Black History Month

Yeah, in the days of Lincoln. It has done a 180 since then.

Nope...All the way through the civil rights era and beyond the Democratic Party has done nothing to help black people over all. They helped to break down the black family, leave poor black kids stuck in failing public schools and created a dependency on government which has hurt them much more then helped them. MLK would be horrified at the state of the black family today

The Democratic party nor the Republican party are the root cause of what
has hindered the black community. The political system is comprised of a left wing and a right wing attached to one stinking bird.

The civil rights movement itself focused way too much on "extending an olive branch" as opposed to focusing on self reliance through economic empowerment by creating business opportunities and recirculating black capital within black communities.

It is a travesty that less than 1% of the businesses in predominately black communities are owned by blacks.

This a capitalist society, and without "capital", a community will remain powerless until it empowers itself.

Excellent points. In some ways, it seems that 'integration' (in the business sense) led to the downfall of many 'Black owned businesses'. A lot of times people want what they can't or couldn't have. Sometimes some of those 'Black owned businesses' took advantage of segregation and price gouged the very same people in their community.

If you look at cities like Tulsa (Black Wall Street) one can see how 'Black businesses' excelled. Fortunately today, depending on the business or service, one CAN start their own business without a lot of capital.

I guess you didn't hire the right 'ones'. Maybe the salary and benefits package you were offering was only enough to attract low skilled workers of any color and you got what you paid for.
Skill has nothing to do with it. I'm talking entry level here, no experience necessary (which they rarely have). They don't want to work, that's the problem. And I'm in business to make money, not seek out black people to give jobs to. I'll give anybody an opportunity, regardless of their race, but if they don't wanna work, fuck 'em. I fire their worthless ass.

I can be a cheap bastard, so when I want just a generic junk pizza I go to Little Cesar's. One LC has lazy and unmotivated people who happen to be...White. The other has a Black lady in what looks like her mid 30's or 40's and she has the most professionalism than the other.

You have a right to hire who ever you want unless you are working off of a local, state, or federal contract.

How long 'till you think we're even? When does this cease to be an excuse for perceived failures within the black community?

We should be all squared up by 2065.
I don't owe the black race shit. They owe it to themselves to do the best they can with what they have. You asshole liberals play the race card because it is politically expedient - you really don't give a shit about them. You want to keep them dependant for their votes, and most of them arn't smart enough to figure it out, or too lazy to care.
Personal responsibility is the only viable avenue for acension! Blacks owe the rest of the nation restituion for all the entitlements they receive, and for all the crimes they commit!

"Personal responsibikity"! Now you're talking to me baby. Great crypto racist code word! Wow, I'm impressed!

We should be all squared up by 2065.
I don't owe the black race shit. They owe it to themselves to do the best they can with what they have. You asshole liberals play the race card because it is politically expedient - you really don't give a shit about them. You want to keep them dependant for their votes, and most of them arn't smart enough to figure it out, or too lazy to care.
Personal responsibility is the only viable avenue for acension! Blacks owe the rest of the nation restituion for all the entitlements they receive, and for all the crimes they commit!

"Personal responsibikity"! Now you're talking to me baby. Great crypto racist code word! Wow, I'm impressed!
Yeah, God forbid anyone should mention the word "responsibility" to a black person. That would be racist.

Yeah, God forbid anyone should mention the word "responsibility" to a black person. That would be racist.

God (which doesn't exist) forbid that a white supremacist can accept a black person who is responsible. That would not fit with their retarded worldview.

It wouldn't be surprising if S.J. and Matthew were devout Christians (Jesus Freaks).

Last edited:

God (which doesn't exist) forbid that a white supremacist can accept a black person who is responsible. That would not fit with their retarded worldview.

It wouldn't be surprising if S.J. and Matthew were devout Christians (Jesus Freaks).

Your anti-religion bigotry isn't necessary and really doesn't belong in this discussion. Unless you are trying to prove you can be as stupid as S.J. in your own way.

Nope...All the way through the civil rights era and beyond the Democratic Party has done nothing to help black people over all. They helped to break down the black family, leave poor black kids stuck in failing public schools and created a dependency on government which has hurt them much more then helped them. MLK would be horrified at the state of the black family today

The Democratic party nor the Republican party are the root cause of what
has hindered the black community. The political system is comprised of a left wing and a right wing attached to one stinking bird.

The civil rights movement itself focused way too much on "extending an olive branch" as opposed to focusing on self reliance through economic empowerment by creating business opportunities and recirculating black capital within black communities.

It is a travesty that less than 1% of the businesses in predominately black communities are owned by blacks.

This a capitalist society, and without "capital", a community will remain powerless until it empowers itself.

Excellent points. In some ways, it seems that 'integration' (in the business sense) led to the downfall of many 'Black owned businesses'. A lot of times people want what they can't or couldn't have. Sometimes some of those 'Black owned businesses' took advantage of segregation and price gouged the very same people in their community.

Yes there was in fact a downside of black business ownership during segregation, however, pricing structures in the privately/family owned sector are always less competitive compared to those in the mass merchant channel.

