Black Republican: Don’t Equate Black Rights And Gay Rights

He's right. By no measure have gays suffered more than blacks have. It took a civil war, three constitutional amendments, and several landmark pieces of legislation and Supreme Court rulings to undo the legal underpinnings of black inequality. Gays have created A Movement around wanting to marry and act like every gay pride parade might as well be the March on Selma.

So....a little legal discrimination is ok then? A majority really has to suffer for a great deal of time before it counts?

So, I guess we can discriminate against Catholics again. After all, they haven't really suffered legal discrimination all that much.....compared to black people.
If they would leave their perverted sex life in the bedroom and not force it down everyones throats they would have no problems.

Speaking of perverted....people like you think about what we do in our bedrooms MORE than we do.

I don't spend as much time (even 10%) thinking about what YOU do in the bedroom.

If you're gay then you made a choice. Me, being heterosexual I've never had the dilemma of choosing one or the other, nature simply took it's course.

And you have a deep and personal certain knowledge of this.......how?

A deep and personal knowledge? No. But there is no other explanation.

LL just because you think so doesnt make it true.

You are merely misinformed on the facts.

This country is too smart to decide things like you do.

No emotionally based silly thoughts will win the day.

Yours included

You know...this whole "It's a choice" arguement is not about them making excuses for denying equal protection under the law....because there's nothing in the law about civil rights being about something inherent vs. choice. All we have to do is look to the 1st amendment and see that there is equal protection under the law based on religion which is a choice.

No....it's about fear. Their fear that they have no control over being gay or straight. That they have no control over their loved ones' being gay or straight. It's not something they can put their hands on and say "this I can change". (Just look at all those fail ex-gay ministries to see that) So, they deny, deny, deny.

Marriage is defined as a civil union between one man and one woman. If you do not fit this definition then you cannot be married. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Fact is you can get married yet you chose a lifestyle that prevents you from having that luxery. You make an unnatural choice and you want society to validate your abominable lifestyle by redefining the word marriage.

You are absolutely right. It is a civil union. And BY LAW, the government must provide equal access to the benefits given by such a civil union. It's called equal protection under the LAW and is in our 14th amendment.

As for YOUR lifestyle. I totally disagree with it, know it's a choice on your part, know it is unnatural....but I am not working in anyway to deny you your right to civilly marry.

You are afforded the same access as everyone else. Can't get more equal than that.

My lifestyle is perfectly normal.

And you know this.....how?

The CDC puts the Gay Population at about 4%

http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/fastfacts-msm-final508comp.pdf

That link not Illustrates the Gay Population among Men, but it also Illustrates the Plague they continue to Suffer with HIV to this day.

The 4% number is the same for Woman...

And that doesn't add up to 8% Bodey. :thup:

:)

peace...

0.98% of Gay Men are HIV.
0.01% of straight Men are HIV.

Both less than 1 in 100. Panic!

Are you kidding me?...

In the US?...

Check the CDC, your data is WAY off.

In some Inner Cities the HIV Rate for Homosexual Men is pushing 50% according to the CDC.

It's 1 in 4 in San Francisco.

If you are lumping the Abject Poverty, Dirty Vaccine Needles and Genital Mutilation of Africa into your stats, then I get it...

But in the First World, Homosexual Men Overwhelm the HIV Stats... to this Day.

It's something like 1 in 10 Homosexual Men and 1 in 3,000 Heterosexuals.

And if you take into Account the number of Women who got HIV from MSM, which the CDC also Qualifies...

GT, don't be Dishonest about the Data... It's Killing people. :thup:

peace...

Last edited:
Marriage is defined as a civil union between one man and one woman. If you do not fit this definition then you cannot be married. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Fact is you can get married yet you chose a lifestyle that prevents you from having that luxery. You make an unnatural choice and you want society to validate your abominable lifestyle by redefining the word marriage.

You are absolutely right. It is a civil union. And BY LAW, the government must provide equal access to the benefits given by such a civil union. It's called equal protection under the LAW and is in our 14th amendment.

