Black lives matter? Not in Detroit.....

Malice

Aug 23, 2015
With the "Black Lives Matter" movement procuring more members and/or followers daily, I often ask myself "what is their main objective?" It's quite obvious they fail to address the senseless killings of black people by other blacks throughout every major city in America with Detroit being a prime example. A few "leaders" of the "Black Lives Matter" movement recently visited the state of Michigan days after a disabled woman was stabbed to death aboard a DDOT bus because she accidentally bumped her walker into another passenger. The passenger got up and proceeded to stab the disabled women in her neck and face resulting in her death. I'd also like to note that at that time, the bus was full of other black passengers. Why would so many people allow this woman to commit such a vile act in their presence? If black lives matter, why wouldn't anyone try to intervene or prevent this attack? This movement is so quick to point the blame at rouge cops and for many, whites in general. Recently, a task force raided a house in Detroit looking to apprehend a subject who was wanted on felony weapons charges and felony robbery of a pizza delivery man (who happened to be white). Upon entering the home, the subject found refuge in the upstairs attic. The officers made contact with the subject who then dropped out of the attic with a hammer and lunged at the closest officer. The subject was then shot dead on the spot. There was a lot of controversy surrounding this incident claiming that the subject was unarmed and surrendering at the time of the shooting. (All claims from the victims father who was present at the time). After the incident took place, a hammer was found near the victims body and all reports from police did in fact state that the victim did lunge at officers with a hammer in hand. All the while, local residents from the neighborhood started to gather and become unruly. The father also went on the local news station and said "my was son was a wonderful loving person and a great father". I was raised to believe that loving and wonderful people don't stick guns in peoples faces trying to make a living for themselves. Either way, the event took place and now people are demanding action. The only thing saving the city from total chaos is that the officer (ICE Agent to be exact) was black himself. I just want to add that I myself work in the city of Detroit and witness on a daily basis the way that black people treat each other. I know it's easy to blame cops and "White Privilege" but it all starts at home and on the streets. The "Black Lives Matter" movement cannot really expect other people throughout the country to respect their cause when they don't even respect the lives of each other.

With the "Black Lives Matter" movement procuring more members and/or followers daily, I often ask myself "what is their main objective?" It's quite obvious they fail to address the senseless killings of black people by other blacks throughout every major city in America with Detroit being a prime example. A few "leaders" of the "Black Lives Matter" movement recently visited the state of Michigan days after a disabled woman was stabbed to death aboard a DDOT bus because she accidentally bumped her walker into another passenger. The passenger got up and proceeded to stab the disabled women in her neck and face resulting in her death. I'd also like to note that at that time, the bus was full of other black passengers. Why would so many people allow this woman to commit such a vile act in their presence? If black lives matter, why wouldn't anyone try to intervene or prevent this attack? This movement is so quick to point the blame at rouge cops and for many, whites in general. Recently, a task force raided a house in Detroit looking to apprehend a subject who was wanted on felony weapons charges and felony robbery of a pizza delivery man (who happened to be white). Upon entering the home, the subject found refuge in the upstairs attic. The officers made contact with the subject who then dropped out of the attic with a hammer and lunged at the closest officer. The subject was then shot dead on the spot. There was a lot of controversy surrounding this incident claiming that the subject was unarmed and surrendering at the time of the shooting. (All claims from the victims father who was present at the time). After the incident took place, a hammer was found near the victims body and all reports from police did in fact state that the victim did lunge at officers with a hammer in hand. All the while, local residents from the neighborhood started to gather and become unruly. The father also went on the local news station and said "my was son was a wonderful loving person and a great father". I was raised to believe that loving and wonderful people don't stick guns in peoples faces trying to make a living for themselves. Either way, the event took place and now people are demanding action. The only thing saving the city from total chaos is that the officer (ICE Agent to be exact) was black himself. I just want to add that I myself work in the city of Detroit and witness on a daily basis the way that black people treat each other. I know it's easy to blame cops and "White Privilege" but it all starts at home and on the streets. The "Black Lives Matter" movement cannot really expect other people throughout the country to respect their cause when they don't even respect the lives of each other.
First off welcome to the board. Until the Negro respects the Negro the Negro will kill the Negro.

