Black Dysfunction: does it matter whether Culture or Genetics is to blame?

Being in ones element, an interesting hypothesis, what do you say about all the other people in America that are not in Native Element?

The "Post Turtle" may not be fair, but it is what it is. Is it fair to judge Blacks by the Color of their Skin?

Just saying.........

Blacks judge other blacks by the color of their skin.

just saying too.......

The "Post Turtle" may not be fair, but it is what it is. Is it fair to judge Blacks by the Color of their Skin?

Just saying.........

colour of their skin? no

their membership in a identifiable continental genetic cluster with measurable physical and behavioural differences? yes

and only if you meant noticing the demonstable differences as judging. if we know there are measured differences in mental functioning as measured by ANY type of cognitive test, and that mental functioning is correlated to successful outcomes (for any race) in our society, then why do we default to white racism excuse for poor black performance when it is obvious that cognitive ability is the main factor for those differences?

what a great comment. a picture is worth a thousand words and all that.

turtles evolved to be successful in many places but on top of fence posts is not one of them. blacks in western society aren't exactly as bad off as that turtle but they aren't in their 'element' either.

the picture also points out the nastiness and unfairness of judging something by only pointing out its exaggerated weaknesses. I often wrestle with pros and cons of saying anything about blacks because it usually means that I will be picking on their mental +/or moral weaknesses. and that goes against the general principle of cheering for the underdog. unfortunately our society keeps saying things like, "turtles would be just as good at climbing fence posts if only we made the posts lower and wetter", ignoring the purpose of fence posts and the physical attributes of the turtle. and of course the turtles keep chanting that the fence posts are racist.

Being in ones element, an interesting hypothesis, what do you say about all the other people in America that are not in Native Element?

Just saying.........

The same white liberals whining in this thread that blacks are out of their element are the FIRST to jump on any comment about blacks being poor performers or not caring about school, etc etc. Hypocrisy anyone?

The blacks in this country have not lived in Africa in hundreds of years. They have no clue what goes on in Africa or its culture.

Isn't it funny how before the 60'sw blacks were one of the hardest working groups in America. With strong family bonds and long family trees. After the Liberals got done with them the vast majority are unable to maintain a family, unable to work, unable to compete, unable to excel in school.

I wonder if there is a correlation? After 50 years of putting them on welfare and telling them they could not compete, guess what? The liberals destroyed a functioning minority into a basket case.

sad, isn't it? in the 70's we were so sure that all blacks needed was a fair chance, and they would equalize. but it didn't happen. and the less real racism there is, the more blacks get pissed off that there are still real disparities

Just saying.........

colour of their skin? no

their membership in a identifiable continental genetic cluster with measurable physical and behavioural differences? yes

and only if you meant noticing the demonstable differences as judging. if we know there are measured differences in mental functioning as measured by ANY type of cognitive test, and that mental functioning is correlated to successful outcomes (for any race) in our society, then why do we default to white racism excuse for poor black performance when it is obvious that cognitive ability is the main factor for those differences?

Your joking right? Are you just flat stating that back people are stupid as a whole?

Honestly at this point I blame it on liberal policy.

Yeah, because you all know how liberally the USA has treated the Blacks in this nation over the last nearly 500 years, right?

300 years of outright slavery followed by 100 years of Jim Crow laws, followed by a lot of laws giving them legal RIGHTSm but damned little economic help to compensate for the damage that we did to them for the former 400 years,

Gee! what a surprise that people treated so well are doing so badly.

It's mystifying, isn't it?

Must be their genetic flaws keeping them down, right?

What racist half truth bullshit you spew, Conhog.

Last edited:
Your joking right? Are you just flat stating that back people are stupid as a whole?

there is a lot of individual variation in all races and there are individuals of all races at all points of the scale but blacks average one standard deviation lower than whites. IQ85 compared to IQ100. this is not news to you or anyone else. 'stupid' is a value judgement term. I only offer comparative descriptions. positive social traits are positively correlated to increasing IQ. because whites average higher scores, they also average higher social traits. is IQ/g/ intelligence the only factor? of course not. but it is easily measured and consistently correlated to successful traits.

Just saying.........

colour of their skin? no

:lol::lol::lol:

Syrenn,

That is why I gave IanC a "Post Turtle" to start with :razz::razz:

To put my statement in more concrete terms...I would bet $25,000 that a randomly chosen group of 1000 IQ100 individuals would outperform 1000 randomly chosen IQ85 individuals, at age 30, in every positive social trait. education, earnings, lack of criminal record, home ownership, prestige of employment, etc. and it wouldn't matter which race they belonged to.

Blacks are on the bottom of the scale of just about every social trait. does it matter what the reason is? can black culture be changed (for the better) without someone imposing it on them? the last five decades don't inspire much hope for the future.

and why do we think culture is independent of genetics? culture takes its cue from the natural tendencies of the group and the demands of the environment. is it really a surprise to anyone that whites are more successful in white culture than blacks?

blacks did not have the environmental pressures in africa to select for far horizon planning and strong family groups like caucasians did. why then should we expect them to behave like whites? on the other hand, if blacks do not have the same skills that are valued in white society, why do they think they should be as successful as whites?

Culyure and genes BOTH matter. The methods used to successfully reform a dysfunctional culture are dependent on what sort of genetic material you have to work with.

:rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with the girl being black.

I seem to have picked up a fan.

Yes it does. She thought she could get away with it cause she was black.
You know this how exactly?

In THIS case it did have to do with her skin color. She saw white cop surrounded by black faces and thought " yeah my niggaz gots my back" and attacked that cop.

