Black conservative tea party backers take heat

"Democrat opposition had forced the Republicans to weaken their 1957 and 1960 Civil Rights Acts" never happened, because both bills were Democratic proposals.

"The Civil Rights Act of 1957 was introduced in Eisenhower’s presidency and was the act that kick-started the civil rights legislative programme that was to include the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act. Eisenhower had not been known for his support of the civil rights movement. Rather than lead the country on the issue, he had to respond to problems such as in Little Rock. He never publicly gave support to the civil rights movement believing that you could not force people to change their beliefs; such changes had to come from the heart of the people involved, not as the result of legislation from Washington.

However, he did push through during his presidency the 1957 Civil Rights Act. Cynics have stated that this was simply to win the ‘Black Vote’.

The 1957 Civil Rights Act aimed to ensure that all African Americans could exercise their right to vote. It wanted a new division within the federal Justice Department to monitor civil rights abuses and a joint report to be done by representatives of both major political parties (Democrats and Republicans) on the issue of race relations.

Eisenhower, perhaps shocked by the news broadcasts of Little Rock, publicly supported the bill (it was, after all, his Attorney-General who had produced the bill). However, the final act became a much watered done affair due to the lack of support among the Democrats.

The Senate leader, Lyndon Baines Johnson, was a Democrat, and he realised that the bill and its journey through Congress, could tear apart his party as it had right wing Southern senators in it and liberal west coast ones."

Last edited:
Setup and a forgery probably by an SEIU thug.

I'm guessing the tons of racist signs at the protests are all SEIU plants too.

When you can show me evidence of "tons of racist signs" at the tea parties let me know.

I CAN DO JUST THAT, when it comes to liberals and their anti-war protests. They HATE Jews.

Put up or shut up, because believe me, I can.

Zionist_Pigs_Jew_devil.jpg

Anti-Semitic sign at the February 16, 2003 "anti-war" rally.

The zombietime Hall of Shame

IMG_7966.JPG

This man at the "Stop the U.S.-Israeli War" rally on August 12, 2006 wants the Nazi kikes to get out of Lebanon.

126-2634_IMG.JPG

So you really want to go there. Because we conservatives don't have to do a staged "walk" through a liberal protest and lie about something happening we can't prove.

There is more than enough evidence who are the real racists.

Put up or shut up!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just curious. What makes you think those are liberals?

"Democrat opposition had forced the Republicans to weaken their 1957 and 1960 Civil Rights Acts" never happened, because both bills were Democratic proposals. In fact, Strom Thurmond (R-SC) performed the longest filibuster in history over the Civil Rights Act of 1957. And, interestingly, the opposition came from senators complaining that the bill was "an example of the Federal government wanting to impose its laws on states". That sure sounds like a modern movement I know...

More Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 because the Republican Party was very small in the south. No matter where you went in the country, the Republicans were far stronger opponents of the bill. An Iowa Republican was more likely to be opposed than an Iowa Democrat, and a Texas Republican was more likely to be opposed than a Texas Democrat.

I'm sorry but your BS is just that, BS.

How could more Republicans vote for it in the Senate because there were fewer Republicans in the South? Huh?

Because a significant portion of Democratic seats, until Republican seats, came from the south, which was much more opposed.

And if the Republicans more opposed the bill explain why the ONLY OPPONENTS OF IT in the Senate WERE ALL DEMOCRATS.

Dixiecrats weren't the only opponents. Several Republicans voted against the bill, including the man the GOP would go on to nominate that year and sweep the south.

I hate to break it to you but Richard Nixon was a supporter of the Civil Rights Movement.

Kennedy feared the yellow dog Democrats and only became a supporter of Civil Rigthts after meeting with MLK and being assured by his advisors he would be more popular for it.

I'm sorry but you can make up rationalizations all you want, but the history, tells a different story.

All those who filibustered, WERE DEMOCRATS.

:lol::lol::lol:

Nixon "supported" the civil rights movement because he knew that opposing it wasn't smart politics, and that Democrats would take the blame from white racists anyway. Don't take my word for it, one of his chief campaign strategists said the same thing:

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.

