Black men survive longer in prison than out

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
Black men are half as likely to die at any given time if they're in prison than if they aren't, suggests a new study of North Carolina inmates.

The black prisoners seemed to be especially protected against alcohol- and drug-related deaths, as well as lethal accidents and certain chronic diseases.

But that pattern didn't hold for white men, who on the whole were slightly more likely to die in prison than outside

Black men survive longer in prison than out: study | Reuters

• Banned
You should have posted it

Last edited:
In prison, some health care is provided, on the streets none.
On the streets the enemy has guns, in prison it is up and personal, shiv's.

Don't understand the white man thing though unless it is suicide induced.

As long as you are not murdered in prison, wouldn't anyone survive longer in prison than in the real world? think about it free medical care, free food, you don't drive anywhere so no fear of dying in a car crash. Shit as long as no one tries to kill you, you could live for a very long time in the joint.

• Banned
White people don't live longer in prison.

Come on, free food, dominos, basketball, dice, weight lifting, cable tv, all their friends are there and all the booty they want.

It's a black mans paradise

Come on, free food, dominos, basketball, dice, weight lifting, cable tv, all their friends are there and all the booty they want.

LOL but no women? no thanks I'll pass.
Wrong, thats their favorite part, they get their conjugal visit and then they got an excuse to get the bitch to leave

LOL but no women? no thanks I'll pass.
Wrong, thats their favorite part, they get their conjugal visit and then they got an excuse to get the bitch to leave

You have to be married to get conjugals right? plus I thought most prisons don't even allow those anymore? my stupid ass brother did a year and a half in Wasco and I don't think his stupid bitch wife went to see him there.

Forum List

Back