Bizarre Hypothetical Outcome of Impeachment

He was acquitted in the Senate. Case closed.

OJ was found not guilty as well. So are you saying because a bunch of corrupt Senators acquitted, Clinton didn't commit a felony?

Good point. I guess not.

So if a bunch of corrupt Senators acquit Trump, are you going to call out people who say he’s innocent?

No, because there was no just cause to impeach Trump. It's all made up. So in fact, the only Senators who are corrupt are those who vote to throw him out of office.

Trump was asking Ukraine to investigate his political opponent. We all know this but you claim that’s made up?

He asked Zelensky to "look into it" as a "favor." There was no investigation and there was no personal gain for Trump. It's all a lie.

So you’re saying it’s no big deal because he failed?

Who accused him of that?

Most of the Trump supporters on this forum.

Doubtful.
Then what do you think people want Biden investigates for?

We want to have him invested for how he got that job in the first place; a drug addict with no experience in the energy field; a guy that was not familiar with the country; a guy that didn't even know the language, and was paid 83K a month for basically doing nothing.

What did Burisma get in return? And was there indeed an investigation taking place by Shokin as he stated in the video. And if that can be proven, then it's clear that Joe's quid pro quo was to save his sons ass, and had nothing to do with US interests.

Unless you have evidence of a crime, it’s none of your business.

Do you?

No, I don't. Not yet. But I'll tell you what: there must be something there. Why would the commies create this fake impeachment right after they learned Trump asked Zelensky to look into the matter? Seemed like a real knee-jerk reaction if you ask me.

I do hope they find out. I hope they call Hunter to the Senate hearing and make him answer questions like these (and more) under oath. Same with the whistleblower.

Who accused him of that?

Doubtful.

We want to have him invested for how he got that job in the first place; a drug addict with no experience in the energy field; a guy that was not familiar with the country; a guy that didn't even know the language, and was paid 83K a month for basically doing nothing.

What did Burisma get in return? And was there indeed an investigation taking place by Shokin as he stated in the video. And if that can be proven, then it's clear that Joe's quid pro quo was to save his sons ass, and had nothing to do with US interests.

I personally do not care how he got the job.
Oh what he did. If anything.
People get positions all the time for their name on the letterhead.

The rest, yeah.

This is true, but usually those jobs are with legitimate companies within the US. A corrupt company like Burisma is a different story. More importantly than that is, why did Joe insist that Shokin be fired within hours of his demand unless it was something of urgency, and what was that urgency?

Let's get really weird and assume:

Trump has new evidence submitted and he resigns before impeachment. Pence is now President

Biden wins the Democratic nomination and defeats Pence in the popular vote and Electoral College by barely squeaking by.

The House of Representative flips to Republican control and McCarthy is named Speaker of the House.

The Senate remains in Republican hands with McConnell in charge.

Now, wouldn't Biden be subject to impeachment in the House on day one of his administration for his actions in Ukraine, claiming that if the prosecutor was not removed, they would not get the billion dollar loan guarantee?

The evidence is on tape and the Senate would be forced to remove him in a trial that could last one day. The Democrat VP would then become President.

Sound plausible?

One issue and he ( Biden ) was doing what Obama wanted done...

Another issue is if you do not have the votes for removal Democrats will not vote for it...

Final issue would be who is his VP?

If it is Warren then not a damn chance it happening...

Doubtful.

Do you?

No, I don't. Not yet. But I'll tell you what: there must be something there. Why would the commies create this fake impeachment right after they learned Trump asked Zelensky to look into the matter? Seemed like a real knee-jerk reaction if you ask me.

I do hope they find out. I hope they call Hunter to the Senate hearing and make him answer questions like these (and more) under oath. Same with the whistleblower.
Maybe, just maybe it isn’t fake?

Doubtful.

Do you?

It is fake. Not one violation of high crimes or misdemeanors. They charged him with obstruction, when Obama did the exact same thing. They charged him with trying to "dig up dirt" on his opponent, and nobody knew (and we still don't know) who his opponent was going to be, especially given the fact this took place back in July of last year. They sited a quid pro quo, yet Zelensky never looked into the Biden's as far as we know, and Trump never got anything in return for releasing military aid. Zelensky even said in public he didn't feel pressure of any kind from President Trump.

So how are their charges genuine or justified?

Do you?

It is fake. Not one violation of high crimes or misdemeanors. They charged him with obstruction, when Obama did the exact same thing. They charged him with trying to "dig up dirt" on his opponent, and nobody knew (and we still don't know) who his opponent was going to be, especially given the fact this took place back in July of last year. They sited a quid pro quo, yet Zelensky never looked into the Biden's as far as we know, and Trump never got anything in return for releasing military aid. Zelensky even said in public he didn't feel pressure of any kind from President Trump.

Obama didn't do the exact same thing. Trump sees Biden as a political opponent. The aid was released before Zelinsky made the announcement because Trump's drug deal was exposed.

You're not being truthful.

Do you?

Obama didn't do the exact same thing. Trump sees Biden as a political opponent. The aid was released before Zelinsky made the announcement because Trump's drug deal was exposed.

