Black-eyed peas...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
OK... It's New Year's Day. Are you going to eat your black-eyed peas today and have really good luck all year long or do you choose not to eat your black-eyed peas today and simply be fucked all year long. What's it going to be? I have a big pot of black-eyed peas on the stove cooking right now. I'm going to eat so many black-eyed peas today that I'm bound to win the lottery this year. Most likely will win it two or three times...:lol:

OK... It's New Year's Day. Are you going to eat your black-eyed peas today and have really good luck all year long or do you choose not to eat your black-eyed peas today and simply be fucked all year long. What's it going to be? I have a big pot of black-eyed peas on the stove cooking right now. I'm going to eat so many black-eyed peas today that I'm bound to win the lottery this year. Most likely will win it two or three times...:lol:

If you can guarantee a big lottery win, I'll have some today.

Good things always happens to those that eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day.

Good things always happens to those that eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day.

good things always happen to everyone.

Actually I eat blackeyed peas every now and again. However I do not follow any supersticious beliefs.

Last edited:
However when I was a kid I broke a mirror and did get some bad luck. A whippin. but it only lasted a few minutes not 7 years :)

Ive never had Black eyed peas. Whats a good recipe?

Put them in a pot, cover them with water, cut a couple of jalapenos in half toss them in, throw in some salt pork, cook until tender.
Serve with corn bread and real butter.

That's cheating. Jalapeños, salt pork, corn bread, and butter will make ANYTHING taste good. :lol:

Then, the sauce off of the jalapeno slices marinading in vinegar that I put up over the summer is poured over the peas...

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Put them in a pot, cover them with water, cut a couple of jalapenos in half toss them in, throw in some salt pork, cook until tender.
Serve with corn bread and real butter.

That's cheating. Jalapeños, salt pork, corn bread, and butter will make ANYTHING taste good. :lol:

Then, the sauce off of the jalapeno slices marinading in vinegar that I put up over the summer is poured over the peas...
:lol: Why even bother with the peas?

Black eyed peas properly seasoned with a little ham or bacon are a tradition of the south. The legend is that you receive one day of good luck for every pea consumed on New Year's Day. And even though properly prepared, they are a true delicacy, I can tell you that 365 black eyed peas is a LARGE serving though.

Black-Eyed-Peas-Recipe.jpg

Directions to your house?

Forum List

Back