Black Light Power signs their first commercial deal

BaronVonBigmeat

Sep 20, 2005
Good news--first BLP's work was validated by a university lab on 10/20/08. Now today they have signed their first commercial deal to license their technology for power generation.

For those that are unfamiliar with them, BLP's reaction is not a conventional chemical reaction in which fuel is burned, nor is it nuclear fission. It releases heat from hydrogen molecules. There is no radiation, aside from the easily shielded ultraviolet light (thus the company name).

Cranbury, NJ (December 11, 2008)—BlackLight Power (BLP) Inc. today announced its first commercial license agreement with Estacado Energy Services, Inc. in New Mexico, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roosevelt County Electric Cooperative, (Estacado). In a non-exclusive agreement, BLP has licensed Estacado to use the BlackLight Process and certain BLP energy technology for the production of thermal or electric power. Estacado may produce gross thermal power up to a maximum continuous capacity of 250 MW or convert this thermal power to corresponding electricity.

BlackLight Power is committed to announcing all future progress as it occurs.

About BlackLight Power
BlackLight Power Inc. is the inventor of a new primary energy source and a new field of hydrogen chemistry with broad commercial applications.
BlackLight Power has invented a new primary energy source with applications to heating, distributed power generation, central power generation, and motive power based on a new chemical process of releasing the latent energy of the hydrogen atom, the BlackLight Process.

BlackLight Power Inc.

I wonder if this is for real, or just another scam?

If it's for real, then it is a scientific breakthrough comparable to splitting the atom.

If it's for real, then the problem of generating energy is solved, and the next world problem will have to be keeping the people of Saudi Arabia from starving.

We'll probably do as good of a job as we've done in Darfur, but I woudn't start feeling sorry for Arabs just yet.

This thing is still pretty unlikely to be everything it is touted to be.

Healthy skepticism is warranted; although the repeatability of the process by an independent university gives a big boost to their credibility. There's always lots of scams out there, and generally the "miracle" breakthroughs especially don't pan out. But then every once in a while, they do. Like the Wright brothers--they got their plane flying before the much better funded government efforts. The press refused to even send a photographer, because of all the other people who dabbled in airplanes were kooks.

Anyway, I wonder how big/heavy/expensive these things would be when developed? Small enough to fit under the hood of a car? Light enough to enable electric airplanes?

If it's for real, then the problem of generating energy is solved, and the next world problem will have to be keeping the people of Saudi Arabia from starving.

I've always thought that it was weird for people to blame terrorism on the huge masses of terribly poor people in the middle east--but then in the same breath, advocate energy independence. If they have nothing to sell us anymore, they'll be even more impoverished. I don't buy poverty as a cause of terrorism of course, but I'm just trying to understand those who do.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back