Boyd, James (May 17, 1970). "Nixon's Southern strategy: 'It's All in the Charts'". The New York Times. pp. 215.

Setup and a forgery probably by an SEIU thug.

I'm guessing the tons of racist signs at the protests are all SEIU plants too.

When you can show me evidence of "tons of racist signs" at the tea parties let me know.

I CAN DO JUST THAT, when it comes to liberals and their anti-war protests. They HATE Jews.

Put up or shut up, because believe me, I can.

Zionist_Pigs_Jew_devil.jpg

Anti-Semitic sign at the February 16, 2003 "anti-war" rally.

IMG_7966.JPG

This man at the "Stop the U.S.-Israeli War" rally on August 12, 2006 wants the Nazi kikes to get out of Lebanon.

126-2634_IMG.JPG

So you really want to go there. Because we conservatives don't have to do a staged "walk" through a liberal protest and lie about something happening we can't prove.

There is more than enough evidence who are the real racists.

Put up or shut up!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You forgot one of those "threatening" protestors--:lol::lol:

$Bush protestor hate sign.jpg

How could more Republicans vote for it in the Senate because there were fewer Republicans in the South? Huh?

That doesn't change more Republicans vote for it.

And if the Republicans more opposed the bill explain why the ONLY OPPONENTS OF IT in the Senate WERE ALL DEMOCRATS.

I hate to break it to you but Richard Nixon was a supporter of the Civil Rights Movement.

Kennedy feared the yellow dog Democrats and only became a supporter of Civil Rigthts after meeting with MLK and being assured by his advisors he would be more popular for it.

I'm sorry but you can make up rationalizations all you want, but the history, tells a different story.

Come on now. Let's get serious. You don't really believe that southern conservatives were FOR civil rights.

So now--you want to go back to the 1960's to get a "heartbeat" of what this country thinks today---55 years later!--except of course for KKK Byrd--a democrat who is just about ready to be taken out in a coffin on the senate floor--:lol::lol::lol:

You do realise that most of the hard-core--real racists in this country are now DEAD--don't you? Yet the race card is continually played by politicians--expecially democrats that have blacks in some kind of a choke hold--that they won't let loose on.

Thanks for telling me, I didn't know that:

teapartypic.jpg

20090723obama-witchdoctor-muck.jpg

Hey, remember when this was emailed to Republicans for a fundraiser?

obama_buck_liberal.jpg

"Democrat opposition had forced the Republicans to weaken their 1957 and 1960 Civil Rights Acts" never happened, because both bills were Democratic proposals. In fact, Strom Thurmond (R-SC) performed the longest filibuster in history over the Civil Rights Act of 1957. And, interestingly, the opposition came from senators complaining that the bill was "an example of the Federal government wanting to impose its laws on states". That sure sounds like a modern movement I know...

More Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 because the Republican Party was very small in the south. No matter where you went in the country, the Republicans were far stronger opponents of the bill. An Iowa Republican was more likely to be opposed than an Iowa Democrat, and a Texas Republican was more likely to be opposed than a Texas Democrat.

Because a significant portion of Democratic seats, until Republican seats, came from the south, which was much more opposed.

Dixiecrats weren't the only opponents. Several Republicans voted against the bill, including the man the GOP would go on to nominate that year and sweep the south.

Nixon "supported" the civil rights movement because he knew that opposing it wasn't smart politics, and that Democrats would take the blame from white racists anyway. Don't take my word for it, one of his chief campaign strategists said the same thing:

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.

Boyd, James (May 17, 1970). "Nixon's Southern strategy: 'It's All in the Charts'". The New York Times. pp. 215.

Uh--da--duh--da--duh--da--duh--the Civil Rights movement was BEFORE Nixon--and you're still relating to comments that are older than 40 years ago.

It's amazing that LIBERALS feel they can move FORWARD by continually looking in their rear-view mirrors---:lol::lol:

As the old saying goes, those who oppose us are on the wrong side of history.

People are fed up with the race baiting and excuses of the big government stooges and their useful idiots, they want honest government that lives within its means and respects our rights.

The movement attracts more people everyday, and I'm thankful for it.

