"Bishop" Romney.

Yep. Seems that he's a cleric. It's nothing all that new..that a cleric runs for public office. Heck, places like Iran are governed by clerics. And clerics have ran in past elections like Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson and Pat Robertson.

Mitt Romney, an active man of faith - Los Angeles Times

Romney, an active man of faith

The Republican presidential candidate doesn't talk much about his role in the Mormon Church, but he served as a bishop in a Boston-area church and presided over 12 congregations as stake president.

December 07, 2011|By Alana Semuels, Los Angeles Times

Reporting from Belmont, Mass. — In a closely-knit Mormon congregation, Ronnie Catalano was a problem Mitt Romney wanted to solve.

As bishop — a position akin to priest or pastor — Romney presided over a fast-growing flock that included Catalano's wife, Sandy, a new convert. Ronnie, a cigarette smoking, wine-drinking Catholic, had accused Sandy of ruining their family by becoming Mormon. He tried to prevent her from attending church and from donating their money in the Mormon tradition of tithing.

Personally? I wouldn't vote for a cleric..no matter what the party.

But that's just me..I hate theocracy. :D

You are aware there is no formal training and that any elder in good standing can be called to be Bishop of his area? That every member in good standing is part of the Priesthood? There are 2 Priesthoods as described in the Bible. As a youngster you serve in the lower Priesthood and as an Adult in good standing you become an Elder and serve as called.

Women also have callings and positions of authority in the Church.

What lies, Nazi Bitch?

Sand gettin ya today? Sandy?

you should really educate yourself, but, why change, you posted the link, did you read it or just fly off on the vagina monologues? if you argue the soros situation has no merit ala nazism, I would think, you be , well smart enough to not play the ratzinger game. but, you're not...carry on, have another one, its almost noon.

Ratzinger was a profoundly bad choice for pope. And it was made after a profoundly good choice, John Paul. I'm not religious..but heck, when someone makes some moves toward reconciliation with people that were wronged..I give them credit.

Ratzinger set that whole movement back.

I'll forward your opinion to the college of cardinals...so, wtf does all of this have to do with YOUR OP?

Yep. Seems that he's a cleric. It's nothing all that new..that a cleric runs for public office. Heck, places like Iran are governed by clerics. And clerics have ran in past elections like Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson and Pat Robertson.

The Republican presidential candidate doesn't talk much about his role in the Mormon Church, but he served as a bishop in a Boston-area church and presided over 12 congregations as stake president.

Reporting from Belmont, Mass. — In a closely-knit Mormon congregation, Ronnie Catalano was a problem Mitt Romney wanted to solve.

As bishop — a position akin to priest or pastor — Romney presided over a fast-growing flock that included Catalano's wife, Sandy, a new convert. Ronnie, a cigarette smoking, wine-drinking Catholic, had accused Sandy of ruining their family by becoming Mormon. He tried to prevent her from attending church and from donating their money in the Mormon tradition of tithing.

REALLY? Sounds more like a position of maybe that of an elder in other religious churches

Bishop is the highest priesthood office of the Aaronic priesthood in the Latter Day Saint movement, and is leader of the Aaronic priesthood in a given ward or congregation. It is almost always held by one who already holds the Melchizedek Priesthood office of high priest and who serves as the leader of a local congregation of church members. The Latter Day Saint concept of the office differs significantly from the role of bishops in other Christian denominations, being in some respects more analogous to a pastor or parish priest. Each bishop serves with two counselors, which together form a bishopric.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop_(Latter_Day_Saints)

You people are really stretching the leftwing talking points without even vetting them.
Sounds more like being led around like sheep, or maybe willfully ignorant.

All Mormon's are clerics, something I am sure others have already pointed out. I just wanted my chance to say...

Idiot.

Forum List

Back