Black Monday?

Discussion in 'Stock Market' started by iamwhatiseem, Nov 21, 2011.

1. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,098
    Watching the IMF Chief last night on 60 minutes was a little eye-opening, in a sense that the IMF is either always painting a picture of the world collapsing or everything is fine.
    People tend not to put much weight into the IMF...but this one seems different. She is known for "saying too much" and being "too honest".
    If she was being "too honest" last night...her opinion on whether Europe will go into a severe recession is one of almost certainty. And America.

Today's markets are setup for a fall as maybe - just maybe this weekends news from Europe will finally affect the American market with some sense of reality.
    I also agree with her assessment that this is NOT different from 2008 - that this is still 2008.
    In other words 2011/2012 round II is not "another" collapse, but the result of nothing changing to fix problems that occurred in 2008.
    I also agree that we could be in for a decade long recession since governments throughout the world are failing the people to do what needs done.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Racists!

3. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    Ah

Point of contention;

It's Black Friday and then "Cyber" Monday.

I haven't heard any mention if Black Cybers are going to protest on Analog Tuesday or be out there with "Last Chance Dads Day" [Dec 22nd].

aside from that, if Italy goes, we are all fucked. Seriously Fucked and obama will get re-elected b/c people don't like change when really bad things are occurring.

4. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,098
    There are some who actually believe it.
    But then there are others who are even more ridiculous...that this is the republicans fault or the democrats fault.

5. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,098
    um...I was meaning "black ___day"...like Black Tuesday...or whatever day it happens to be when the markets head into a correction.

6. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    Suuuuure you were.

:lol:

7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Exactly.

8. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,098
    BTW - of course Italy will go.
    I am just waiting for this Administration or the FED try to squeal some way into giving the IMF a couple hundred $billion for Italy and say the usual "if we don't do this the world will end".
    If Obama or the Fed give Italy a massive injection while our country is in this much of a mess???
    I don't see anyway possible he could win a re-election. Even democrats will cry foul if the American taxpayers are once again the fall guy.
    An excellent point made last night..."why is it when the global banks get into trouble taxpayers come to their rescue, but when global banks are doing well (as in 2009) they do not return the favor?"
    'is it fair that in 2009 banks gave record bonuses and salaries immediately following the bail outs?"
    "when will it come that people have had enough?"

9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I think a decade long recession is probably.

We're already a couple yers into it.

My concern is that between the GOP demanding spending cuts and the DNC demanding tax increases, it will become a world wide depression of who knows how long?

Why?

Well because those to whom money is owed, expect to be paid.

But those who owe that money? Have no means to pay it back.

Like I said already, this situation is sort of the end game of capitalism.

Capital (or at least the promise of capital -- i.e., debt) aggregation at the top, that's so huge that it throws the supply-demand balance completely out of kilter.

There currently appears to be no capitalistic mechanism in place to get the debts down, and the cash into the hands of those who would produce with it.

The solution could be debt forgiveness, but one can understand why those holding those debt instruments might object to that solution, right?

Or the alternate solution is extreme austerity that will turn the world into great big feudal societies.

But I doubt those would last long, either.

NOt in this age, and most certainly not in an age where the right techology in the wrong hands can kill us all.

10. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,098
    Population is more than the number of jobs available - period.
    Technology has reduced the number of people to do the same production by a LARGE margin...however population has continued to rise.
    The world, and especially America, overcame this disparity by treating debt as income. For the first time Americans were greatly spending more than what they made, this artificially made the population/job ratio seem not to matter.
    Now that we can't borrow money on top of borrowed money...the true picture is emerging.
    To truly fix the problem...we have to find a way to deal with overpopulation.
    In alomost every Science-Fiction movie/book written in the last 50 years...forced population control was enforced by law. It is a matter of time before this happens.