Black Columbia "Professor" Punches White Woman in Face

What good ole "Mac" has to say for himself:
lionel_mcintyre--300x300.jpg

"Mac"

Read more: Prof busted in Columbia gal 'punch'

you are a racist if you think this black dude hit a white woman in the face! wassamatterforyou? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't know....wassamatterforyou? :eek: :eusa_doh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wassamtterforme? I'm a racist for thinking this black dude hit a white woman. that's wassamatterforme! :lol::lol::lol:

The professor, who is black, had been engaged in a fiery discussion about "white privilege" with Davis, who is white, and another male regular, who is also white, Friday night at 10:30 when fists started flying, patrons said.

<Snip
<
<

McIntyre had squabbled with Davis several weeks earlier over issues involving race, witnesses said. As soon as the professor threw the punch Friday, server Rob Dalton and another employee tossed him out.

"It was a real sucker punch," Dalton said. "Camille's a great lady, always nice to everybody, and doesn't deserve anything like this."

Davis was spotted wearing sunglasses yesterday to conceal the black eye. Reached at her Columbia office, she declined to comment on the alleged attack.

"Mac"
McIntyre was released without bail at his arraignment last night.

"It was a very unfortunate event," he said afterwards. "I didn't mean for it to explode the way it did."

For the third time....the nyp link doesn't work for me. Do you have a link to his confession of intentionally punching her? (not some of your bullshit "divining")

If he did it he should be fired, charged with hate crime and do some time.

NUMEROUS WITNESS ACCOUNTS of McIntyre hitting Ms. Davis abound on the interwebs. Youl should try reading up on this fella before you defend him. ;)

Given the man has a history of race baiting whites in bars (the article mentions he'd had this same heated racial discussion with his white colleagues a few weeks before--as well as having a history of doing same over a period of 5 years at the bar Toast, per one of the regulars there).

And...given his luke warm aknowlegement/apology: "It was a very unfortunate event," he said afterwards. "I didn't mean for it to explode the way it did." , I'd say it was intentional. He intentionally engaged in a racial discussion that he knew had the potential to "explode" (his words, not mine).

Now, if this had happened as an isolated incident and the man had no connection to this woman or the other person involved whatsoever. If they were all strangers in a bar who'd never met before, and who just happened to have had just a bit too much to drink, I'd be more inclined to believe it was just a discussion that got out of hand and the sucker-punch was accidental.

However, Ms. Davis also works at Columbia. She is a colleague. He likely knows her pretty well, and knows her views on many topics--including racial topics, as he's had this discussion with her BEFORE and he knows how to get a "firey" discussion going. Note he says:

"I didn't mean for it to explode the way it did."

That is taking ownership of some sort---that is saying, "I meant to have a hot-button conversation with Ms Davis, we've done it before, but I never meant to get so mad I hit her."

So....I can only take from that his being at that specific bar, talking to those specific people, about this specific topic they'd discussed in prior bar sessions, that his participation in the discussion was intentional.

Not only that, but since you requested that I do your research for you, I did.

Check out the Columbia student newspaper. It would appear that McIntyre has heen racially harassing people in bars for years--he's assaulted at least two others without repercussions.

Associate professor assaults Arts School employee at local bar

Daniel Morgan, a local resident on 123rd Street who said he has known both the offender and the victim for around five years from frequenting Toast—said that he was in the bar earlier that evening but left before either arrived.

Morgan said he ran into Davis on the street on Saturday, when he saw her injuries from the fight. “Her right eye was closed from getting a beating,” he said, adding, “I told her, ‘We got to go to the 26th Precinct and report this immediately.’” According to Morgan, nobody in the bar on Friday night had made any calls to the police, and Davis did not initially report the assault because she was frightened.

“I told her, ‘You are not offending anyone. You were attacked,’” he said. Though he has seen McIntyre get vocal at the bar, Morgan said he had never seen McIntyre get violent.

He added, “What really pisses me off is that no one did anything about it.” Morgan said that he was not sure about what caused the fight, though he noted that, over the past two years, McIntyre has generally been involved in increasingly heated conversations in the bar.
Davis waited three days to inform the police, because, according to Morgan, “She was being pressured not to make waves.”

The bartender and Monday night manager, Jeremy—who declined to give his last name—said that he had heard that something happened but was not there on Friday night. He declined to comment further.

Three locals at the bar on Monday night—all of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity—also confirmed that the altercation had occurred but declined to give any further details.

So....there's more info for you.

I'd go get McIntyre and personally inteview him for you, but somehow I don't think that would satisfy your demands either.

