Black Friday Sale Link...

Food is, and always will be, the number one priority. It is ridiculously expensive now to buy food. That's where my money goes every chance I get. And not for nonsense either. It's only for essentials.

Then there's the electric
Gas
Heat
water
Gas for car
car payment
car insurance
rent/mortgage
renters/homeowners insurance
phone/cell

prices of all utilities keep rising, insurance is out of hand --lots of people are being dropped from their homeowners insurance company if you live even remotely close to water.

There's not really much left after that. I notice that there are bargains on HD TV's...they can't give the stuff away.

In Hollywood sales of DVD's has fallen considerably which, for this time of year, could be considered big losses. Guess pretty soon Hollywood stars might have to take pay cuts?

It's pretty scary out there.

My parents --retired and in their 70's just told me they lost $100,000 of the money they had in investments. Their dividends which they live on from month to month along with their social security has been cut by 1/3 now. I'm sure my parent's arent' the only ones. I can't even worry about them because we live from hand to mouth here at my house.

Hate to be a downer....but it's not looking too rosy out there and the winter months are about to hit....

So sales for Black Friday? I think I'll be staying home. Maybe decorate my house with the things I already own and play Christmas Music. Watch Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol and A Christmas Story.

Time to back in time folks....

Last edited:
So sales for Black Friday? I think I'll be staying home. Maybe decorate my house with the thigns I already own and play Christmas Music.

My absolute favorite thing about Christmas. I love the decorations, and I love the music. There's just a different atmosphere around Christmastime. I love stocking up on Christmas movies and just watching them through the holidays. One of my new favorites: The Family Stone.

My absolute favorite thing about Christmas. I love the decorations, and I love the music. There's just a different atmosphere around Christmastime. I love stocking up on Christmas movies and just watching them through the holidays. One of my new favorites: The Family Stone.

Ah, that is a good movie!

here's another quirkly one I love. "The Ref"

Rudolf, miracle on 34th street (the original), it's a wonderful life, a Christmas Story, Scrooged, the die hard series, are just a few of the ones that we end up watching every Christmas.....

The $600 I put back for a flat panel TV on Black Friday went for an M1 Carbine.

universal_m1_carbine.jpg
NICE!!!!! :eusa_angel:

I can always buy a big screen tv next year.

This year I am buying all the guns I think will be banned by the Obama Administration.

Many folks in my neck of the woods are doing the same.

The $600 I put back for a flat panel TV on Black Friday went for an M1 Carbine.

universal_m1_carbine.jpg

Saving up now for a Remington R-15 VTR.

remington_model_r-15_vtr.jpg

Firearms | Rifles | Guns | Pistols | Dakota Sportsmen

IMO The only retailer that is going to make out this holiday season is the Gun Shop owners, Bass Pro, and Cabela's.

Nice? Nope!
Scary as hell? Yep!!!

And the reason be is that so many American's think they need to do this ..... now .... is unbelievable! Before long "The shoot-out at the O.K. Corral" is going to look like a video game to those that have come to this. It is about time for the "Western Television Show's" to make a comeback, anyway. :eusa_eh:

Good Luck .... but I am glad I do not live in your neighborhood. :)

What's wrong with law abiding citizens owning a functioning piece of history?

Sunni .... I beleive in the law, and our "Right to bare arms". If those weapons are to hunt (animal) predators ... that is one thing .... but from the news that I have heard ...it is not all "4 legged predators" that these weapons are being purchased for. That is the scary part to me.

It seems that most of the people stocking up weapons, live in the "boontoonies" :confused: We recently got an email from relatives living in Wyoming ... that have recently purchased similar weapon's (as shown - with video's of them on the practice range ) .... and trust me ... they do not hunt coyotes, ... etc. :eusa_eh:

those damn poor people :lol:
yeah really! If that is true I hope I am always poor!lol

And as for black friday, I went back to work in retail while I am in college because I cannot work very many hours and the store I work at is doing actually pretty good but they are worried people are shopping now and won't in december. And our layaway has never been so busy! Yes the economy is in the toilet but I think people are shopping with a brain this year and not charging everything. My family is drawing names this year which will help me out quite a bit since I have four brother and a sister and quite a few nieces and nephews plus my own child. Now I just have to buy for my brother,my son, and my nieces and nephews.

Food is, and always will be, the number one priority. It is ridiculously expensive now to buy food. That's where my money goes every chance I get. And not for nonsense either. It's only for essentials.

Then there's the electric
Gas
Heat
water
Gas for car
car payment
car insurance
rent/mortgage
renters/homeowners insurance
phone/cell

prices of all utilities keep rising, insurance is out of hand --lots of people are being dropped from their homeowners insurance company if you live even remotely close to water.