As for YOUR lifestyle. I totally disagree with it, know it's a choice on your part, know it is unnatural....but I am not working in anyway to deny you your right to civilly marry.

You are afforded the same access as everyone else. Can't get more equal than that.

obfuscation ^

The CDC puts the Gay Population at about 4%

http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/fastfacts-msm-final508comp.pdf

That link not Illustrates the Gay Population among Men, but it also Illustrates the Plague they continue to Suffer with HIV to this day.

The 4% number is the same for Woman...

And that doesn't add up to 8% Bodey. :thup:

peace...

Are you kidding me?...

In the US?...

Check the CDC, you data is WAY off.

In some Inner Cities the HIV Rate for Homosexual Men is pushing 50% according to the CDC.

If you are lumping the Abject Poverty, Dirty Vaccine Needles and Genital Mutilation of Africa into your stats, then I get it...

And if you take into Account the number of Women who got HIV from MSM, which the CDC also Qualifies...

peace...

Yes, it's 0.989% OF GAY MEN IN THE UNITED STATES, according to YOUR LINK.

You know...this whole "It's a choice" arguement is not about them making excuses for denying equal protection under the law....because there's nothing in the law about civil rights being about something inherent vs. choice. All we have to do is look to the 1st amendment and see that there is equal protection under the law based on religion which is a choice.

No....it's about fear. Their fear that they have no control over being gay or straight. That they have no control over their loved ones' being gay or straight. It's not something they can put their hands on and say "this I can change". (Just look at all those fail ex-gay ministries to see that) So, they deny, deny, deny.

That's weird...my marriage license, issued by the state of California, says something different.

Sorry Lonstar "Logic", you're on the wrong side of history...just like those folks that supported anti-miscegenation laws.

Did you know that Americans were opposed to interracial marriage up until the 1990s? Anti-miscegenation laws were struck down in the 1960s.

Gay marriage on the other hand currently HAS majority support, but is still only legal in a handful of states. Kinda bass ackwards...

If gay marriage has majority support then explain prop 8. A liberal judge overturned the will of the people. That' doesn't say much for your ause.

Are you kidding me?...

In the US?...

peace...

It's simply not...

Quote it.

Seriously, the CDC has done numerous reports on Population Centers that are showing 1 in 4 like San Fran and upwards of 50% in some other Cities amongst Gay Men.

peace...

Normal for whom? I'm sure there's plenty of things in your life that aren't normal in mine. What gives you the right to chose?

Are you kidding me?...

In the US?...

peace...

It's simply not...

Quote it.

Seriously, the CDC has done numerous reports on Population Centers that are showing 1 in 4 like San Fran and upwards of 50% in some other Cities amongst Gay Men.

peace...

"522-989 PER 100, 000 "

^ IT'S RIGHT IN YOUR LINK. And i used the higher number to get my percent.

Civil rights are civil rights regardless of it's based on race, gender, age, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, handicap, etc.

When one is discriminated against, we all are lessened.

But....there were many in the Civil Rights movement who didn't think equality applied to women either. It's just what happens with narrow minded people.

"Civil rights" is a term the left invented so they could conjure up new bogus rights by magic.

Transmission Category Cumulative Estimated # of AIDS Diagnoses, Through 2009*
Adult and Adolescent Males Adult and Adolescent Females Total
Male-to-male sexual contact 529,908 - 529,908
Injection drug use 186,318 87,126 273,444
Male-to-male sexual contact and injection drug use 77,213 - 77,213
Heterosexual contact** 72,183 126,637 198,820
Other*** 12,744 7,032 19,776

* From the beginning of the epidemic through 2009.

** Heterosexual contact with a person known to have, or to be at high risk for, HIV infection.

*** Includes hemophilia, blood transfusion, perinatal exposure, and risk not reported or not identified.

Basic Statistics | Statistics and Surveillance | Topics | CDC HIV/AIDS

---

4% of about 150,000,000 and then look at those MSM and MSM/IV numbers.

peace...

