# Black Republicans Win First Congress Seats Since 2003

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Two black Republican victories tonight mark the first time African-Americans will represent the GOP in Congress in seven years.

Retired Lt. Colonel Allen West's win in Florida's 22nd District and South Carolina State Rep. Tim Scott's victory in that state's 1st Congressional District is also the first time two black GOP members will serve in Congress since 1996.

Read more: Black Republicans Win First Congress Seats Since 2003 | Foxnews.com

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Florida is rocking tonight. Rubio... Republican, Hispanic, smart, articulate, great background story.

Potential VP pick in '12? Would work for me.

Florida is rocking tonight. Rubio... Republican, Hispanic, smart, articulate, great background story.

Potential VP pick in '12? Would work for me.
while i agree that Rubio is an up and coming potential
lets let him get some experience before we start touting him as potential VPOTUS material

Cool. I hope they find a presidential candidate soon. 2012 will be here before we know it.

BTW - Mods - I pasted that title. It's supposed to be "2" not "#" if you want to fix it.

Didn't the number of elected females decline?

:eusa_eh:

Check out who is now Governor of New Mexico. :eusa_whistle:
That didn't answer the question.

I'm not overly hung up about the gender or race of anyone. I tend to judge people on the content of their character - a very, very, very smart man advised we do that may years ago.

Governor of New Mexico: Susana Martinez. The first Republican, female, Hispanic Governor in the history of our country. I think that's kind of noteworthy.

Check out who is now Governor of New Mexico. :eusa_whistle:

I'm not overly hung up about the gender or race of anyone. I tend to judge people on the content of their character - a very, very, very smart man advised we do that may years ago.

Governor of New Mexico: Susana Martinez. The first Republican, female, Hispanic Governor in the history of our country. I think that's kind of noteworthy.
:lol: Your two statements contradict each other.

How? :confused:

No, it doesn't. Both are statements of fact. Personally, I vote on the individual... except for this election. This time I voted against the Democrats. Just for the crack of it.

Forum List

Back