields software key component will be developed in Turkey.

A Turkish partnership between Siemens Turkiye, the German electronic giant's Turkish subsidiary, and local software concern company STM will develop and implement NATO's strategic Air Command and Control Information (AirC2I) System(...)
The AirC2I System, NATO's first network-enabled capability by design, will equip operational users to face new security challenges to NATO. Experts say the system will set a benchmark for future NATO Bi-Strategic Command Automated Information Systems Functional Services, be a key component of NATO's Active Layered Theater Ballistic Missile Defense system's initial operating capability, and provide a possible foundation for missile defense.
Siemens, STM to Develop NATO AirC2I System - Defense News

In Turkish news they say, that Siemens Germany and Siemens Belgium will also be involved.

Maybe an indication, that the missile shield will be controlled from NATO Izmir base?

Last edited:
Ekrem, i understand you love and are proud of your country
but i dont understand how these last few posts are relevant to your OP

Obsession DiveCon...

Forum List

Back