Black History Month "Rare Images" from The Root/Slate/msn

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Rare Images of Black History: A Timeline

49 of 54

Clarence Thomas

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas' contentious confirmation hearings in 1991 included testimony of sexual harassment by former subordinate Anita Hill. He was nonetheless confirmed and has been a consistently conservative voice in the high court.

---

What word is missing from "The Root's" take on what happened to Clarence Thomas?...

I Assure you it wouldn't have been missing if it was referring to Larry Sinclair's ALLEGATIONS Against Barry. :thup:

And notice how the Media no longer Cares about another Conservative Black Man and the Women Accusing him?... Cain anyone?

And then the other Conservative Token:

Condoleezza Rice

In 2004, then-National Security Advisor Rice was named the most powerful woman in the world by Forbes. Here she is shown with President George W. Bush, who later named her as secretary of state, replacing Colin Powell.

---

If I'm not Mistaken, Dubya's White House was more Racially Diverse than Obama's.

So out of 54 "Rare" images, there are only 2 that are Conservative'ish.

I would say that Conservative Blacks are the MOST Rare of Blacks and should have been Highlighted here.

I wonder if anyone will Focus on Conservative/Republican Blacks this "Black History" Month?...

Or will it be the same old, same old?...

Probably:

First Black President

The inauguration of President Barack Obama, America's first black president, in 2009 in many ways validates centuries of struggle for African Americans. Yet, inequalities persist. What will the next chapter of our life upon these shores bring?

First of all, his Mom and the Grandparents who Raised him in the Island Paradise of Hawaii in Prep Schools were WHITE.

He's no more the First Black President than he is the most Recent White President...

Having said that, a "Black Man" becoming the Most Powerful Man on Earth isn't where it Ends...

Nope... It ain't goin' away.

Enjoy the Focus on ONE Race over all others this Month. Don't forget, the Whites have St. Patrick's Day to be Proud of their Skin Color for which they had ZERO to do with and of course they suffered no Wrongs when coming to America... Nope, that was and to this day is Exclusively Reserved for Blacks... The Perpetual Victim for Hundreds and Hundreds of years... To come. :thup:

"It's White History Month every month"... Yawn.

Do you really think kids don't ask "When is White History Month?"...

What is your Response to that Question?

:)

peace...

As Posted on my Facebook page...

Serious question that gets asked by children... "When is White History Month"

And the answer is not, "Every month is White History Month"... Because it simply is not. There is almost no if not zero White focused studies in school. History itself, yes... George Washington was White. White Children are NOT told to be Proud of their Skin Color in school because of this... Black Children are when it comes to Dr. King etc... Especially this month. Why would we teach ANY Children to be Proud of something they had no Choice in?... Or to be Proud of Race... And if we are, why is it so Offensive when reveresed for White Children?

So we understand each other, I don't like White Pride, Black Pride or any other Pride in Race... Not advocating for White Pride or the Doucher Racists who use the term... Save it.

As we see commercial after commercial and Children's program after Children's program on Sprout, Nick etc. this month, consider what other than Black Children are thinking when they see this focus on one Race and then if/when they ask, "when is White History Month", what is your answer?

I have 261 Friends/Family...

Every single one with exception of a couple, are people I have know as far back as 1st Grade...

Black, White, Hispanic, Asian and Mixed...

I may Lose a couple today...

So be it.

I am Tired of it being OK even after we have a Black President to continue to Teach some Children that Pride in Race is good.

Pride in Race is Horrible.

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back