Black Man killed...for no reason?

casper4020322

Dec 20, 2009
It was reported in my city of Louisville, KY that a man was throwing things up against the door of a woman (they were both black) and it frightented her so she called the police. When the police arrived the man had a hammer in his hand. The police tried to use pepper spray but the unit would not work so they tried to taser him twice and that did not work. They repeatedly told the black man to throw down the hammer and he came at them and they shot him 4 times, killing him. Now the Black Justice League is arguiing that the police did not have to kill him and could have used other force to do so. I am Black and do not feel that the police had any other choice...what do these ppl expect policeman to do when confronted with a person who can endanger THEIR LIVES? It makes me mad that everytime a Black person is killed by police the JUSTICE LEAGUE is condemning them instead of realizing that one day THEY MAY NEED THEM TOO!!

Last edited:
It was reported in my city of Louisville, KY that a man was throwing things up against the door of a woman (they were both black) and it frightented her so she called the police. When the police arrived the man had a hammer in his hand. The police tried to use pepper spray but the unit would not work so they tried to taser him twice and that did not work. They repeatedly told the black man to throw down the hammer and he came at them and they shot him 4 times, killing him. Now the Black Justice League is arguiing that the police did not have to kill him and could have used other force to do so. I am Black and do not feel that the police had any other choice...what do these ppl expect policeman to do when confronted with a person who can endanger THEIR LIVES? It makes me mad that everytime a Black person is killed by police the JUSTICE LEAGUE is condemning them instead of realizing that one day THEY MAY NEED THEM TOO!!

Honestly Casper, and I have great respect for you. He had it coming, they tried every avenure, and it was for naught. It's a horrible thing on both parties for it to happen, but there was no other way.

Cops have very difficult jobs these days. Some people just won't comply with them, and they at times must use deadly force. They are NEVER trained to shoot to wound, because it can't be backed legally. It's only shoot to kill. If they shoot, it MUST be lethal force, b/c if they try to shoot to wound, and miss or hit something that becomes lethal, then they killed someone in a non-lethal situation. And anything, even a 3 inch pocket knife, is a deadly weapon in the wrong hands.

I fear the day when police dispatchers must gather the race and ethnicity of a suspect, and only dispatch officers who also match that race and ethnicity if only to avoid the coming lawsuits from cries of racism.

And this applies to all, as we are starting to see some white gov't employees looking to the New Haven Fire Dept case where the white firemen were discriminated against and won, and now some dumb whites are looking for ways to bring a B.S. lawsuit on their employer for the same thing, even if no evidence exists. The race card is getting ridiculous.

There's got to be more to this story. It must have been one hell size of a hammer. Maybe it was an axe? Perhaps it was Thor? Oh no sorry, wrong racial type. Now, a man comes at the cops with a hammer. A hammer. Not an axe? Not a fucking big katana? A hammer? A fucking hammer???????????????????

As I said, there has to be more to this. I want there to be more to it than a man coming at the cops with a hammer. Please, let it be so. Maybe the hammer had a big sharp edge on it? Did it have poison darts coming out of the hammer?

I need to know more.

There's got to be more to this story. It must have been one hell size of a hammer. Maybe it was an axe? Perhaps it was Thor? Oh no sorry, wrong racial type. Now, a man comes at the cops with a hammer. A hammer. Not an axe? Not a fucking big katana? A hammer? A fucking hammer???????????????????

As I said, there has to be more to this. I want there to be more to it than a man coming at the cops with a hammer. Please, let it be so. Maybe the hammer had a big sharp edge on it? Did it have poison darts coming out of the hammer?

I need to know more.

You think maybe that a normal carpenters hammer is not a deadly weapon? I don't give a shit what color a man is if he's coming at me with a hammer he's going down hard.

I live in a city where black and black crime is very high - and it is heartbreaking to see the abuse the police take. Casper nails the issue quite well.

I always wondered why cops can't just run away. Retreat back maybe 20 yards and reassess the situation. Another warning maybe, then if they still feel threatened, do what they must.

I need to know more.

You think maybe that a normal carpenters hammer is not a deadly weapon? I don't give a shit what color a man is if he's coming at me with a hammer he's going down hard.

Bull fucking shit. Going down hard. Unlawful killing.

I always wondered why cops can't just run away. Retreat back maybe 20 yards and reassess the situation. Another warning maybe, then if they still feel threatened, do what they must.

Bingo! That's what should have happened. As i said, there must be more to this.

How far are you going to run from someone coming at you with a hammer? You think he will stop? Once he moves toward those officers they are well within their rights and the law to fire on him. Use of deadly force is not an easy thing to do but thankfully these officers did not hesitate when they had to.

I need to know more.

It's a hammer, it could have broken open your skull...that is if it isn't too late already. <sarcasm intended>

I was under the impression that tazers where designed for this type situation.

It's easy to "Monday morning quarterback" an event like this. I am sure the cops did what they felt necessary to protect everybody, including themselves, from the man with the hammer. I wonder though if maybe they couldn't have gotten some backup there quickly that may have had some pepper spray or a taser that worked? Just wondering...

Bingo! That's what should have happened. As i said, there must be more to this.

BINGO???

Yeah. Sure. This is what we want and what we NEED!

We want cops who run away!

And if they DID retreat to regroup and reconsider, how many times are they obligated to keep retreating? Why stop at that first one?

"Why didn't you retreat some MORE, officer, before resorting to the use of a GUN against a poor man with nothing but a hammer?"

Cops can be heroes or villains. They can be good solid honest public servants or they can be slimey and dishonest self-servers.

But how the hell is a society expected to operate when we second guess every cop who is confronted with a situation like this?

I am sorry they had to shoot. I bet you anything they aren't very happy about it, either. But are we better off if THEY had been struck, injured and maybe killed by that weapon-bearing man who wasn't complying with obviously lawful orders? Or (however sad the loss of his life may be), are we better off, now?

What part of "Put the hammer down" didn't he understand?

Most likely the entire sentence. I'm not making excuses for the perp nor am I doubting the decision of the cops. Too bad there's not a link to the story.

Maybe they were backing up while trying the pepper spray/tazer combo. The guy was obviously whacked out on something or just plain mental. Unfortunate outcome to say the least.

fucking excuse me you bunch of rightous assholes....i live near a town that houses the nc school for the deaf.....about 1 of 4 people are deaf....they would not understand someone yelling "put down that hammer" but hey it seems to be open season on anyone not following the exact letter of the law.....

insulin shock....drug reaction....i could go on and on about medical conditions that result in odd behavior but hey just gun them fucking down...

I need to know more.

Bull fucking shit. Going down hard. Unlawful killing.

Not here in the States, mate.

fucking excuse me you bunch of rightous assholes....i live near a town that houses the nc school for the deaf.....about 1 of 4 people are deaf....they would not understand someone yelling "put down that hammer" but hey it seems to be open season on anyone not following the exact letter of the law.....

insulin shock....drug reaction....i could go on and on about medical conditions that result in odd behavior but hey just gun them fucking down...

Bones brings up a good point!

What if they later found out this perp was deaf as a stone? Then what?

OK to kill someone who can't hear your instructions--through absolutely NO FUCKING FAULT OF HIS OWN? I don't think so.

Forum List

Back