Black lives matter to christian conservatives trying to pry them out of democrook slavery again. This time most blacks are resisting because they're dependent but don't have to do any work.

Black lives clearly aren't worth a lick of shit to liberal blacks though.

Detroit schools way below national average...

Detroit Public Schools: 93% Not Proficient in Reading; 96% Not Proficient in Math
October 28, 2015 - In the Detroit public school district, 96 percent of eighth graders are not proficient in mathematics and 93 percent are not proficient in reading.
That is according to the results of the 2015 National Assessment of Educational Progress tests published by the Department of Education’s National Center for Educational Statistics. Only 4 percent of Detroit public school eighth graders are proficient or better in math and only 7 percent in reading. This is despite the fact that in the 2011-2012 school year—the latest for which the Department of Education has reported the financial data—the Detroit public schools had “total expenditures” of $18,361 per student and “current expenditures” of $13,330 per student. According to data published by the Detroit Public Schools, the school district’s operating expenses in the fiscal year that ended on June 30, 2014 amounted to approximately $14,743 per student.

reading-chart.jpg

Nationwide, only 33 percent of public-school eighth graders scored proficient or better in reading in 2015 and only 32 percent scored proficient or better in mathematics. In 2015, 21 large urban school districts participated in the NAEP tests in reading and mathematics as part of what the Department of Education calls its Trial Urban District Assessment (TUDA). Among these 21 districts, the Detroit Public Schools had the smallest percentages of eighth graders scoring proficient or better in reading and math. In reading, the Cleveland public schools were next to last among the large urban school districts with only 11 percent scoring proficient or better. Baltimore and Fresno were tied for third worst with only 13 percent scoring proficient or better; and Philadelphia ranked fifth worst with only 16 percent scoring proficient or better.

fiscal_data-detroit_public_schools.jpg

The Cleveland public schools also ranked next to last in math, with only 9 percent of eight graders scoring proficient or better. Baltimore and Fresno were also tied for third worst in math, with only 12 percent scoring proficient or better; and Los Angeles ranked fifth worst with 15 percent scoring proficient or better in math. The Department of Education has published fiscal information on the Detroit public schools for the 2011-2012 school year. That year, the Detroit Public Schools had total expenditures of $1,231,375,000, equaling $18,361 per student. That included $13,330 per student for current expenditures, $3,182 for capital outlays, and $1,737 for interest on the school system’s debt.

MORE

Skeleton Crew Examines Blue-collar Life In Dying Detroit...
confused.gif

New Play Examines Blue-collar Life In Dying Detroit
May 28, 2016 — Since the first U.S. cars began rolling off assembly lines in the early 20th century, Detroit, Michigan, has been the center of the U.S auto industry, home of the Big Three automakers, General Motors, Chrysler and Ford.
Today, Michigan still produces more cars and trucks than any other state in America, and this year, U.S. automakers are expected to sell a record number of vehicles. But it's hard to forget 2008, when the U.S. government was forced to bail out two big players, GM and Chrysler, and the third, Ford, needed a government line of credit to get by. During that time, the Motor City, as its known, lost hundreds of thousands of jobs as auto plants and their suppliers downsized or closed. Now, a new play, running off-Broadway, looks at four African-American automobile workers struggling in the declining economy.

545265D7-C8F3-4C7E-BABB-183E37D5E31F_w640_s.jpg

Jason Dirden as Dez, Lynda Gravatt as Faye, Nikiya Mathis as Shanita in a scene from Skeleton Crew.​

Called Skeleton Crew, it's the latest of three plays Dominique Morisseau has written about her hometown, and it received a special citation at this year's Obie Awards for off-Broadway theater. It takes place in a drab break room in a stamping plant, where workers manufacture parts for the big three auto makers. But times are tough. The factory has laid off a lot of people and the ones who remain are the skeleton crew, the bare minimum needed to keep the plant going. “It’s exploring a group of workers, a family of workers," Morriseau told WNYC earlier this year, "who sort of have to deal with the different impacts that this potential closing will have on them."