Some of the highest pricing that I have ever seen has been in places like Chinatown, and Little Saigon in parts of Los Angeles. But the trade off is that these businesses are owned by Asians, and they support each other.

When new immigrants arrive, they are put to work in a network of family and friends, and supported while they build capital to start yet another business in their community.

I can recall my Grandfather being angry when he talked about the bus boycott in the south.

Over and over, he used to say, "our southern black brothers would rather sell out just to ride the bus with whites that hate them instead of walking for awhile and starting their own bus company. There is no honor in groveling".

If you look at cities like Tulsa (Black Wall Street) one can see how 'Black businesses' excelled. Fortunately today, depending on the business or service, one CAN start their own business without a lot of capital.

Very true, but unfortunately, in too many of our communities there is a zero black business growth rate.

Your anti-religion bigotry isn't necessary and really doesn't belong in this discussion. Unless you are trying to prove you can be as stupid as S.J. in your own way.
That's funny, I was just thinking he was almost as stupid as YOU.

You're a racist idiot, and he's an insecure bigot. That makes you both cowards in your own ways.

You're a racist idiot, and he's an insecure bigot. That makes you both cowards in your own ways.
Racist, racist, racist. The default response to everything in your life. And you people wonder why you're still on the bottom.

Racist, racist, racist. The default response to everything in your life. And you people wonder why you're still on the bottom.

Don't bother denying you are a racist, you idiot. And just who are "you people"?

I wonder how Black history month is going in say, this Compton school, where in the parents collected the requisite number of signatures to enact a Parent trigger, before Jerry Brown re-rigged the rules/packed the Board to fuck them over-

March 2, 2011

Crushing Hopes in Compton
The empire strikes back against 'parent trigger.'

As we reported in December, a majority of parents (more than 250) have exercised their right under a new state law to petition to replace the administrators at McKinley Elementary school in Compton, California and invite a charter-school operator to take over.

McKinley is one of the worst schools in one of the worst-performing districts in the country. Fewer than half of the Compton Unified School District's students graduate from high school, and only 3.3% of those graduates are eligible to attend California's public universities. The parents want McKinley to be run by Celerity Educational Group, which operates three high-performing charters in the Los Angeles area.

The educational empire has not taken this well. At a PTA meeting teachers urged parents to rescind their petitions, and during school hours they pressured students whose parents supported the trigger effort.

When that intimidation failed, the school district suddenly came up with a new signature-verification process. The district required parents—many of whom work multiple jobs—to show up at McKinley at appointed times on one of two days. It also required parents to bring official photo identification, knowing that some of them are illegal immigrants. (The Supreme Court said schools must educate children of illegals in Plyler v. Doe, 1982.)

The parents have sued to stop this harassment. "This is akin to an elected official who is subject to a recall petition requiring that each voter meet with his office," said their legal team from Kirkland & Ellis, which is working pro bono. "The District intends to make it more difficult to petition a local school for reform than vote for President of the United States."

A judge issued a temporary restraining order stopping the district's verification gambit, so the empire struck back again, declaring last week at a hastily-called community meeting that every petition had been disqualified on technicalities: Some legal code numbers were mistyped, for example, and some petitions weren't stapled. Really. The parents will now also challenge this in court.

Meanwhile, the powers in Sacramento are trying to undermine parent trigger statewide. On his first day in office, Governor Jerry Brown replaced seven reform members of the state board of education with union allies, including a lobbyist for the California Teachers Association. The new board immediately announced that it would write new rules to govern the parent trigger law, throwing out eight months of work by the previous board.

more at-

Review & Outlook: Crushing Hopes in Compton - WSJ.com

even if the parents would pull the trigger......

a charter school is not going to magically inject 30 IQ points into every student, motivate the students to learn or increase positive parental involvement.

It just doesn't work that way.

PS your link is broken

The study of BLACK HISTORY is a subset of the study of AMERICAN history.

One doesn't really need a BLACK FOCUSED history to get it that the BLACKS were screwed, and that the process of screwing them was perverting our republic since inception.

But studying SUBSETS of history is something that is done in history. All sorts of topic/issue specifric history are needed for that dicipline.

Some historians study US military history, and I don't see anybody bitching about that.

Some historians focus on ecopnomic history and that's no problem.

But BLACK history pisses some people off.

Why?
Because they don't understand history or why and how it works.

because it's hypocritical and racist and being shoved down our throats

And so if an historian focuses his attention on Military history that makes them hypocritical and a militarist?!

I don't think you really understand the obligation and responsibility of history, amigo.

The study of history is basically the study of EVERYTHING that happened.

Given how large that subject is, scholars tend to specialize in specific aspects of history.

An historian could, as but one example, become a scholar is the history of the POTATO.

Sounds like a rather silly subject for a real historian, doesn't it?

Nevertheless, I invite you to read the following books, why?

Because the Potato has a fabulous history, and as history is the study of everything and the lowly POTATO actually does play an inportant part in the history of mankind.

AS in Google

Now when it comes to the history of the USA?

