Black Mob Attacks White Family

Tech_Esq

Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Jul 10, 2008
Northern Virginia
Akron Beacon Report

Akron police say they aren't ready to call it a hate crime or a gang initiation.

Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.

The Marshalls, who are white, say the crowd of teens who attacked them and two friends June 27 on Girard Street numbered close to 50. The teens were all black.

So, if the situation were reversed and 50 whites attacked a black family yelling, "This is a White World. This Our World," exactly how many seconds would it take the police to decide it was a hate crime?

This is EXACTLY why there shouldn't be hate crime laws, they will never be enforced equally. Jillian, if you're out there, this is precisely what I was talking about in the hate crime thread.

Crimes against another human is hate in the purist form and it should all be dealt with equally.

So, if the situation were reversed and 50 whites attacked a black family yelling, "This is a White World. This Our World," exactly how many seconds would it take the police to decide it was a hate crime?

This is EXACTLY why there shouldn't be hate crime laws, they will never be enforced equally. Jillian, if you're out there, this is precisely what I was talking about in the hate crime thread.

Hi, TE... I see what you're saying. But honestly? I think this is EXACTLY why there should be hate crime laws.

And I think these teens should already be charged under those laws. And if they're found guilty, I'd hope their hatred gets them as much time as I'd want to see a group of white attackers get if it were reversed.

Hi, TE... I see what you're saying. But honestly? I think this is EXACTLY why there should be hate crime laws.

And I think these teens should already be charged under those laws. And if they're found guilty, I'd hope their hatred gets them as much time as I'd want to see a group of white attackers get if it were reversed.

I understand. But my problem is with the practical not the normative. I might agree that people that commit violent crime against other people because they are trying to foment division between factions of this country should be punished to a greater extent, but look at the practical side. Here you have prosecutor in Akron, OH with a large African-American community. Do you really think he has the stones to place the Hate Crime card on a group of Black teens?

If he does that and he's a Democrat, he can kiss his career in the prosecutor's office goodbye and any political aspirations he might have as well. The blacks in the state party with ensure he gets no further support.

If he's a republican, well that's not very likely is it....:lol:

So, if it isn't tried as a hate crime, what message does that send to the victims and others who are similarly situated? Doesn't it send the same message to them as it has to blacks for years? This is an unfair system and when something like this happens, you can be sure that you'll get shit on.

The justice system relies on people believing there is equal justice under the law. It is bad enough that one group feels they can't depend on the system, to exacerbate that by creating a larger group seems unwise.

Hate crime laws are a tool, but if the tool can't be used fairly, we shouldn't have it at all.

Attack June 27. Today July 9. Wonder how long it's gonna take them to decide?

I understand. But my problem is with the practical not the normative. I might agree that people that commit violent crime against other people because they are trying to foment division between factions of this country should be punished to a greater extent, but look at the practical side. Here you have prosecutor in Akron, OH with a large African-American community. Do you really think he has the stones to place the Hate Crime card on a group of Black teens?

If he has a strong black community, I think they'd understand that they don't want to be sullied by association with scum like this. I would suspect they would WANT them marginalized and punished, same as I did when Yusuf Hawkins was murdered for simply being in Bay Ridge.

If he does that and he's a Democrat, he can kiss his career in the prosecutor's office goodbye and any political aspirations he might have as well. The blacks in the state party with ensure he gets no further support.

I hope you're wrong.

So, if it isn't tried as a hate crime, what message does that send to the victims and others who are similarly situated? Doesn't it send the same message to them as it has to blacks for years? This is an unfair system and when something like this happens, you can be sure that you'll get shit on.

The justice system relies on people believing there is equal justice under the law. It is bad enough that one group feels they can't depend on the system, to exacerbate that by creating a larger group seems unwise.

Hate crime laws are a tool, but if the tool can't be used fairly, we shouldn't have it at all.

if it's tried as a hate crime, it tells the victim that society rejects hatred based on what a person is born.

And I think the tool CAN and should be used fairly.

Or such attacks -- from any direction -- and the resulting tangles of politics and prosecution could be dealt with by simply allowing different racial groups to go their own ways.

Right, right... it's crazy, it'll never work, blah blah blah. But would it really? Isn't it really this "togetherteid," as Fred Reed calls it, more absurd and difficult-to-administer? Shouldn't some form of racial separation be on the table? Who benefits from the forced togetherness, anyway? After centuries of this thing NOT FUCKNG WORKING, what's it going to take for us all to consider a new path? They say insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. That's pretty much our approach to race relations in America. Isn't it time to at least THINK about new approaches, ones that would work to the betterment of ALL groups?

Last edited:

If he has a strong black community, I think they'd understand that they don't want to be sullied by association with scum like this. I would suspect they would WANT them marginalized and punished, same as I did when Yusuf Hawkins was murdered for simply being in Bay Ridge.

I hope you're wrong.

if it's tried as a hate crime, it tells the victim that society rejects hatred based on what a person is born.