*sigh*

"Mac"

For the third time....the nyp link doesn't work for me. Do you have a link to his confession of intentionally punching her? (not some of your bullshit "divining")

NUMEROUS WITNESS ACCOUNTS of McIntyre hitting Ms. Davis abound on the interwebs. Youl should try reading up on this fella before you defend him. ;)

Given the man has a history of race baiting whites in bars (the article mentions he'd had this same heated racial discussion with his white colleagues a few weeks before--as well as having a history of doing same over a period of 5 years at the bar Toast, per one of the regulars there).

And...given his luke warm aknowlegement/apology: "It was a very unfortunate event," he said afterwards. "I didn't mean for it to explode the way it did." , I'd say it was intentional. He intentionally engaged in a racial discussion that he knew had the potential to "explode" (his words, not mine).

Now, if this had happened as an isolated incident and the man had no connection to this woman or the other person involved whatsoever. If they were all strangers in a bar who'd never met before, and who just happened to have had just a bit too much to drink, I'd be more inclined to believe it was just a discussion that got out of hand and the sucker-punch was accidental.

However, Ms. Davis also works at Columbia. She is a colleague. He likely knows her pretty well, and knows her views on many topics--including racial topics, as he's had this discussion with her BEFORE and he knows how to get a "firey" discussion going. Note he says:

That is taking ownership of some sort---that is saying, "I meant to have a hot-button conversation with Ms Davis, we've done it before, but I never meant to get so mad I hit her."

So....I can only take from that his being at that specific bar, talking to those specific people, about this specific topic they'd discussed in prior bar sessions, that his participation in the discussion was intentional.

Check out the Columbia student newspaper. It would appear that McIntyre has heen racially harassing people in bars for years--he's assaulted at least two others without repercussions.

Daniel Morgan, a local resident on 123rd Street who said he has known both the offender and the victim for around five years from frequenting Toast—said that he was in the bar earlier that evening but left before either arrived.

Morgan said he ran into Davis on the street on Saturday, when he saw her injuries from the fight. “Her right eye was closed from getting a beating,” he said, adding, “I told her, ‘We got to go to the 26th Precinct and report this immediately.’” According to Morgan, nobody in the bar on Friday night had made any calls to the police, and Davis did not initially report the assault because she was frightened.

“I told her, ‘You are not offending anyone. You were attacked,’” he said. Though he has seen McIntyre get vocal at the bar, Morgan said he had never seen McIntyre get violent.

He added, “What really pisses me off is that no one did anything about it.” Morgan said that he was not sure about what caused the fight, though he noted that, over the past two years, McIntyre has generally been involved in increasingly heated conversations in the bar.
Davis waited three days to inform the police, because, according to Morgan, “She was being pressured not to make waves.”

The bartender and Monday night manager, Jeremy—who declined to give his last name—said that he had heard that something happened but was not there on Friday night. He declined to comment further.

Three locals at the bar on Monday night—all of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity—also confirmed that the altercation had occurred but declined to give any further details.

I'd go get McIntyre and personally inteview him for you, but somehow I don't think that would satisfy your demands either.

*sigh*

methinks the DUmmie Curve is like the OJ jury. He could stand there and watch the black dude punch the white woman and still say "he didn't do it."

*sigh*

methinks the DUmmie Curve is like the OJ jury. He could stand there and watch the black dude punch the white woman and still say "he didn't do it."

Dat would be wassdamatterforhim. :D

I suspect that it wasn't the conversation that caused this. Some people get really mean and irrational when they drink, and he probably would have punched someone who just said they didn't like his tie.

I suspect that it wasn't the conversation that caused this. Some people get really mean and irrational when they drink, and he probably would have punched someone who just said they didn't like his tie.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

we always get back round to "it wasn't about race" cept it is. :lol::lol::lol: Kerry ON

From the New York Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/nyregion/11columbia.html

The encounter happened in Toast, a popular, noisy bar and restaurant on Broadway north of campus, where the chatter often runs to current events and politics. Professor McIntyre liked to engage fellow patrons on the subject of race, according to one regular customer, Daniel Morgan, who considers himself a close acquaintance of both Professor McIntyre and Ms. Davis.

Okay....I found a nyt link and this is funky. Three days after he allegedly hit her she goes to the police. I've spent my share of nights in bars so something is a bit off key. If he really punched her why wasn't something done in the bar? You don't punch a woman in a bar and just stroll out as if nothing happened. (And no he is not Tenured.) I need more info before any conclusions can be drawn. I would like to see a medical report showing the bruise was 3 days old.

You're an idiot. If a white man had punched a black woman, you wouldn't spend a second defending him. All these self-hating white fuckwads need to get their own ears boxed. Zero credibility. If a black man raped your mother and shot your dad, YOU'D APOLOGIZE TO HIM FOR WALKING IN ON IT.

