Black Panthers: "Give It Up for OBL!"

sw_black_lg.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

There seems to be some talk that the black gentleman wielding the baton, and his partner, were dispatched to the polling station to not only intimidate voters, but to prevent reporters from asking voters if they may have been registered by ACORN fraudulently. The entire thing stinks.

I think it is quite revealing that the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights even smells a rat.

Critics call Shabazz's protestations a stage act to recruit disenfranchised blacks and Muslims.

Unfortunately, this time of national crisis is a boom season for fringe groups, said Rob Sobhani, a Muslim studies expert and professor at Georgetown University.

"This is the best time for radicals to recruit because people who are disenfranchised for one reason or another are perfect prey. This is recruitment by the Black Panthers and the Nation of Islam," Sobhani said.

Shabazz represents a "very narrow slice" of "people who want to bring Islam into political life and speak for Muslims nationally," said Charles Fairbanks, director of Central Asia-Caucasus Institute at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies.

Too often, that slice is riddled with extremists like Shabazz and moderates who may disagree but fear retaliation if they are too vocal, Fairbanks said.

"Muslim leaders need to get on the bandwagon; they need to condemn this forcefully and they are not," Sobhani said.

Those dissenting voices, however, may not be heard over the rant of Shabazz and his clerics. This week, in a four-hour sermon, they upbraided American Muslim groups that ally themselves with President Bush's war on terror. They also declared that those groups are destined for destruction because they believe that America is a democracy.

But the New Black Panther Party isn't recognizable to old-timers who were there for the first go-around. David Horowitz, a liberal-turned-conservative author who worked alongside the Black Panthers in the '60's, called Shabazz "a real evil guy � he reminds me of a programmed cultist."

"They hate America. They are racist and extremely dangerous," Horowitz said.

FOXNews.com - Radical Black Panther Chief Blames American Leaders for Terror Attacks - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Gee - I wonder if Janet Napolitano included the Panthers in the DHS reports on extremism in the U.S. - along with the vets and anti-illegal-immigration folks. Hmmm. Should I waste my time?

Panthers are civil rights hero's.
Really? There's a civil right to kill cracker babies?

Not saying too, but faux outrage over some boney ass brother spewing anger is priceless.
I love how republiklans get more outraged at statements than actions. Guess slavery and lynchings didn't bother you much.

you have got to be the goddamnest dumbest DUmmie on this board. Were any of us alive during slavery and lynchings you stupid pig? Jayzya fucking christ.

Forum List

Back