Transmission Category Cumulative Estimated # of AIDS Diagnoses, Through 2009*
Adult and Adolescent Males Adult and Adolescent Females Total
Male-to-male sexual contact 529,908 - 529,908
Injection drug use 186,318 87,126 273,444
Male-to-male sexual contact and injection drug use 77,213 - 77,213
Heterosexual contact** 72,183 126,637 198,820
Other*** 12,744 7,032 19,776

* From the beginning of the epidemic through 2009.

** Heterosexual contact with a person known to have, or to be at high risk for, HIV infection.

*** Includes hemophilia, blood transfusion, perinatal exposure, and risk not reported or not identified.

Basic Statistics | Statistics and Surveillance | Topics | CDC HIV/AIDS

---

4% of about 150,000,000 and then look at those MSM and MSM/IV numbers.

peace...

New diagnoses of HIV are only in 0.989% of Gay males who have sex, in the US, according to your first link.

No, they're asking for gay marriage, not the same thing blacks were fighting for in the civil rights and they haven't even come close to going through what blacks have went through so its not a comparison, a better comparison would be to women rights struggles but not blacks.

Let's put this in the proper perspective......

They're asking to enjoy the rights and freedoms of being an American citizen without being beaten, tortured and murdered and without having laws passed criminializing bedroom behavior between two consenting adults.

How's that?

Lets actually put it in perspective:

Blacks wanted to be recognized as PEOPLE and not OBJECTS.
Gays want to marry.

No they are not the same and they are not seeking the same equal treatment. Blacks had to fight for FAR more than marriage. They had to fight to even be considered a person. Gay have always been recognized as people (unless they are also black). That is a stark difference in the different fights. They are not the same thing.

Let's put in in an undeniable perspective.

Discrimination is discrimination. And for one group to say they have it worse so their cause is more just is just plain rediculous. You're probably ignorant of the friction between the African American and Jewish communities over who was more discrimintated against.

Bottom line? Gays will have equal rights under the law one of these days and their struggles will be as recognized as every other group that was systematically discriminated against.

Normal for whom? I'm sure there's plenty of things in your life that aren't normal in mine. What gives you the right to chose?

Normal for a healthy society.

It's "choose" not "chose".

That's weird...my marriage license, issued by the state of California, says something different.

Sorry Lonstar "Logic", you're on the wrong side of history...just like those folks that supported anti-miscegenation laws.

Did you know that Americans were opposed to interracial marriage up until the 1990s? Anti-miscegenation laws were struck down in the 1960s.

Gay marriage on the other hand currently HAS majority support, but is still only legal in a handful of states. Kinda bass ackwards...

If gay marriage has majority support then explain prop 8. A liberal judge overturned the will of the people. That' doesn't say much for your ause.

Explain Prop H8 compared to Prop 22. And all the outside money and lying tv ads.

Explain the number of states with legal gay marriage today compared to 5 years ago. 10 years ago. 20 years ago.

Open your eyes to the reality that you are on the wrong side of history, chum.

Last edited:
Let's put this in the proper perspective......

They're asking to enjoy the rights and freedoms of being an American citizen without being beaten, tortured and murdered and without having laws passed criminializing bedroom behavior between two consenting adults.

How's that?

Lets actually put it in perspective:

Blacks wanted to be recognized as PEOPLE and not OBJECTS.
Gays want to marry.

No they are not the same and they are not seeking the same equal treatment. Blacks had to fight for FAR more than marriage. They had to fight to even be considered a person. Gay have always been recognized as people (unless they are also black). That is a stark difference in the different fights. They are not the same thing.

Let's put in in an undeniable perspective.

Discrimination is discrimination. And for one group to say they have it worse so their cause is more just is just plain rediculous. You're probably ignorant of the friction between the African American and Jewish communities over who was more discrimintated against.

Bottom line? Gays will have equal rights under the law one of these days and their struggles will be as recognized as every other group that was systematically discriminated against.

This is nothing new. I remember many in the Civil Rights movement looking down their noses at the Women's Liberation movement because we had not "suffered" as they had, therefore, we should shut up about being discriminated against.

Forum List

Back