There's not really much left after that. I notice that there are bargains on HD TV's...they can't give the stuff away.

In Hollywood sales of DVD's has fallen considerably which, for this time of year, could be considered big losses. Guess pretty soon Hollywood stars might have to take pay cuts?

It's pretty scary out there.

My parents --retired and in their 70's just told me they lost $100,000 of the money they had in investments. Their dividends which they live on from month to month along with their social security has been cut by 1/3 now. I'm sure my parent's arent' the only ones. I can't even worry about them because we live from hand to mouth here at my house.

Hate to be a downer....but it's not looking too rosy out there and the winter months are about to hit....

So sales for Black Friday? I think I'll be staying home. Maybe decorate my house with the things I already own and play Christmas Music. Watch Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol and A Christmas Story.

Time to back in time folks....

In January, we are cancelling Dish Network and cutting back on our expenses in other places as well. The world doesn't look too good for the near future.

I usually stay home on black Friday anyway. Can't stand the crowds, and with the shooting at Southcenter Mall yesterday, it's downright scary out there.

Haven't seen it. I love The Christmas Story. I have a friend that never celebrates Christmas. She's blind and had never seen or heard the movie, so I had her over to my house one christmas and played the movie for her, putting it on pause every so often to explain the scene so she could "see" it. She says that she will never forget watching that movie with me.

Sunni .... I beleive in the law, and our "Right to bare arms". If those weapons are to hunt (animal) predators ... that is one thing .... but from the news that I have heard ...it is not all "4 legged predators" that these weapons are being purchased for. That is the scary part to me.

It seems that most of the people stocking up weapons, live in the "boontoonies" :confused: We recently got an email from relatives living in Wyoming ... that have recently purchased similar weapon's (as shown - with video's of them on the practice range ) .... and trust me ... they do not hunt coyotes, ... etc. :eusa_eh:

Our forefathers didn't give us the right to bear arms so we could hunt. They gave us the right to bear arms because they wanted us to be able to overthrow an unjust government just like they did. They KNEW that our government would eventually deteriorate as all governments do.

yeah really! If that is true I hope I am always poor!lol

And as for black friday, I went back to work in retail while I am in college because I cannot work very many hours and the store I work at is doing actually pretty good but they are worried people are shopping now and won't in december. And our layaway has never been so busy! Yes the economy is in the toilet but I think people are shopping with a brain this year and not charging everything. My family is drawing names this year which will help me out quite a bit since I have four brother and a sister and quite a few nieces and nephews plus my own child. Now I just have to buy for my brother,my son, and my nieces and nephews.

Years ago, our family had a number of years when we drew names and you had to make a gift for the person whose name you drew. I got one of my favorite Christmas presents during that time. My brother in law drew my mother's name and my sister drew mine. He made two jewelry boxes and my sister decorated them. I plan on passing my jewelry box to someone else in the family. It's beautiful.

My parents are gone now, so we don't get together for Christmas much anymore.

nice---planning on hunting with that this year ?

Probably not. The .30 caliber round, while legal for larger game is not ideal for deer hunting. I will probably only use this one at the range.

I have a Remington 770 and a Savage Arms 111 bolt action magazine fed .30-06 and 7mm respectively for deer hunting.

Remington 770:

rem_41969.jpg

Savage Arms 111:

78511.jpg

Last edited:

Againsheila pretty well summed this one up for me...but I am curious where exactly the "boontoonies" are located.

Againsheila pretty well summed this one up for me...but I am curious where exactly the "boontoonies" are located.

:lol: Missouri ? :lol: I have relatives that live in Osage Beach, and it is awesome.

Missouri is a beautiful state. I love it, but when you have lived in California all of your life, any of you that live in beautiful states .... live in the boontoonies, to me. I am invious. :doubt: lol

Haven't seen it. I love The Christmas Story. I have a friend that never celebrates Christmas. She's blind and had never seen or heard the movie, so I had her over to my house one christmas and played the movie for her, putting it on pause every so often to explain the scene so she could "see" it. She says that she will never forget watching that movie with me.

That was so sweet and thoughtful of you to do that :)

:lol: Missouri ? :lol: I have relatives that live in Osage Beach, and it is awesome.

Missouri is a beautiful state. I love it, but when you have lived in California all of your life, any of you that live in beautiful states .... live in the boontoonies, to me. I am invious. :doubt: lol

I think you have become a victim of MPS - Midwesterner Prejudice Syndrome. The first stage symptom (Kalifornium Xenophobus) manifests as a deep seated feeling of dread when confronted by beautiful midwestern states and their indigenous rural residents. Seek treatment immediately. Stage three (Kalifornium Deliri Utopius) is an untreatable permanent delusional psychosis.:cuckoo:

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back