I mean, really, what gave anyone the idea that there are tons of racist at these rallies...

slide139820115large.jpg

26231676.jpg

Come on now. Let's get serious. You don't really believe that southern conservatives were FOR civil rights.

I hate to break it to you but the Abolition movement started as a CHRISTAN MOVEMENT. That's right, those damn Christian conservatives.

The Republican party was founded on the issue of abolition. That is an indisputable historical fact.

The Civil Rights movement began as a CHRISTIAN movement. You think liberals were anywhere near the Civil Rights movement?

They were not!

Even Paul Begala admits that:

LET'S START WITH THE SIXTIES, the Boomers' dilettante ball. While a few courageous young people like John Lewis and the Freedom Riders risked their lives--and others like Andrew Goodman, James Chaney, and Michael Schwerner gave theirs--the civil-rights movement was led by pre-Boomers like Martin Luther King Jr. (who would be seventy-one if he were alive today) and continued without strong support from the Boomers on college campuses.

Still, I must say this: If you were one of those young people who did risk their lives to fight racism in the sixties, who put their bodies on the line to register voters, who marched and sang and taught and preached against segregation, you stand as the best refutation of my anti-Boomer tirade. In that one moment of conscience and courage, you did more with your life than I've done in all the moments of mine. In a generation of selfish pigs, you were saints.

But the reality is that most campuses did not become hotbeds of unrest until the Boomers' precious butts were at risk as the Vietnam War escalated. They didn't want to end the war because they were bothered by working-class kids being blown apart; if they had been, they wouldn't have spat on those working-class kids when they came home from Vietnam, or tried to make heroes out of the Communists who were trying to kill them.

The Worst Generation - April 2000 - Esquire

No the truth is the KKK was the terrorist arm of the Democrat party, and that hasn't changed, or Robert Byrd wouldn't still be IN the Democrat party and in the Senate.

As the old saying goes, those who oppose us are on the wrong side of history.

People are fed up with the race baiting and excuses of the big government stooges and their useful idiots, they want honest government that lives within its means and respects our rights.

The movement attracts more people everyday, and I'm thankful for it.

Those who oppose you are on the wrong side of history? I'm not really a believer in the idea that there is a constant forward movement toward a brighter future, but the trashcan of history is filled with bigoted, reactionary movements that were able to cause a significant amount of short-term damage, only to be crushed.

I mean, really, what gave anyone the idea that there are tons of racist at these rallies...

slide139820115large.jpg

26231676.jpg

That's the best you can can come up with?

What you talking about Willis? Since when is that racist?

What will be next? DYNOMITE!

The "hood" is racist? Better tell that to more rap stars.

I'm sorry but that is pretty damn weak compared to what I showed.

Nice try.

:lol::lol:

So now--you want to go back to the 1960's to get a "heartbeat" of what this country thinks today---55 years later!--except of course for KKK Byrd--a democrat who is just about ready to be taken out in a coffin on the senate floor--:lol::lol::lol:

You do realise that most of the hard-core--real racists in this country are now DEAD--don't you? Yet the race card is continually played by politicians--expecially democrats that have blacks in some kind of a choke hold--that they won't let loose on.

Thanks for telling me, I didn't know that:

teapartypic.jpg

20090723obama-witchdoctor-muck.jpg

Hey, remember when this was emailed to Republicans for a fundraiser?

obama_buck_liberal.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:--So you drag up a TOTAL of 3 SIGNS --out of millions of signs around this country and label an entire group of MILLIONS of tea partiers as Racists--:lol::lol: This is the best you can do?

Since--I am obviously OLDER than you are--do you have any IDEA what-so-ever what racism was like even--back in the 1950's when I grew up?

Do you have any idea who Democrat Robert Byrd is--commonly referred to by conservatives as KKK Byrd. He is a life-long DEMOCRAT senator--still in the U.S. Senate and a former MEMBER of the Klu Klux Clan. HELLO--yet blacks still vote predominately for this guy and the democrat party. Believe me--if he were Republican--he would have been tared and feathered and run out of the Senate before he ever took a seat on the floor.