Well studying the history of Blacks in America is certainly one-of-a-nearly-infinite valid approaches to getting a handle on what happened.

Frankly, Squeeze, I can't understand why such a subset of history would bother you.

Last edited:
More Black history should be taught in our schools. Their sweat, brains, and labor helped make this country great.

African American History Month 2013
peanut butter is a recipe not an invention.

Recipes can be copyrighted.

They sure can, luckily this one was too huh?

There was a patent (#306727 if you'd like to see for yourself) issued to Marcellus Gilmore Edson of Montreal, Quebec in 1884, for a process of milling roasted peanuts between heated surfaces until the peanuts reached “a fluid or semi-fluid state.” As the product cooled, it set into what Edson described as “a consistency like that of butter, lard, or ointment.” In 1890, George A. Bayle Jr., owner of a food business in St. Louis, manufactured peanut butter and sold it out of barrels. J.H. Kellogg, of cereal fame, secured US patent #580787 (you know you can look up patents on things on government websites, right? They're easy to find) in 1897 for his “Process of Preparing Nutmeal,” which produced a “pasty adhesive substance” that Kellogg called “nut-butter.” And all of these were done before Carver even started his peanut research, in what 1903 or so.

And since you guys are nothing but consistent, I'll help you out.

"Lies, lies, lies you racist propagandist, racist! Go back to Stormfront!"

Always with the name calling but never a refutation of what is presented.

peanut butter is a recipe not an invention.

Recipes can be copyrighted.

They sure can, luckily this one was too huh?

There was a patent (#306727 if you'd like to see for yourself) issued to Marcellus Gilmore Edson of Montreal, Quebec in 1884, for a process of milling roasted peanuts between heated surfaces until the peanuts reached “a fluid or semi-fluid state.” As the product cooled, it set into what Edson described as “a consistency like that of butter, lard, or ointment.” In 1890, George A. Bayle Jr., owner of a food business in St. Louis, manufactured peanut butter and sold it out of barrels. J.H. Kellogg, of cereal fame, secured US patent #580787 (you know you can look up patents on things on government websites, right? They're easy to find) in 1897 for his “Process of Preparing Nutmeal,” which produced a “pasty adhesive substance” that Kellogg called “nut-butter.” And all of these were done before Carver even started his peanut research, in what 1903 or so.

Many inventions are stolen from ordinary people by corporations. Money rules!

I wonder how Black history month is going in say, this Compton school, where in the parents collected the requisite number of signatures to enact a Parent trigger, before Jerry Brown re-rigged the rules/packed the Board to fuck them over-

March 2, 2011

Crushing Hopes in Compton
The empire strikes back against 'parent trigger.'

As we reported in December, a majority of parents (more than 250) have exercised their right under a new state law to petition to replace the administrators at McKinley Elementary school in Compton, California and invite a charter-school operator to take over.

McKinley is one of the worst schools in one of the worst-performing districts in the country. Fewer than half of the Compton Unified School District's students graduate from high school, and only 3.3% of those graduates are eligible to attend California's public universities. The parents want McKinley to be run by Celerity Educational Group, which operates three high-performing charters in the Los Angeles area.

The educational empire has not taken this well. At a PTA meeting teachers urged parents to rescind their petitions, and during school hours they pressured students whose parents supported the trigger effort.

When that intimidation failed, the school district suddenly came up with a new signature-verification process. The district required parents—many of whom work multiple jobs—to show up at McKinley at appointed times on one of two days. It also required parents to bring official photo identification, knowing that some of them are illegal immigrants. (The Supreme Court said schools must educate children of illegals in Plyler v. Doe, 1982.)

The parents have sued to stop this harassment. "This is akin to an elected official who is subject to a recall petition requiring that each voter meet with his office," said their legal team from Kirkland & Ellis, which is working pro bono. "The District intends to make it more difficult to petition a local school for reform than vote for President of the United States."

A judge issued a temporary restraining order stopping the district's verification gambit, so the empire struck back again, declaring last week at a hastily-called community meeting that every petition had been disqualified on technicalities: Some legal code numbers were mistyped, for example, and some petitions weren't stapled. Really. The parents will now also challenge this in court.

Meanwhile, the powers in Sacramento are trying to undermine parent trigger statewide. On his first day in office, Governor Jerry Brown replaced seven reform members of the state board of education with union allies, including a lobbyist for the California Teachers Association. The new board immediately announced that it would write new rules to govern the parent trigger law, throwing out eight months of work by the previous board.

more at-

Review & Outlook: Crushing Hopes in Compton - WSJ.com

even if the parents would pull the trigger......

a charter school is not going to magically inject 30 IQ points into every student, motivate the students to learn or increase positive parental involvement.

It just doesn't work that way.

PS your link is broken

I never said it did...hello, was that the point?

so screw it, who gives a shit...is that it?

Not the Democrats who tell us its the cons that hate people of color, woman, oldsters etc....

PS- you need a subscription to read it...you'll have to trust me it says what it says...*shrugs*

Forum List

Back