Birthday Celebration!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Today is the birthday of the 21st President, 1830....Chester A. Arthur....he succeeded James A. Garfield upon the latter's assassination.

Lots of interesting things about Chet....
1. He was a Republican...I'll get to why that's important.

2. He was born 30 years before the first Republican was elected.

3. He was a Phi Beta Kappa honoree....but I'll bet the Democrats said he was 'stoooopid'...it's what they claim about every Republican.

4. Born in Vermont...but his point of election was New York....one of six US Presidents.

5. On January 16, 1883, he signed the Pendleton Civil Service Act, making civil service less a political plum.

6. As a young lawyer, he defended Lizzie Jennings, a black woman who had been thrown off a NYC horse-drawn carriage due to her color
This was waaaaay before Rosa Parks, but it documents the imtimate relationship between Republicans and civil rights.
From the start!

Elizabeth Jennings Graham (March 1827 – June 8, 1901) was an African-American teacher and civil rights figure.

In 1854, Graham insisted on her right to ride on an available New York City streetcar, at a time when all such companies were private and most operated segregated cars. Her case was decided in her favor in 1855, and it led to the eventual desegregation of all New York City transit systems by 1865.
Elizabeth Jennings Graham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Arthur was corrupt. Even in todays standards. Remember when he got thrown out of his customs collector job for giving jobs to people so they donate to his party?
Not surprised you speak high of him.. or the fact that you probably didn't know that..

Today is the birthday of the 21st President, 1830....Chester A. Arthur....he succeeded James A. Garfield upon the latter's assassination.

3. He was a Phi Beta Kappa honoree....but I'll bet the Democrats said he was 'stoooopid'...it's what they claim about every Republican.

4. Born in Vermont...but his point of election was New York....one of six US Presidents.

5. On January 16, 1883, he signed the Pendleton Civil Service Act, making civil service less a political plumb.

6. As a young lawyer, he defended Lizzie Jennings, a black woman who had been thrown off a NYC horse-drawn carriage due to her color
This was waaaaay before Rosa Parks, but it documents the imtimate relationship between Republicans and civil rights.
From the start!

Elizabeth Jennings Graham (March 1827 – June 8, 1901) was an African-American teacher and civil rights figure.

In 1854, Graham insisted on her right to ride on an available New York City streetcar, at a time when all such companies were private and most operated segregated cars. Her case was decided in her favor in 1855, and it led to the eventual desegregation of all New York City transit systems by 1865.
I don't understand... how does that prove that FDR and/or Obama hate and want to destroy America?

5. On January 16, 1883, he signed the Pendleton Civil Service Act, making civil service less a political plumb.

From the start!

I don't understand... how does that prove that FDR and/or Obama hate and want to destroy America?
Amazing isn't it? And not one mention of liberals solely destroying the USA from within.

From the start!

Amazing isn't it? And not one mention of liberals solely destroying the USA from within.
Maybe the UN used ICANN to hack her

Three out of four assassinated presidents were republicans and compared to the modern democrat party you could almost characterize the 4th assassinated president, JFK (ask not what your Country can do for you), today as a conservative republican.

5. On January 16, 1883, he signed the Pendleton Civil Service Act, making civil service less a political plum.

From the start!

And we wouldn't have Die Hard III without him.

Three out of four assassinated presidents were republicans and compared to the modern democrat party you could almost characterize the 4th assassinated president, JFK (ask not what your Country can do for you), today as a conservative republican.

Good point.

1. ....every presidential assassin in the history of the nation has been a liberal- or has not been associated with a political outlook- none were right-wingers.

a. Lee Harvey Oswald, who shot JFK, had been a communist ever since he read a communist pamphlet about the Rosenbergs. As soon as he was arrested, he called John Abt, lawyer for the American Communist Party. "CIA confirmed Oswald contacted Cubans, Soviets before assassination, memo shows" CIA confirmed Oswald contacted Cubans, Soviets before assassination, memo shows

2. And.....
a. Sirhan Sirhan, who killed Robert Kennedy, was a Palestinian who hated Kennedy’s support of Israel.

b. Arthur Bremer shot George Wallace in 1972, due to Wallace’s support for segregation. http://basicfamouspeople.com//index.php?aid=7134 Upon his release, Bremer showed no remorse: “ ‘shooting segregationist dinosaurs’ is not like shooting people because ‘they are extinct by act of God.’ This mention of God was the only blemish on Bremer’s otherwise impeccable liberal credentials.”
Coulter, “Guilty,” p. 260.

c. Lynette ‘Squeaky’ Fromme, tried to shoot President Ford because she was incensed about the plight of the California redwoods.
http://minx.cc/?blog=86&post=209933

d. Sara Jane Moore also tried to kill President Ford because “the government had declared war on the left.”
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local&id=4900159

e. John Hinckley shot President Reagan to impress a girl. The jury found him “not guilty by reason of insanity.” “”…which is as good a definition of liberalism as I’ve heard.”
Coulter, “Guilty.” P. 260.

3. Throughout our history, only two senators and two congressmen have been assassinated. The first and last were killed by Democrats for political reasons. (The other two, for nonpolitical reasons.) Republican James Hinds of Arkansas was killed in 1868 by secretary of the Democratic Committee for Monroe County and KKK member, George A. Clark. Democrat representative Leo Ryan was shot in 1978 by Jim Jones left-wing cult in Guyana. The other two were Senator Huey Long, and Senator Robert Kennedy (for supporting aid to Israel). http://www.scribd.com/doc/46521198/CRS-Congress-Deaths

From the start!

And we wouldn't have Die Hard III without him.

???

I need help with this one, Unk

Die Hard III? The one with Samuel Jackson? The bad guy was threatening to blow up a school in NYC?

Forum List

Back