Black politicians "tokens"?

Zoom thinks a persons skin color matters when it comes to political persuasion.
Not very bright.

I know a couple very very bright black republicans. Steele, Cain and west are not. They are clowns. This thread is about black republican tokens. I pointed them out n this thread. That is why I am pointing out black republicans. Not very bright person, get it?

Now it is a couple, last time it was one.
I can only think of one currently in office actually...who are black, republican and who aren't clowns.

This is the equivalent of the old "Oh no, some of my best friends are..." bit.

Where is the hew and cry about this article? How is referring to black politicians as "tokens" not racist? In a recent OpEd for the NYT, Professor Adolf L. Reed Jr. opined that black republican politicians are nothing more than "tokens", even while he celebrated black politicians like Obama as being benchmarks for how far blacks have come politically. Well, as long as those black politicians toe the line and promote liberal policies.
How is it that the left is silent when even the political progress of black republicans is denigrated? I would think that blacks making inroads in what is commonly viewed as the enemy camp would indeed be cause to celebrate. There is a very obvious answer as to why the left/liberals are mum.

NYT Op-Ed: Black Republicans like Tim Scott are 'tokens' | WashingtonExaminer.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/19/opinion/the-puzzle-of-black-republicans.html?_r=0

Black NFL Quarterbacks were limited or token Quarterbacks in some folks opinion at one time.

Eventually if we can stop the left from driving home this false narrative about Black GOP leaders being tokenism we might be able to move on like the NFL has.

However, if the left continues to call for more blacks in important positions while slandering those on the right I believe this will set back racial progress in this country about 50 years. Nobody will want to trust a black politician enough to vote for them unless they're running as a Democrat.

Perhaps that's the goal anyway.

Gee, ya think? The democrats are so subtle about it.

I didn't say the party was racist, I said you were.
You called black people "token", that's racist and you wear it.
I didn't all black people tokens, I called steele , west,
And Cain tokens. Why would I call all black people tokens? I am black you yahoo.

You seem to believe that just because you are black you cannot be racist? Guess again. Now here's the answer why this man hasn't been called to heel for his blatantly racist comments:

Steele, west and Cain are minstrel clown tokens. I personally know black republicans and they and I agree on a lot if things. Read that back to yourself and tell me what makes me a racist. My black republican friends call them clowns. Especially Cain and they supported Romney. Are they racist as well?

I know a couple very very bright black republicans. Steele, Cain and west are not. They are clowns. This thread is about black republican tokens. I pointed them out n this thread. That is why I am pointing out black republicans. Not very bright person, get it?

Now it is a couple, last time it was one.
I can only think of one currently in office actually...who are black, republican and who aren't clowns.

This is the equivalent of the old "Oh no, some of my best friends are..." bit.

I can think of one in office. I know a couple black republicans. Try to.stay up skippy and if I lose you, I will try to slow.down.

Steele, west and Cain are minstrel clown tokens.

Tell you what, why don't you use your own grown up words to tell us exactly why these men are "minstrel clown tokens"? Be specific please and if possible, use reason in your explanation.

We may find we agree on some things. I do not subscribe entirely to their political points of view, though I would never refer to them as you have.

Anyway, impress us with the specificity and logic of your argument.

I didn't say the party was racist, I said you were.
You called black people "token", that's racist and you wear it.
And Cain tokens. Why would I call all black people tokens? I am black you yahoo.

You pretty much called all black republicans a "clown" when you said this,
Not to mention your "token" statements.
Are you this foolish in real life, or do you just play foolish on the internet?

One in office. I can't think.of another elected black republican in office who are not clowns.

You seem to believe that just because you are black you cannot be racist? Guess again. Now here's the answer why this man hasn't been called to heel for his blatantly racist comments:

Steele, west and Cain are minstrel clown tokens. I personally know black republicans and they and I agree on a lot if things. Read that back to yourself and tell me what makes me a racist. My black republican friends call them clowns. Especially Cain and they supported Romney. Are they racist as well?

You have no idea how racist you sound and how racist they sound.

I think they're bigots if they feel Cain is a minstrel clown. And I also think they're a poor judge of character if they feel West is a minstrel clown.

A minstrel was well known for being somebody who sang and danced in black-face for the enjoyment of whites.

Racist to the max.

Last edited:

Tell you what, why don't you use your own grown up words to tell us exactly why these men are "minstrel clown tokens"? Be specific please and if possible, use reason in your explanation.

We may find we agree on some things. I do not subscribe entirely to their political points of view, though I would never refer to them as you have.

Maybe you can persuade him to be more specific, I've had no luck. He just went from calling them clowns to telling us that he has "black republican friends" who agree that they are "clowns". Nothing more specific than that. But good luck...

The whole point of posting this is to support my contention that blacks do not believe blacks are racists, particularly against other blacks who do not toe the "official" black "party line", or who have opinions and beliefs that are counter to the liberal interpretation of what blacks should stand for. Point made.

Hmm...crickets. :dunno:

Hmm...crickets. :dunno:

At least he didn't call them n***ers.

Where is the hew and cry about this article? How is referring to black politicians as "tokens" not racist? In a recent OpEd for the NYT, Professor Adolf L. Reed Jr. opined that black republican politicians are nothing more than "tokens", even while he celebrated black politicians like Obama as being benchmarks for how far blacks have come politically. Well, as long as those black politicians toe the line and promote liberal policies.
How is it that the left is silent when even the political progress of black republicans is denigrated? I would think that blacks making inroads in what is commonly viewed as the enemy camp would indeed be cause to celebrate. There is a very obvious answer as to why the left/liberals are mum.

NYT Op-Ed: Black Republicans like Tim Scott are 'tokens' | WashingtonExaminer.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/19/opinion/the-puzzle-of-black-republicans.html?_r=0

The left is full of race hustlers who are all about consolidation of power, not about Martin Luther King's dream, and for sure not about advancing minorities.

Forum List

Back