Black bear's late-night stroll through Gresham Oregon ends in fatal police shooting

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Black bear's late-night stroll through Gresham ends in fatal police shooting

If it would have been a polar bear, it would still be alive.

[
A black bear's long, late-night stroll through the streets of Gresham ended with a police officer fatally shooting the animal Friday morning, authorities said.

The officer fired bullets into the 5-foot beast as it roamed around the Benford Court Apartments on Northeast 181st Avenue around 2 a.m, said Ben Costigan, a Gresham police spokesman.

It died at the scene. Costigan said it would have taken animal control hours to tranquilize or capture the bear, which traveled along areas frequented by pedestrians.
/QUOTE]

[
A black bear's long, late-night stroll through the streets of Gresham ended with a police officer fatally shooting the animal Friday morning, authorities said.

The officer fired bullets into the 5-foot beast as it roamed around the Benford Court Apartments on Northeast 181st Avenue around 2 a.m, said Ben Costigan, a Gresham police spokesman.

It died at the scene. Costigan said it would have taken animal control hours to tranquilize or capture the bear, which traveled along areas frequented by pedestrians.
/QUOTE]

Lol sorry but that was funny

Why can't the shoot the animal with something that puts him to sleep for a few hours....

Always killing ... always kill kill kill ....makes me think who are the real savages, the beast or the man.

Why can't the shoot the animal with something that puts him to sleep for a few hours....

Always killing ... always kill kill kill ....makes me think who are the real savages, the beast or the man.

Would have been nice if they could have. Seems like someone from the Forest Service could have been called in to dart it, but maybe there just wasn't time and there was fear the bear was about to get a hold of somebody. Don't know the whole story yet.

Most cops don't carry something to put a bear to sleep, and they probably didn't want to wait until something like that could be found. I guess they could have tried showing him a rerun of a Herman Cain speech. That might have worked.

Would have been nice if they could have. Seems like someone from the Forest Service could have been called in to dart it, but maybe there just wasn't time and there was fear the bear was about to get a hold of somebody. Don't know the whole story yet.

Yes, well....a Vet Clinic is never too far..... something could have been arranged....I know what you mean....this happens just too often..... thus....they should always carry darts. Lesson for the future.

Most cops don't carry something to put a bear to sleep, and they probably didn't want to wait until something like that could be found. I guess they could have tried showing him a rerun of a Herman Cain speech. That might have worked.

Or showed him a picture of Hillary, and he would have made a run to get back to the woods.

Or showed him a picture of Hillary, and he would have made a run to get back to the woods.

Both at the same time Killary pic and dart

most effective

[

/QUOTE]
Even in the animal world blacks pay the ultimate price for their color.

Too many cops are too quick to shoot an animal. If you love your dog, better not let a cop into your home. If the cop "feels threatened" by a dog who is just looking out for his owners, you'll be burying that family member.

Last edited:

[

/QUOTE]

It's disgraceful I tell ya......

15nwwt.jpg

Too many cops are too quick to shoot an animal. If you love your dog, better not let a cop into your home. If the cop "feels threatened" by a dog who is just looking out for his owners, you'll be burying that family member.

Agreed. Cops are often too quick to shoot first. A wild bear loose in a residential neighborhood is not the same as a family pet that lives there though.

[

/QUOTE]

It's disgraceful I tell ya......

15nwwt.jpg
Hope that's not the puppy the damn cop shot!

Forum List

Back