Black religious leaders invited to Trump meeting say they won't endorse him

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Looks like the entire thing backfired in trump's face, how will he spin this?

CNN)Several black pastors invited to meet with Donald Trump on Monday have denied reports that they had plans to endorse the presidential candidate at the event.

Bishop Clarence McClendon, a Los Angeles-based pastor who like Trump has appeared on reality television, was invited to the meeting but will not attend.

"The meeting was presented not as a meeting to endorse but a meeting to engage in dialogue," he said Friday on Facebook.

Black religious leaders: No Donald Trump endorsement - CNNPolitics.com

I think the approved method is to call them racists.............Find a white preacher to give a prayer at his next stump sppeech asking God to take it from them like O did during his inauguration....... what other explanation is there......

Trump got the concept out, even if he did not get the endorsement.

As long as people do not check back, they will think that 100 black clergy support Trump, giving support to the statement "I got a great relationship with Black people".

If someone challenges this statement, well you seen how he handle such things.

I have to say it, Trump knows how to use his Teflon!! He can blatantly lie and no one can convince his supporters that he lied. Or his supporters will deny it if they do think he lied.

CNN)Several black pastors invited to meet with Donald Trump on Monday have denied reports that they had plans to endorse the presidential candidate at the event.

Bishop Clarence McClendon, a Los Angeles-based pastor who like Trump has appeared on reality television, was invited to the meeting but will not attend.

"The meeting was presented not as a meeting to endorse but a meeting to engage in dialogue," he said Friday on Facebook.

Weren't there 100 black pastors at this event?

CNN found three who said they won't endorse him. Fair enough. It's too early to endorse anyone.

But if indeed there were 100 there, what did the rest of them say?

Just curious.

How will Drumpf spin it?

First he'll lie.
Then he'll posture, bluster and accuse them of lying.
Then he'll sue.

Meanwhile, RWs will post that black religious leaders have endorses him.

Oh wait - they already did!
First, Steve_McGarrett
100 Black Religious Leaders To Endorse Donald Trump Monday | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Then Vigilante
NYT: 100+ Black Pastors Expected to Endorse Donald Trump (BAM!) | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Funny how the post I put up said expected, nothing is ever certain, except Fugly standing on her street corner looking for quarters from the men passing by!

So out of 100 only 1 will endorse him? Trump really has that 1%er thing down.

I hate to say this but if you don't promise free shot to liberals then they don't vote for you.

Word up my homies!

No problem. The blacks are not going to come out en force for Billary because she isn't black.

I find it ironic that many blacks participate in an organization that once fought hard to preserve slavery.

CNN found three who said they won't endorse him. Fair enough. It's too early to endorse anyone.

Just curious.

The event has yet to occur
We know that the organizer is a pastor that endorses Trump
However, no other pastor has came out to endorse Trump

In fact, the event is more like a "meet the candidate" event for the pastors.

Huh blacks not endorsing a Republican wow that's gotta be a first.

They might if blacks get to know the republican.

Trump is demonstrating how a Republican can win minority voters. Go out and talk to them.

I suspect that Cruz and Rubio already met with La Raza, right?

Bishop Corletta Vaughn, Senior Pastor of The Holy Ghost Cathedral and a star of the Oxygen reality series "Preachers of Detroit," said she was invited to the meeting but will not attend nor endorse Trump.

"Trump is an insult and embarrassment. But he represents the country we have become," she said Wednesday on Facebook. "ZERO experience ... Flaunting a ticket of unbridled bigotry, sexism, racism and everything that is wrong with America."

The meeting was described by the campaign in a press release as, "a coalition of 100 African American Evangelical pastors and religious leaders who will endorse the GOP frontrunner after a private meeting at Trump Tower."

Bishop Paul S. Morton tweeted Friday that he refused to meet with Trump, calling the candidate disrespectful.

"I was asked 2 meet with Mr Trump too but I refused because until he learns how to respect people you can't represent me thru my endorsement," the founder of the Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship tweeted.

The announcement has been met with criticism from some black pastors given that it came daysafter a Black Lives Matter activist was physically assaulted at a Trump rally.

In an op-ed in EBONY magazine published Friday, pastors, seminary professors and Christian activists critical of Trump asked the group backing the candidate to consider the impact that endorsing him could have on their congregations.

"By siding with a presidential candidate whose rhetoric pathologizes Black people, what message are you sending to the world about the Black lives in and outside of your congregations? Which Black lives do you claim to be liberating," the leaders wrote.

There are not enough white rightwingers in America to elect any national candidate like trump :boohoo:

Just curious.

The event has yet to occur

Yes, caught that later this morning. So much news, so little time.

The pastors don't reflect a lot of the sentiment of black people on the street. Just like the democratic coverup in Chicago blacks are sick of politicians who say one thing and do another and never are accountable. You have to love how any interaction between repubs and black people is demonized before it even gets started. You are so bad cause you don't reach out and then you are belittled when you do. Did Hilary reach out to evangelicals? Of course not but she is inclusive. Guno hate is not a winning strategy.

Forum List

Back