Black politicians "tokens"?

gallantwarrior

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2011
On my own 200 acres of the Frozen North
Where is the hew and cry about this article? How is referring to black politicians as "tokens" not racist? In a recent OpEd for the NYT, Professor Adolf L. Reed Jr. opined that black republican politicians are nothing more than "tokens", even while he celebrated black politicians like Obama as being benchmarks for how far blacks have come politically. Well, as long as those black politicians toe the line and promote liberal policies.
How is it that the left is silent when even the political progress of black republicans is denigrated? I would think that blacks making inroads in what is commonly viewed as the enemy camp would indeed be cause to celebrate. There is a very obvious answer as to why the left/liberals are mum.

NYT Op-Ed: Black Republicans like Tim Scott are 'tokens' | WashingtonExaminer.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/19/opinion/the-puzzle-of-black-republicans.html?_r=0

All politicians are "pond scum" and have no real useful purpose except to be parasites. So, it doesn't make any difference as to the color of their skin.

All politicians are "pond scum" and have no real useful purpose except to be parasites. So, it doesn't make any difference as to the color of their skin.

So you would think. But this writer actually differentiates black republicans vs. black democrats. Even then, he makes it a point to define one of those groups in derogatory terms.

But come on. Michael steele? Alan freaking west? Let's not forget, 9-9-9 guy. They are minstrel shows. You have to admit they are clowns. Name me one black republican you would seriously run for.president. they are all at best, at the level of palin and that is sorry.

That's not the point. Each and every one of those men are as devoted to their beliefs as any of the black dems. Why is their viewpoint less valid? Why are they "tokens" being used by the Republican party and why are the blacks being used by the Democrat party not "tokens". Either they are all "tokens" used by both parties to garner the minority/black vote, or neither are.
The question is, why is the author of this article NOT being castigated by the black population for his denigration of any blacks?
The answer is simple.

But come on. Michael steele? Alan freaking west? Let's not forget, 9-9-9 guy. They are minstrel shows. You have to admit they are clowns. Name me one black republican you would seriously run for.president. they are all at best, at the level of palin and that is sorry.
Dr. Walter E. Williams.

"Google" him and read some of his stuff.

I'll name three.
Alan West (yes).
Tim Scott.
Condoleezza Rice.
All three better than Mr Obama.

but perhaps you'd prefer to stay on the same course with somebody similar to Mr Obama, like Alvin Greene.

That's not the point. Each and every one of those men are as devoted to their beliefs as any of the black dems. Why is their viewpoint less valid? Why are they "tokens" being used by the Republican party and why are the blacks being used by the Democrat party not "tokens". Either they are all "tokens" used by both parties to garner the minority/black vote, or neither are.
The question is, why is the author of this article NOT being castigated by the black population for his denigration of any blacks?
The answer is simple.

It is a valid point . There aren't too many ....I can only think of one currently in office actually...who are black, republican and who aren't clowns. Steele was the poster child for clown black republicans. 9-9-9 is close.

Dr. Walter E. Williams.

Dr. Walter Williams, I love his stuff. He speaks straight, honest truth, regardless of how offensive it is to libs/progressives.

Dr. Walter E. Williams.

Yep, him also

The answer is simple.

It is a valid point . There aren't too many ....I can only think of one currently in office actually...who are black, republican and who aren't clowns. Steele was the poster child for clown black republicans. 9-9-9 is close.

You would, of course, argue that black dems are not "tokens" and clowns in their own right? The dems never put their black "tokens" out front just to "prove" how pro-black their party is.

I'll name three.
Alan West (yes).
Tim Scott.
Condoleezza Rice.

but perhaps you'd prefer to stay on the same course with somebody similar to Mr Obama, like Alvin Greene.
you lost me at Allen west. Everything you say from now on about black republicans is wrong. Sorry. Thanks for.playing. (well, Tim west is not a clown)

Allen fucking west? I feel sorry for you and your party if that is your choice of a black republican who is not a clown.

The answer is simple.

You would, of course, argue that black dems are not "tokens" and clowns in their own right? The dems never put their black "tokens" out front just to "prove" how pro-black their party is.
Name me a democratic steele or. Black dem. 9-9-9.

Dr. Walter E. Williams.

Yep, him also

So, he is in the running to be president? Good. I don't see that party nominating him. They are all a bout black clowns. 9-9-9.

I'll name three.
Alan West (yes).
Tim Scott.
Condoleezza Rice.

you lost me at Allen west. Everything you say from now on about black republicans is wrong. Sorry. Thanks for.playing. (well, Tim west is not a clown)

Allen fucking west? I feel sorry for you and your party if that is your choice of a black republican who is not a clown.

It's not "my party", fool.
I'm independent and sick of the liberal republicans.
If you think Condi Rice is a clown, you are an idiot.

YOU have to admit you are a partisan, racist hypocrite.

Dr. Walter E. Williams.

Dr. Walter Williams, I love his stuff. He speaks straight, honest truth, regardless of how offensive it is to libs/progressives.

They will NEVER nominate him as president for he republican party. The right only nominated black clowns....or tokens as we call them. Steele wearing his hat to the side or 9-9-9. Clowns. Minstrels. Tokens.

Dr. Walter E. Williams.

They will NEVER nominate him as president for he republican party. The right only nominated black clowns....or tokens as we call them. Steele wearing his hat to the side or 9-9-9. Clowns. Minstrels. Tokens.

yep, yer racist.

Steele isn't a clown? 9-9-9 isn't a clown? Allan west is not a clown?

Steele isn't a clown? 9-9-9 isn't a clown? Allan west is not a clown?

NO. YOU are a clown, and a fucking racist one at that.

Forum List

Back