"Black" Names

This thread needs to be renamed:

Black racists run wild!
This thread was not started by blacks. But in standard white racist fashion you ignore and ok white racism and make a delusional comment.

Black racists run wild!
This thread was not started by blacks. But in standard white racist fashion you ignore and ok white racism and make a delusional comment.
Don't matter who started it, all you blacks here are racists.

Last edited:
1586866065275.png

Rachel

Black racists run wild!
I was hoping during a crisis like this all people would be if not brothers at least more tolerant of each other. That is doable.
And not capitalize on ones advantage? That’s crazy talk. The politics of this nation have shifted dramatically over the past couple decades. Political opponents aren’t looking for ways to come together. They’re looking for ways to eliminate the opposition...

Black racists run wild!
I was hoping during a crisis like this all people would be if not brothers at least more tolerant of each other. That is doable.
And not capitalize on ones advantage? That’s crazy talk. The politics of this nation have shifted dramatically over the past couple decades. Political opponents aren’t looking for ways to come together. They’re looking for ways to eliminate the opposition...
If it means the population is used for fodder is it still worth it? Or does it cement the powers of the ruling class?

I have written in this space previously that much of Black "inequality" can be reasonably attributed to voluntary behaviors by individual Blacks - mainly bastardy, school drop-out tendency, and petty criminality - and I have recently come upon another one, also a total mystery to me.

It is "common knowledge" in the Black community that having a "Black" name can often lead to, for example, employment applications being discarded, and other similar forms of discrimination. Indeed, I have read some first-person accounts of white people having Black-sounding names (e.g., "Jamal") and experiencing such discrimination "unfairly"(?).

And yet, the trend toward bizarre Christian names among Blacks seems to be increasing as time goes by.

Malik. LaShonda. Trayvon. LaToya. Names with mis-placed capital letters, and apostrophes. I pity the inner-city Kindergarten teacher who must address these children in school for the first time, trying to figure out how to pronounce some of these bizarre names, and to do so without laughing. I have occasionally thought that mothers invent them in the hope that one day the child will be a mega-super-star of one form or another who can be known simply by that first name. Shaquille. OJ. Michael. Et cetera. (Oops. Has anybody used that one?)

But seriously, is this not an utterly stupid thing to do? Why would you - even potentially - saddle your kid with a name that will label him/her as Black, sight unseen, for the rest of his or her life, knowing that it is likely that the name will result in negative discrimination in at least some circumstances? You might as well put a tattoo on your child's forehead saying, "My Mother is an Idiot."

Were I a Black parent, I would go to the other extreme, naming my kid with the most Wasp-ish name I could imagine ("Chatsworth Osborne Smith"), in the hope that it might open a door somewhere in the future. If you want to CALL your kid something more creative, knock yourself out. But to put "D'boneHead" on a Birth Certificate is almost criminally stupid.

"Christian" names?

I have no problem with Malik or Trayvon. But when a set of parents deliberately names their son "Plaxico" I do have to question what the fuck they were thinking.
Referring to Plaxico “hands up or I’ll shoot myself in the leg” Burress?

Imagine how many times Ndamukong Suh has had to tell folks how to pronounce and spell his name? Way to go, Ma.

Black racists run wild!
If it means the population is used for fodder is it still worth it? Or does it cement the powers of the ruling class?
That remains to be seen...

Urban blacks are not credited with much education
But they do come up with original names

The best that highly educated whites can come up with are John, James, Theresa, Mary
I often wished I had a more unique name. I worked on one project years ago and on a team of 30 engineers 6 of us were named 'Mike'.
Just start pronouncing it like "mee-kay."

Personally speaking as one who was given a stupid first name, I would never slap some stupid or weird name on a kid.

As soon as I was emancipated at 17 I legally changed the stupid name my mother stuck me with and started going by my middle name

Personally speaking as one who was given a stupid first name, I would never slap some stupid or weird name on a kid.

As soon as I was emancipated at 17 I legally changed the stupid name my mother stuck me with and started going by my middle name
How bad could it have been?

I got a run-of-the-mill, white-bread name that was popular around the time that I was born, and gives me a short nick-name that I always thought made me sound like a boy and makes me cringe.

Moreover, names can come from different cultures, depending on the ethnic background of the parents. We've all been watching Dr. Sanjay Gupta, for example. President Obama was named for his father.

That said, I always thought that "Oral" as in Oral Roberts was hilarious. I've wondered whether he had a twin.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I've run across a few odd black names here and there and sometimes I can't help but wonder where the fuck they come up with these names. I remember one in particular; a black woman named Kashasta. I shit you not.

On the other hand I can't help but get disgusted with the way white people give their kids fad names. I hate that shit.

Girls get cutesie wootsie names like Brianna or anything with "lynn" tacked on the end of it: Katelynn, Ashlynn, Roselynn, Adalynn, et al. Boys get fad names that are supposed to evoke images of virile, strong and silent cowboy types like Clint Eastwood's Man With No Name: Clint (of course), Cody, Hunter, Tyler, Sage, Dylan, et al.

Every time I come across someone with a name like that I want to slap the parents.

Black racists run wild!
Don't talk to me about brotherhood when you don't say that to the whites here and often you post up the same racism.

I've run across a few odd black names here and there and sometimes I can't help but wonder where the fuck they come up with these names. I remember one in particular; a black woman named Kashasta. I shit you not.

On the other hand I can't help but get disgusted with the way white people give their kids fad names. I hate that shit.

Girls get cutesie wootsie names like Brianna or anything with "lynn" tacked on the end of it: Katelynn, Ashlynn, Roselynn, Adalynn, et al. Boys get fad names that are supposed to evoke images of virile, strong and silent cowboy types like Clint Eastwood's Man With No Name: Clint (of course), Cody, Hunter, Tyler, Sage, Dylan, et al.

Every time I come across someone with a name like that I want to slap the parents.

I cringe a bit unless I think that the person's name comes from another culture or language. I wish that people would refrain from using fruit, vegetables, cheeses, as well as "virtues." If you can call a kid "Apple," you can call him or her "Avocado." If you can call a kid "Brie," how about Camembert, Velveeta, Parmesan? If you can call a kid "Chastity" (what was Cher thinking???), "Hope," etc., How about the seven deadly sins?

Forum List

Back