Walk in front of the D Train, please. We need fewer whites like you, pronto. Whites need to grow a spine, balls and two fists, and you're a bag of warm jelly.

Last edited:
Okay....I found a nyt link and this is funky. Three days after he allegedly hit her she goes to the police. I've spent my share of nights in bars so something is a bit off key. If he really punched her why wasn't something done in the bar? You don't punch a woman in a bar and just stroll out as if nothing happened. (And no he is not Tenured.) I need more info before any conclusions can be drawn. I would like to see a medical report showing the bruise was 3 days old.

It's obvious you didn't bother to read the article in the OP. All the information you require to "draw a reasonable conclusion" is right there.

McIntyre, who is known as "Mac" at the bar, shoved Davis, and when the other patron and a bar employee tried to break it up, the prof slugged Davis in the face, witnesses said.

"The punch was so loud, the kitchen workers in the back heard it over all the noise," bar back Richie Velez, 28, told The Post. "I was on my way over when he punched Camille and she fell on top of me."

The other patron involved in the dispute said McIntyre then took a swing at him after he yelled, "You don't hit a woman!"

"He knocked the glasses right off my face," said the man, who would only give his first name as "Shannon." "The punch came out of nowhere. Mac was talking to us about white privilege and what I was doing about it -- apparently I wasn't doing enough."

McIntyre had squabbled with Davis several weeks earlier over issues involving race, witnesses said. As soon as the professor threw the punch Friday, server Rob Dalton and another employee tossed him out.

"It was a real sucker punch," Dalton said. "Camille's a great lady, always nice to everybody, and doesn't deserve anything like this."

Davis was spotted wearing sunglasses yesterday to conceal the black eye. Reached at her Columbia office, she declined to comment on the alleged attack.

McIntyre was released without bail at his arraignment last night.

"It was a very unfortunate event," he said afterwards. "I didn't mean for it to explode the way it did."

Nothing happened at the bar THAT NIGHT because the man was bounced from the bar after he slugged the woman in front of witnesses. While he *did* leave and not in a police cruiser, he didn't just punch her and walk right out. He was BOUNCED and there are *witnesses* to the punching other than in the kitchen. The kitchen bit was probably meant to demonstrate how hard (loud) the punch was.

She went to the cops three days later---probably because she was debating whether or not she should file charges against him. She was probably encouraged by more than a few of her associates and regulars at the bar to file the charges, and she probably hesitated to do it for fear of reprisal from "Mac" the Professor.

By the way, good luck on getting Ms Davis' medical report. You have heard of HIPPA? YOU (and I and everyone else) are NOT ENTITLED to see her medical records. But then, you knew that already.

Oh, and as for a black eye on a woman, 3 days later it's gonna be a BEAUTY. My dirtbag exhusband used to like to punch me in the face. Three days and you've got a rainbow assortment of colors---amber, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, red, pink.....it's all there.

The face, especially under and around the eye, is *very* vascular. There are millions of teeny tiny cappillaries that are burst and bleed just under the skin when someone has a blackeye.

Obviously you haven't had a black eye before.

Geez. :rolleyes:

What the fuck is wrong with you? I will now say for the FOURTH time the op link would not work for me. One mo' time......the op link would not work for me. Do you understand what that means? As for medical records......are you aware in a criminal procedure medical evidence is not kept confidential? Then you preach about what a black eye looks like 3 days after it happens.....I never said I didn't know what it looks like. Got any more super bright revelations?

"Mac"

Daniel Morgan, a local resident on 123rd Street who said he has known both the offender and the victim for around five years from frequenting Toast&#8212;said that he was in the bar earlier that evening but left before either arrived.

Morgan said he ran into Davis on the street on Saturday, when he saw her injuries from the fight. &#8220;Her right eye was closed from getting a beating,&#8221; he said, adding, &#8220;I told her, &#8216;We got to go to the 26th Precinct and report this immediately.&#8217;&#8221; According to Morgan, nobody in the bar on Friday night had made any calls to the police, and Davis did not initially report the assault because she was frightened.

&#8220;I told her, &#8216;You are not offending anyone. You were attacked,&#8217;&#8221; he said. Though he has seen McIntyre get vocal at the bar, Morgan said he had never seen McIntyre get violent.

He added, &#8220;What really pisses me off is that no one did anything about it.&#8221; Morgan said that he was not sure about what caused the fight, though he noted that, over the past two years, McIntyre has generally been involved in increasingly heated conversations in the bar.
Davis waited three days to inform the police, because, according to Morgan, &#8220;She was being pressured not to make waves.&#8221;

The bartender and Monday night manager, Jeremy&#8212;who declined to give his last name&#8212;said that he had heard that something happened but was not there on Friday night. He declined to comment further.

