Black NY Democrat: Who Wants Mississippi?

Racism, regardless, is never justified.

Depends on what you mean. If you mean, "shooting a black person just because they're black," I agree that's bad. But what about declining to forcibly integrate schools because the action stands no hope of improving black scores, and will only serve to make good schools into chaotic messes?

Depends on what you mean. If you mean, "shooting a black person just because they're black," I agree that's bad. But what about declining to forcibly integrate schools because the action stands no hope of improving black scores, and will only serve to make good schools into chaotic messes?

Forced desegregation made no one happy but the elitists who more than likely sent their kids to private schools anyway.

Why would someone be happy that the schools fail and they must spend thousands more to insure their kid gets a good education? Elitist?? I think not.

I think his point was they didnt care whether the schools failed or not because they were rich and going to send their kids to private school anyway.

Why would someone be happy that the schools fail and they must spend thousands more to insure their kid gets a good education? Elitist?? I think not.

I am referring to elitist legislators and do-gooders who supported them that don't have to suffer the consequences of their actions.

I don't have a problem with integration, and I am not a separatist, nor am I racist. But forced desegregation was stupid, and a failure. All it did IMO was breed resentment on both sides.

And I rode one of those buses in more than one place, so I have a bit of firsthand experience.

I think his point was they didnt care whether the schools failed or not because they were rich and going to send their kids to private school anyway.

Sort of. I think they wanted desegregation to succeed. I think they were just blinded by idealistic BS and a lack of understanding the sector of society that suffered the most. And I'd damned sure bet any Congressman who's kid was heading to a ghetto school would put his child in a private school before allowing that to happen. Wouldn't you? Unfortunately, Joe Average doesn't have the income of a Congressman combined with the perks that go with the job.

Forum List

Back