A hometown tale

It's all very personal for Morriseau. “I’m from Detroit," she explained. "I was born and raised there and, uh, you know, I wanted to explore three eras in my city’s history that I felt were transformative, that changed the landscape of the city. But also, I just wanted to learn more about the people that were living through some of the crises that happened."

476BCAE5-BCB4-4240-B9FF-D5D0B67E007A_w640_r1_s.jpg

A scene from Skeleton Crew, which was honored with an Obie Award.​

So she went home to talk to people about what it felt like to be in Detroit in 2008, when the auto industry was on the verge of collapse. For the workers in Skeleton Crew, it’s an earth-shaking moment. Director Ruben Santiago-Hudson said Morisseau is able to portray her characters with a specific kind of empathy. “This play is really important, in the sense that you come into the world of blue collar life," Santiago said. "So, to go and see the integrity of these people and also how they feed off each other – they’re so, all different and they all need each other." "You gotta make yourself irreplaceable," a character called Shanita stated. "That’s what I’m doing."

E06F0439-4E72-4422-B5DB-47229A58BD77_w640_s.jpg

Jason Dirden plays Dez and Nikiya Mathis plays Shanita.​

Her co-worker Faye is skeptical. "How you figure you irreplaceable? I been from stampin’ doors to installing shocks to them seven years I spent sewing interiors. Ain’t nobody in this plant more irreplaceable than Faye Davis is!"

Everyone's replaceable

It's quite obvious they fail to address the senseless killings of black people by other blacks throughout every major city in America with Detroit being a prime example..

Through history blacks kill always other blacks, that' normal for them. Sometimes they eat each other due to tradition.

First off welcome to the board. Until the Negro respects the Negro the Negro will kill the Negro.

Lets get something clear first......where is it written that every nigga in this country has to take ownership of all blacks in this country? Why is it, the black community has to own all the ills that plaque our race? I could give two fucks about women who raise worthless human beings and do nothing to aide in their journey through life. I could give two fucks about sorry ass nigga's who strap white women across their dicks and spit out babies expecting a white man to take care of it. And I definately don't give a fuck about nigga's wipe out other worthless nigga's. Has nothing to do with respect of my race, love for my race or anything having to do with my race. Violence is a choice these fools want to embrace and if that's the way these fucks want to roll, who am I too lose sleep over this shit? Do you lose sleep over that redneck gunning down 9 innocent people in a church? Did you ask for a rally for the redneck that gunned down 21 kids in a school and on and on an on, did you? If not, than stop expecting every nigga in this country to lose sleep over sorry black mf's that don't want to do better for themselves and rally for the millions that do...they're our future, not these saggy pant mop loving sellouts that nobody gives a fuck about but white wigga women!!

It's quite obvious they fail to address the senseless killings of black people by other blacks throughout every major city in America with Detroit being a prime example..

Through history blacks kill always other blacks, that' normal for them. Sometimes they eat each other due to tradition.
Blacks eat each other? Ever here of the Domner Party? or that other flesh eating simp, Jeffery Domner? Oh and just a foot note, nobody eats more black meat that white women, just sayin

I predict that at both party's conventions this summer, both Black Lives Fecal Matter and the illegal Mexicans will manage to kill some of each other. I've been friends with a lot of Latinos and they detest "basketball-Americans" far more than we whites do! Plus, Latinos have a substantially lower crime rate than blacks and a better sense of humor about themselves. At least in my personal experience.

I predict that at both party's conventions this summer, both Black Lives Fecal Matter and the illegal Mexicans will manage to kill some of each other. I've been friends with a lot of Latinos and they detest "basketball-Americans" far more than we whites do! Plus, Latinos have a substantially lower crime rate than blacks and a better sense of humor about themselves. At least in my personal experience.
I'm just curious, how long has it been since the nigga took your wife?

Forum List

Back