Black Friday Sale Link...

I think you have become a victim of MPS - Midwesterner Prejudice Syndrome. The first stage symptom (Kalifornium Xenophobus) manifests it's as a deep seated feeling of dread when confronted by beautiful midwestern states and their indigenous rural residents. Seek treatment immediately. Stage three (Kalifornium Deliri Utopius) is an untreatable permanent delusional psychosis.:cuckoo:

lol, love that! :clap2:

I think you have become a victim of MPS - Midwesterner Prejudice Syndrome. The first stage symptom (Kalifornium Xenophobus) manifests it's as a deep seated feeling of dread when confronted by beautiful midwestern states and their indigenous rural residents. Seek treatment immediately. Stage three (Kalifornium Deliri Utopius) is an untreatable permanent delusional psychosis.:cuckoo:

Is this an invitation to visit Missouri? Works for me! :lol:

Years ago, our family had a number of years when we drew names and you had to make a gift for the person whose name you drew. I got one of my favorite Christmas presents during that time. My brother in law drew my mother's name and my sister drew mine. He made two jewelry boxes and my sister decorated them. I plan on passing my jewelry box to someone else in the family. It's beautiful.

My parents are gone now, so we don't get together for Christmas much anymore.
Christmas is a big 'to do' in my family, we always have the big get together on Christmas Eve with the whole fam and then breakfast Christmas morning with just my parents and siblings and their families, and then CHristmas Dinner with everyone. I used to love it when I was a kid because there were about twenty five of us cousins. Now it is just a nut house with the one uncle who always drinks to much.
My favorite is Thanksgiving though, just one night and good food, my aunt makes the best stuffing!

Christmas is a big 'to do' in my family, we always have the big get together on Christmas Eve with the whole fam and then breakfast Christmas morning with just my parents and siblings and their families, and then CHristmas Dinner with everyone. I used to love it when I was a kid because there were about twenty five of us cousins. Now it is just a nut house with the one uncle who always drinks to much.
My favorite is Thanksgiving though, just one night and good food, my aunt makes the best stuffing!

Does everyone have one of those uncles? lol I have one...he's Uncle Ernie...and he's absolutely insane lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Does everyone have one of those uncles? lol I have one...he's Uncle Ernie...and he's absolutely insane lol

Uncle Bob (who lived in Stone Moutain, GA) always had us kids pitching pennies through rolls of toliet paper, and hid quarters and dollars for us to find.

His entire basemet was a "musuem" dedicated to Coke products!

Christmas USED to be a big deal in my family, before my grandmother passed. She was always creative, and she would give the best presents. When my brother and cousins and I were little, we'd spend all day there. Playing with our new toys, and grandma would cook the meals, and the adults would sit in the house and chitchat. Great memories.

The year after she passed, my grandfather insisted on picking out and wrapping the gifts. It was hilarious. The gifts weren't bad, but the wrapping was atrocious. We got a good laugh at it.

Now he's gone and the "grandparents" are our parents, and all the kids are too young to really enjoy Christmas. So it's kind of dull. But in a couple of years the kids will be the perfect age, and it'll be fun again.

Forum List

Back