"Black" is now an insult?

As soon as Black America stops identifying as Black America, it will have gone a long way to end racism.
Indeed, Identity Politics has played a big role in this. Hyphenated Americans, division, isolation.

Those who push this have no interest in improving race relations, and it shows.

Improving race relations starts with being honest them. Not exactly an American skill at the moment. Most want pure fucking magic to happen, which won't.

As soon as Black America stops identifying as Black America, it will have gone a long way to end racism.

Do you know you just used the word yourself? Or again, is that different for pale faces?
Explain why you think black is derogatory. Are you racist?

I dont, only those two people in the story do. Which to you means every black person. But its unfair to do the same when some pale face does something because then and only then you display some damn sense
Nonsense, where did I say every black person thinks the word black is derogatory. I was asking you a question based on your statements, not the statements of others.

You lost me on the phrase "but its unfair to do the same when some pale face does something" I don't know what "it" or "the same" or "does something" are referring to.

Indeed, Identity Politics has played a big role in this. Hyphenated Americans, division, isolation.

Improving race relations starts with being honest them. Not exactly an American skill at the moment. Most want pure fucking magic to happen, which won't.
Both ends of the issue have to look in the mirror, and someone on one of the ends has to be brave enough to be first.

Do you know you just used the word yourself? Or again, is that different for pale faces?

I dont, only those two people in the story do. Which to you means every black person. But its unfair to do the same when some pale face does something because then and only then you display some damn sense
Nonsense, where did I say every black person thinks the word black is derogatory. I was asking you a question based on your statements, not the statements of others.

You lost me on the phrase "but its unfair to do the same when some pale face does something" I don't know what "it" or "the same" or "does something" are referring to.

Go play stupid with someone else

Both ends of the issue have to look in the mirror, and someone on one of the ends has to be brave enough to be first.
Yeah, like that'll happen. We can't get Americans to stand up and say I'm a lazy fat pig let alone I'm a racist asshole.

Go play stupid with someone else
Translation... oh shit I'm exposed again better deflect quick.

A waitress was apparently trying to keep track of customers and wrote 'black couple' on a receipt. Not a big deal, but in the current climate created by Sharpton and the other race baiters, people are looking for a reason to be offended. The couple claimed they were offended and got the waitress fired over it. Gosh, would the left even care if she was a single mom trying to make ends meet? Nah. The other restaurant workers had to have sensitivity training and the couple got free meals for life.

They said she could have chosen other words, like describing a shirt. So, tell me why others have been criticized for saying we should be colorblind. The left says we must be aware of color and not act like we don't see race and whites should be aware of their 'whiteness.'

What the fuck do these race baiters want? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

How about we drop the "black" in "Black lives matter" and just say "lives matter?" No more "Black" History month, just history. No more "Black Caucus", just congress. You see, you must say it when they tell you to say it, but not on your own.

The race baiters have set things back 40 years with all their divisive rhetoric. They want a double standard and it's doing nothing but confusing people. A woman lost her job and the other employees had to be subjected to training because a couple got worked up over nothing. This is what the race baiters want. People walking on egg shells and being punished anytime they say something that isn't approved by the PC Nazis.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/national/waitress-fired-restaurant-owner-sorry-after-custom/nm6r6/
^ That post is more of an insult. I bet you'd be bitching up a storm if you were handed a receipt that said "white people."
Depends upon where you live. I'm in a mostly black area so it would make sense for blacks to refer to me as white for the sake of description. I have no issue referring to 'light skinned' as such when discussing with blacks because it is a commonly used descriptive by blacks and such descriptions help us communicate. However, I do get suspicious looks from some obnoxious blacks and even more from whites when I use the term 'light skinned'. (Way back in the day, 'yellow' was often used instead of 'light skinned')

Have you guys collectively decided on what you want to be called? Or is that different?

Embrace what is right and call us white.

I know of no white person who cares (or who is pre-occupied with) what someone might call their skin color. We just don't think about because it doesn't matter. Well, unless one is a member of the KKK. Those nutbars care.

Is that approved by white people everywhere?

Pretty much. Of course, some of us prefer the lighter 'alabaster' moniker.

For the most part whites just don't give skin color much thought cause really, it doesn't matter. The kind of person you are is what matters.

In these times, black, white, yellow, red, brown, gay, and fucking loud couple are descriptions best left off of the official paperwork. That's just common sense from a white guy, who doesn't mind being called the white guy but that's just me, not anyone else.

Yeah, don't...
receipt2.jpg
As a Black Person, it seems to me an over reaction. Even if the description was meant as a slight, you can't offend me by calling me what I call myself.

In these times, black, white, yellow, red, brown, gay, and fucking loud couple are descriptions best left off of the official paperwork. That's just common sense from a white guy, who doesn't mind being called the white guy but that's just me, not anyone else.

Yeah, don't...
receipt2.jpg
As a Black Person, it seems to me an over reaction. Even if the description was meant as a slight, you can't offend me by calling me what I call myself.
Had to be there I guess, but the point is the same, Table 1 would have been a much better choice.

I'm going to say negro for now on but that will probably offend. You are suppose to call them great members of the Nubian race descendant of great kings-- oh beautiful black people who are so special that they get a special title.

Black peoples are special--just like every other race. Except if you are white. Then you must answer for the capatalist crimes of your ancestors. Die whitey!

There are asshole blacks just like there are asshole whites, asshole indians, asshole asians, etc etc etc. This couple just happen to be in the line of asshole black COUPLES. :lol:

Sounds like the waitress is stretching the truth.

I disagree. She wrote a description on the ticket, knowing she would hand the ticket to them. I think the couple are the ones stretching things. I believe some are programmed to see racism everywhere.

'"Black" is now an insult?'

No.

You and other USMB rightists are becoming even more ridiculous and bizarre.

Read the OP, dipstick. The black couple was offended as being described as a black couple by a waitress who was trying to keep customers straight. It was treated like some kind of crime. It's the left pushing this bullshit. I'm just pointing out how fucking stupid it is. Since you seem to agree with me that being called black is not an insult, do you think the waitress should have been fired over it?
You've been both ridiculous and bizarre for quite some time now.

Forum List

Back