And I think the tool CAN and should be used fairly.

I agree about the strong black community part, if he has one, they'll probably be on the right side. Having said that, this 50 person gang didn't come from nowhere. This is an indicator of serious problems in the community.

Well, I will watch this prosecutor's actions because if he charges these kids with hate crimes he's got cast iron balls the size of the state. But, as you say, if we are to have hate crime laws, they should, indeed MUST, be used fairly.

Or such attacks -- from any direction -- and the resulting tangles of politics and prosecution could be dealt with by simply allowing different racial groups to go their own ways.

Right, right... it's crazy, it'll never work, blah blah blah. But would it really? Isn't it really this "togetherteid," as Fred Reed calls it, more absurd and difficult-to-administer? Shouldn't some form of racial separation be on the table? Who benefits from the forced togetherness, anyway? After centuries of this thing NOT FUCKNG WORKING, what's it going to take for us all to consider a new path? They say insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. That's pretty much our approach to race relations in America. Isn't it time to at least THINK about new approaches, ones that would work to the betterment of ALL groups?

Wasn't that what Malcolm X wanted too?

Simply put, this is a hate crime, and they should be charged as such.

It doesn't matter if they were white, black, green, or orange.

I agree with you Tech when you say this is an indicator of serious problems in the community but would go further in saying it's an indicator of serious problems in the United States.

The single boiling point in Race relations at the moment is Barack Obama. If he were to be shot, and killed by a white guy in the "Birthers" movement then expect what happened when MLK Jr. died by one hundred fold.

They won't be though. Tech is right. And that's what makes democwats hypocrites of the largest order!

A crime is a crime, I see no reason for "hate crimes." While we may look at the motivation for a crime to help us understand why it occurred I think it sets a dangerous precedent to punish the motivation along with the actual crime.

Incidentally, Akron is only about 10 - 15 minutes north of where I live.

I agree about the strong black community part, if he has one, they'll probably be on the right side. Having said that, this 50 person gang didn't come from nowhere. This is an indicator of serious problems in the community.

Well, I will watch this prosecutor's actions because if he charges these kids with hate crimes he's got cast iron balls the size of the state. But, as you say, if we are to have hate crime laws, they should, indeed MUST, be used fairly.

There are, unfortunately, gangs in almost every community in the U.S. That particular situation is separate and apart from the racial issue in this case.

So, let's sit back and see what the prosecutor does. I'm rooting for him.

Akron Beacon Report

Akron police say they aren't ready to call it a hate crime or a gang initiation.

Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.

The Marshalls, who are white, say the crowd of teens who attacked them and two friends June 27 on Girard Street numbered close to 50. The teens were all black.

I hate racist people like the ones who attacked the family in this story you are quoting.

Anyone have a link to a full write up on the story?

I dont consider this "Reverse" racism either, this is just straight black on white racism from the exerpt i just read here.

A crime is a crime, I see no reason for "hate crimes." While we may look at the motivation for a crime to help us understand why it occurred I think it sets a dangerous precedent to punish the motivation along with the actual crime.

I'm pretty sure they are "punishing the motivation" every time they give someone a murder charge instead of accidental manslaughter.

Of course motivation is a factor in deciding what the person should be charged with.

Right, right... it's crazy, it'll never work, blah blah blah. But would it really? Isn't it really this "togetherteid," as Fred Reed calls it, more absurd and difficult-to-administer? Shouldn't some form of racial separation be on the table? Who benefits from the forced togetherness, anyway?

When your plan comes to fruition, one of my employees who has mixed race children will be devastated when the state takes away her kids and sends them down to Alabama.

I'm pretty sure they are "punishing the motivation" every time they give someone a murder charge instead of accidental manslaughter.

Of course motivation is a factor in deciding what the person should be charged with.

You make a good point.

However, I think there's a difference between your example and hate crime laws. In your example we find a distinction between whether the suspect intended to kill a person or whether there was some kind of accident that resulted in a death. In a hate crime someone gets a harsher punishment because of who and why they attacked a person. If a white person attacks a white person they get less of a punishment than a white person that attacks a black person for racial reasons, or vise versa. It's a form of thought crime and racism.

Right, right... it's crazy, it'll never work, blah blah blah. But would it really? Isn't it really this "togetherteid," as Fred Reed calls it, more absurd and difficult-to-administer? Shouldn't some form of racial separation be on the table? Who benefits from the forced togetherness, anyway?

When your plan comes to fruition, one of my employees who has mixed race children will be devastated when the state takes away her kids and sends them down to Alabama.

In other posts, I propose the idea of mixed-race areas where the inhabitants can be of any race. She, her other-race partner, and the little mongrels could all live together in multiracial peace.

Assuming, of course, that multiracial societies turn out to be more peaceful than homogenous ones...

And obviously, "hate crimes" will not be necessary in such places, because how could you have hate in a voluntarily multiracial area?

Hee hee!

Forum List

Back