Three locals at the bar on Monday night&#8212;all of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity&#8212;also confirmed that the altercation had occurred but declined to give any further details.

*sigh*

I'm not defending him....I simply said there was a lack of info to reach a solid conclusion. You claimed he confessed so I asked for a link to that confession and you respond by claiming I asked you to do my research for me? Do you understand when you make a claim you need to support it?

You're an idiot. If a white man had punched a black woman, you wouldn't spend a second defending him. All these self-hating white fuckwads need to get their own ears boxed. Zero credibility. If a black man raped your mother and shot your dad, YOU'D APOLOGIZE TO HIM FOR WALKING IN ON IT.

Walk in front of the D Train, please. We need fewer whites like you, pronto. Whites need to grow a spine, balls and two fists, and you're a bag of warm jelly.

I didn't know you Stormfront *****...yes you are a ****....were allowed outside your White Stripes. Only a **** like you would say something so idiotic as this then use the rep button to say you want to see a white dude blowing a black guy. Is that your repressed desire? It sounds like you fantasize about blowing black guys so why don't you simply admit to it instead of trying to Haggertize someone else?

Daniel Morgan, a local resident on 123rd Street who said he has known both the offender and the victim for around five years from frequenting Toast&#8212;said that he was in the bar earlier that evening but left before either arrived.

Morgan said he ran into Davis on the street on Saturday, when he saw her injuries from the fight. &#8220;Her right eye was closed from getting a beating,&#8221; he said, adding, &#8220;I told her, &#8216;We got to go to the 26th Precinct and report this immediately.&#8217;&#8221; According to Morgan, nobody in the bar on Friday night had made any calls to the police, and Davis did not initially report the assault because she was frightened.

&#8220;I told her, &#8216;You are not offending anyone. You were attacked,&#8217;&#8221; he said. Though he has seen McIntyre get vocal at the bar, Morgan said he had never seen McIntyre get violent.

He added, &#8220;What really pisses me off is that no one did anything about it.&#8221; Morgan said that he was not sure about what caused the fight, though he noted that, over the past two years, McIntyre has generally been involved in increasingly heated conversations in the bar.
Davis waited three days to inform the police, because, according to Morgan, &#8220;She was being pressured not to make waves.&#8221;

The bartender and Monday night manager, Jeremy&#8212;who declined to give his last name&#8212;said that he had heard that something happened but was not there on Friday night. He declined to comment further.

Three locals at the bar on Monday night&#8212;all of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity&#8212;also confirmed that the altercation had occurred but declined to give any further details.

*sigh*

Really? Is that why I said if he did it he should do time? You conveniently ignore that because you racist ***** know nothing but hate and ignorance.

*sigh*

Really? Is that why I said if he did it he should do time? You conveniently ignore that because you racist ***** know nothing but hate and ignorance.

Hey curvey, don't let anyone tell you that you're a pussy because you're not....... really. Is everyone a racist in your world pussy?

I think you are all being racist. As an African American man he only hit her as a sign of respect or to show how much he loved her.

Last edited:
It was an heated argumented that got out of hand and the professor lost his cool and threw a punch, no more, no less, far different than the white mobs who beat black people[mostly outnumbering the blacks by 20 to 1 like the cowards they are].

A professor, a man whoes entire profession is predicated on the ability to exchange ideas, heated or not, without violence, hits a woman (a sucker punch that would make Chris Brown's beating of Rihanna look like a Valintine's day card) and you defend it as payback for Jim Crow.

Well then I have the right to beat any African I meet for kicking my ancestors out of East Africa.

Last edited:
Why? Exactly, why did he (McIntyre) do it?

what reasonable man would do it for any reason? especially a 59 year old professor?

When you throw reasonable in there, it makes it look like you are judging or drawing a conclusion too soon. Although, at this point it may be safe to assume that McIntyre is at the very least unreasonable for punching that Woman (Davis) in the face. But, I like to know the complete story first before I conclude that he is unreasonable. This incident was not a random act. Also, because of McIntyre's profession, and because reasonable is subjective, it may be safe to assume he (McIntyre) thought it was reasonable to act or react with a punch. We need these questions answered first. That is why speculation is bad.

But, my point is what drove him over the edge?

What was his blood alcohol content?

A male professor of a prestigious university punching a Woman, who is a professor also. What made him (McIntyre) punch her?

So, unless this "Why?" question gets answered, the thread is relatively dead. Everyone can speculate all they want to, but that can go on forever.

What do you call it when you judge before complete knowledge of the facts?

By the way, stuff like this particular incident does NOT happen to innocent adults.

That is another possibility, which some of the posters seem to ignore.

I guess some people like to judge before a complete knowledge of the facts.

Forum List

Back