Bizarre..my FICO score is 786 and Chase denies me a credit card

I only have 1 credit card that I keep a small running balance on in order to keep it active.

Because you must have a credit card for online purchase of airline tickets, reserve a hotel room, or to rent a car. Plus it's a good backup if you're traveling out of town and some kind of an emergency situation comes up. ... :cool:

I have my beloved Citibank card from 1989 "Driver's Edge" which accumulates cash for car purchases, but Amazon promoted a deal so I figured WTF. English speaking Americans this is no joke. This is what the letter said.

To paraphrase, "the decision was based on information from Experion," a really bad credit agency that allows for fraud and takes years to clear up even after providing them with documents like a real birth certificate and a real drivers licenses, that invariably get hacked to the dark web since they have no idea what they are doing. Then it says, "Experion played no part in our decision." LOL
Maybe they have read your posts

I have my beloved Citibank card from 1989 "Driver's Edge" which accumulates cash for car purchases, but Amazon promoted a deal so I figured WTF. English speaking Americans this is no joke. This is what the letter said.

To paraphrase, "the decision was based on information from Experion," a really bad credit agency that allows for fraud and takes years to clear up even after providing them with documents like a real birth certificate and a real drivers licenses, that invariably get hacked to the dark web since they have no idea what they are doing. Then it says, "Experion played no part in our decision." LOL
Chase rips people off.
Consider yourself lucky.

Chase rips people off.
Consider yourself lucky.

We like Chase. Everyone is friendly and great service.

Hmm..I was going to take out a small mortgage and pay it off just to boost credit score. That idea is not looking so good right now.

Don't do it unless you're going to add equity to the property or buy and asset with it that will increase in value more than the interest rate.

Which stories are you calling bullshit on? Because as soon as I paid my house off, the loan came off my credit report and decades of credit history were erased. I think I know a little bit more about my credit report than you do.

Sounds like BS to me... I paid off a mortgage in 2000, and my credit score stayed the same.

The fact you are a crazy person tells me there is more to the story here.

Sounds like BS to me... I paid off a mortgage in 2000, and my credit score stayed the same.

The fact you are a crazy person tells me there is more to the story here.

Joe. You give love a bad name, man. It's morning, so I'm going to be nice. I do my keyboard killin after noon.

But. As I said, I think I know a little more about my financial history than you do.

If the only credit a person has for thirty years is in the form of a mortgage loan and at around about the 20th year they take up a credit card or some other revolving credit, when they pay the mortgage off, the credit history for that mortgage gets dropped from their credit report and the credit report picks up at the next oldest revolving credit. In this case, it's the credit card 20 years later.

When you lose 20 years of credit history, it drops your credit/lending score.

Now. If any young person on this board stumbles over this thread some time and you're getting ready to buy a house, listen to what I'm telling you. Make sure you take up a credit card before you do take on the mortgage loan or some time very shortly thereafter. That way when you pay your mortgage off 25 or 30 years later, you'll keep all of those years of credit history, since you took up the revolving credit via the credit card around the same time you took on the mortgage loan. Just keep the credit card.

They probably turned you down because of debt to income ratio..

Snout's an accountant, he's probably on top of that. He puts on a good show for people, but he's actually pretty smart and well read.

But you're right, that's something that'll do it.

Forum List

Back