And that's more Democrat BS. Think for a minute: If the Democrats suspected that Trump was going to use a quid pro quo, why didn't they wait until he actually did it? Why did they go into panic mode when they discovered that Trump asked Zelensky to look into Burisma and the Biden's? Then they might have had a solid case.

Judge rejects Obama's executive privilege claim over Fast and Furious records

Do you?

And that's more Democrat BS. Think for a minute: If the Democrats suspected that Trump was going to use a quid pro quo, why didn't they wait until he actually did it? Why did they go into panic mode when they discovered that Trump asked Zelensky to look into Burisma and the Biden's? Then they might have had a solid case.

The Obama administration complied with dozens of Congressional requests for documents and testimony in the Fast and Furious investigation.

Trump has blocked EVERY request. It's not the exact same thing. Not by a mile.

If someone is sticking a gun at the bank teller, do you stop the robbery right away or do you let them leave with the money and go find where they went the next day?

Trump has new evidence submitted and he resigns before impeachment. Pence is now President

Biden wins the Democratic nomination and defeats Pence in the popular vote and Electoral College by barely squeaking by.

The House of Representative flips to Republican control and McCarthy is named Speaker of the House.

Now, wouldn't Biden be subject to impeachment in the House on day one of his administration for his actions in Ukraine, claiming that if the prosecutor was not removed, they would not get the billion dollar loan guarantee?

The evidence is on tape and the Senate would be forced to remove him in a trial that could last one day. The Democrat VP would then become President.

Sound plausible?

Yes and no.

This Senate wouldn't impeach Trump if we had proof he had turned our nuclear codes over to Putin.

But lets say that Biden did get elected and the Republicans controlled the House- the House could impeach Biden for anything it felt like. The House could impeach him for being too old. Too Democrat. Too nice. Whatever it wants.

Could the House impeach Biden for implementing White House policy openly and legally for the benefit of the United States as Biden did?

The House could absolutely impeach Biden for that.

Do you?

Trump released the funds right after the Administration was forced to tell the House about the whistleblower complaint. Trump had already withheld the funds- he only released them after Americans were going to find out why he was withholding them for his own political benefit.

Trump released the funds right after the Administration was forced to tell the House about the whistleblower complaint. Trump had already withheld the funds- he only released them after Americans were going to find out why he was withholding them for his own political benefit.

You don't know that nor can prove it. That's why this whole impeachment thing is a scam. If they thought that's why Trump was holding back funds, why didn't they give him enough rope to hang himself? Why not actually let him do what they thought he was doing? Then they might have had a real case.

Sound plausible?

Yes and no.

This Senate wouldn't impeach Trump if we had proof he had turned our nuclear codes over to Putin.

But lets say that Biden did get elected and the Republicans controlled the House- the House could impeach Biden for anything it felt like. The House could impeach him for being too old. Too Democrat. Too nice. Whatever it wants.

Could the House impeach Biden for implementing White House policy openly and legally for the benefit of the United States as Biden did?

The House could absolutely impeach Biden for that.

The Democrats set the precedent now. You can impeach a President because you hate him. Republicans will follow suit the next time a commie gets to be President.

Sound plausible?
Without a doubt Republicans would impeach Biden at any chance they get

They impeached over a blow job.......of course they would impeach

The Obama administration complied with dozens of Congressional requests for documents and testimony in the Fast and Furious investigation.

If someone is sticking a gun at the bank teller, do you stop the robbery right away or do you let them leave with the money and go find where they went the next day?

That's irrelevant because he only gave them the documents he wanted to give--not what they wanted. So the Republicans did the proper thing, and that is to let the courts decide if executive privilege applied in that particular situation. The Democrats should have done the same. But instead of properly letting the courts conclude the case, they decided they were going to be judge and jury.

Supreme Court ruling pulls rug out from under article of impeachment

Sound plausible?
Welcome to Bizzarro World

That's irrelevant because he only gave them the documents he wanted to give--not what they wanted. So the Republicans did the proper thing, and that is to let the courts decide if executive privilege applied in that particular situation. The Democrats should have done the same. But instead of properly letting the courts conclude the case, they decided they were going to be judge and jury.

You said it was the exact same thing. I explained how it wasn’t. Obama didn’t want to turn anything over but did because they recognize Congressional oversight in principle.

Trump refusing to send anything is an obvious abuse.

It’s definitely not the exact same thing.

You said it was the exact same thing. I explained how it wasn’t. Obama didn’t want to turn anything over but did because they recognize Congressional oversight in principle.

Trump refusing to send anything is an obvious abuse.

It’s definitely not the exact same thing.

Do you know how ridiculous that is? What you're in essence saying is that because DumBama turned over documents he knew couldn't hurt him, but kept the documents that could have, that was okay and not impeachable. But Trump withholding all documents they want is? What kind of logic is that??? Either withholding documents from the Congress is obstruction or it isn't. There is no percentage like that I'm aware of. Are you???

I think every president going forward will be impeached because of the bar democrats set.

Y’all impeached Clinton. Did you forget that?

Clinton committed an actual crime. Lying to avoid paying the money he owed a broad for sexually harassing her. And i don't care if the gal posed in Playboy, Penthouse or Gargantuan Butts magazine, that doesn't give anyone license to sexually harass them.

Forum List

Back