Last edited:
They'll make fine conservatives. They've got the victimology part down pat already.

btw, according to Gallup, the tea partiers are 79% non-hispanic white and 6% black.

The demographics of the Tea party track very closely to all of America. 75% of the country is non-hispanic white. The one major area of difference is black participation - hardly surprising the way conservative blacks have been vilified and made into examples to keep the rest on the Democrat Plantation.

Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics

Hardly. The tea partiers are 70% self identified conservative, which is about twice the general population. They are also 55% male which is well above the general pop.

I hate to break it to you but the Abolition movement started as a CHRISTAN MOVEMENT. That's right, those damn Christian conservatives.

The Republican party was founded on the issue of abolition. That is an indisputable historical fact.

The Civil Rights movement began as a CHRISTIAN movement. You think liberals were anywhere near the Civil Rights movement?

They were not!

Even Paul Begala admits that:

LET'S START WITH THE SIXTIES, the Boomers' dilettante ball. While a few courageous young people like John Lewis and the Freedom Riders risked their lives--and others like Andrew Goodman, James Chaney, and Michael Schwerner gave theirs--the civil-rights movement was led by pre-Boomers like Martin Luther King Jr. (who would be seventy-one if he were alive today) and continued without strong support from the Boomers on college campuses.

Still, I must say this: If you were one of those young people who did risk their lives to fight racism in the sixties, who put their bodies on the line to register voters, who marched and sang and taught and preached against segregation, you stand as the best refutation of my anti-Boomer tirade. In that one moment of conscience and courage, you did more with your life than I've done in all the moments of mine. In a generation of selfish pigs, you were saints.

But the reality is that most campuses did not become hotbeds of unrest until the Boomers' precious butts were at risk as the Vietnam War escalated. They didn't want to end the war because they were bothered by working-class kids being blown apart; if they had been, they wouldn't have spat on those working-class kids when they came home from Vietnam, or tried to make heroes out of the Communists who were trying to kill them.

The Worst Generation - April 2000 - Esquire

No the truth is the KKK was the terrorist arm of the Democrat party, and that hasn't changed, or Robert Byrd wouldn't still be IN the Democrat party and in the Senate.

And you think the Christians are "anti slavery"?

Exodus 21:20-21 NAB
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.

Ephesians 6:5 NLT
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.

1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT
Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.

Many Christians have NEVER been against slavery because the Bible obviously approves. You can't find a single passage in the Bible that is anti slavery.

Now I ask the question once again, "Do you really believe that conservatives in the south were FOR civil rights?"

They'll make fine conservatives. They've got the victimology part down pat already.

btw, according to Gallup, the tea partiers are 79% non-hispanic white and 6% black.

The demographics of the Tea party track very closely to all of America. 75% of the country is non-hispanic white. The one major area of difference is black participation - hardly surprising the way conservative blacks have been vilified and made into examples to keep the rest on the Democrat Plantation.

Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics

Hardly. The tea partiers are 70% self identified conservative, which is about twice the general population. They are also 55% male which is well above the general pop.

I suppose you have a link for all this?

You forgot one of those "threatening" protestors--:lol::lol:

View attachment 9921

The tea party folks would never make those sorts of threats.

444801862956d56b2f90.jpg

That's a threat? HA! :lol::lol::lol: That's not a threat! THIS is a threat!:

118-1848_IMG.JPG

Patriotic message in the parade following the March 20, 2004 rally.

143-4350_IMG.JPG

Rioters burning Bush in effigy and the American flag following the post-election rally on November 3, 2004.

120-2044_IMG.JPG

Bush being lynched in effigy at the "Insurgence Solidarity March" on April 10, 2004.

That's just SOME of the threats made against Bush and they get worse from there.

HYPOCRITES. Liberals are FREAKING LAUGHABLE HYPOCRITES. If you point out pictures like this, liberals will piously (and pompously) preach to you about the freedom of speech and free expression.

But if you use that same freedom of speech and expression back and in a way liberals don't like, then LOOK AT THE HYSTERIA!

There is no way you can win this one. I have a LOT more pictures of liberals do far worse than you can ever come up with.

IMG_7953.JPG

Forum List

Back