Not everything is caused by race, but when it is Ravi you can't simply deny the evidence, it makes you look foolish, although I am aware you have no problem with looking foolish.

To put my statement in more concrete terms...I would bet $25,000 that a randomly chosen group of 1000 IQ100 individuals would outperform 1000 randomly chosen IQ85 individuals, at age 30, in every positive social trait. education, earnings, lack of criminal record, home ownership, prestige of employment, etc. and it wouldn't matter which race they belonged to.

Reluctantly I do agree. However I do not believe, in any way, it has anything to do with the capacity of their brains to learn or genetics.

I believe it has more to do with desire and ambition for education. It has to so with speaking English and not gettoneese. There is a lack of drive to better their lives.

there is a lot of individual variation in all races and there are individuals of all races at all points of the scale but blacks average one standard deviation lower than whites. IQ85 compared to IQ100. this is not news to you or anyone else. 'stupid' is a value judgement term. I only offer comparative descriptions. positive social traits are positively correlated to increasing IQ. because whites average higher scores, they also average higher social traits. is IQ/g/ intelligence the only factor? of course not. but it is easily measured and consistently correlated to successful traits.

And I.Q. is a stupid test to assess anything inside of two standard deviations. Guess what? 95% of the population falls within two standard deviations of the mean. 68% falls within one standard deviation. It doesn't become meaningful within the homogeneous group that makes up the vast majority.

All that aside, I.Q. tests are a silly and archaic measure of "intelligence".

If you are going to use an "average" IQ score to make any comment about the intelligence of any group as a whole, you have to assess what kind of bias (and I am talking about statistical bias here) is inherent.

A good breakdown:

http://www.psychpage.com/learning/library/intell/biased.html

Last edited:
Yes it does. She thought she could get away with it cause she was black.
You know this how exactly?

In THIS case it did have to do with her skin color. She saw white cop surrounded by black faces and thought " yeah my niggaz gots my back" and attacked that cop.

Not everything is caused by race, but when it is Ravi you can't simply deny the evidence, it makes you look foolish, although I am aware you have no problem with looking foolish.
Right, because only black teens mistrust the cops.

:thup:

Reluctantly I do agree. However I do not believe, in any way, it has anything to do with the capacity of their brains to learn or genetics.

You ARE aware that the median negro IQ is 85 and hence bordering on mental retardation???????

BTW a White population sorted for a median IQ of 85 (the white median 101) would show the same pattern of economic failure and group social dysfunction as does negro America.

Last edited:
Honestly at this point I blame it on liberal policy.

Yeah, because you all know how liberally the USA has treated the Blacks in this nation over the last nearly 500 years, right?

300 years of outright slavery followed by 100 years of Jim Crow laws, followed by a lot of laws giving them legal RIGHTSm but damned little economic help to compensate for the damage that we did to them for the former 400 years,

Gee! what a surprise that people treated so well are doing so badly.

It's mystifying, isn't it?

Must be their genetic flaws keeping them down, right?

What racist half truth bullshit you spew, Conhog.

I'm going to try to both engage you, and draw you out of the liberal echo chamber in which you have clearly isolated yourself.

The identity politics of the Democrat Party should be a handbook, and your post could be the preface.

Times have changed for the liberal/ progressive movement, which began as a thoroughly racist movenemt: it has evolved into one that is not just supportive of racial minorities- but behaves as though being black is an achievement, and being black is preferred, exceptional, and surpassing.

a. Being black is all that counts, not one’s condition or position: poor Southern black, rich blacks, foreign-born blacks, whatever…all get the same ‘rating,’ and are due the same perks- in the liberal worldview.

b. Consider the professor who will turn to a black student for the black perspective. Any black will do. Condescending? And, of course, the liberal sees nothing wrong with campus life where blacks eat, party, and live only with blacks. It seems that integration has become a racist convention. Ironic?

c. The support, though, depends on racial essentialism: blacks must behave within the liberal expectations, express the accepted black point of view, or they are inauthentic.

d. How nicely HBO's Bill Maher’s comment fits in: "I thought when we elected a black president, we were going to get a black president.” RealClearPolitics - Video - Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President
Maher's comment strikes one as humorous, but only because the 'liberal racial test' is a well-known meme.

e.- for editec: folks who still behave as this were 1940, and every white is a racist and every black is a victim.

f. Diversity only applies to the favored groups: Jews and Asians are rarely if ever counted toward diversity. And this allows for the social engineering. Thus there is the racism of the left, which seeks to use the state to help favored minorities.

Last edited:

You ARE aware that the median negro IQ is 85 and hence bordering on mental retardation???????

BTW a White population sorted for a median IQ of 85 (the white median 101) would show the same pattern of economic failure and group social dysfunction as does negro America.

Could it be that instead of some mental deficiency it is just flat laziness? Could it be that they are content to lounge in the hands of entitlements?

No I don't believe that blacks are mentally genetically lacking.

Fucking racist *****. How do you complete shitbags keep posting the same lame threads week after week?

Really? And here I thought I was defending them. Good to know that saying its a crock of shit that they are genetically deficient is racist.

Fucking racist *****. How do you complete shitbags keep posting the same lame threads week after week?

Really? And here I thought I was defending them. Good to know that saying its a crock of shit that they are genetically deficient is racist.

Pay close attention to:

"....keep posting the same lame threads week after week?"

That is a reference to the OP. That dumbass along with Joyce and crew have been posting the same op over and over and over.

Forum List

Back