Birth of a Nation

The ClayTaurus said:
But see, it's a bad comparison.

You don't go to jail for no reason, and you still get livable conditions and square meals. Hell, you can get TV and all sorts of other shit in prison. Prison and slavery are not even floating in the same lake, let alone in the same boat.

I wasn't trying to equate prison with slavery. In some ways slavery is less onerous than being in prison. At least as a slave you get to crap in private.

I was making the point about human adaptability, which is what this latter part of the thread is about.

Said1 said:
Oh yeah, anyone can adjust to fudge packing and ritual group violence. After awhile, it becomes enjoyable and habit forming. So much so that breaking the law again and again becomes a necessity in order to go back to Shangrila. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm be obnoxious.

Some do. And being a social situation prison has its own lore. For example, if you are the one doing the penetrating then you're not gay, but the bloke being penetrated is gay. The penetrator, when released and able to get the company of women is still, in his eyes, heterosexual, but the penetrated.....bad news......not hetero any more.

You've also touched on an argument against prisons, the universities of crime. Have you been keeping up with what's been happening in Sao Paolo in Brazil?

Diuretic said:
Some do. And being a social situation prison has its own lore. For example, if you are the one doing the penetrating then you're not gay, but the bloke being penetrated is gay. The penetrator, when released and able to get the company of women is still, in his eyes, heterosexual, but the penetrated.....bad news......not hetero any more.

I would argue that the bitch isn't gay and the other is bi and probably more interested in inflicting pain on frightened neeewwwbs.

You've also touched on an argument against prisons, the universities of crime. Have you been keeping up with what's been happening in Sao Paolo in Brazil?

Prison culture is interesting to say the least, however I wouldn't argue against them.

What's happening in Sao Paolo? Are they giving out needles and condoms?

No needles and condoms. An organised crime gang which emanated from Sao Paolo's prisons has been rioting and killing both in prisons and in the province and city. Lots of people murdered. Cops are now killing the gang members when they see them. It's quite the little war.

Diuretic said:
No needles and condoms. An organised crime gang which emanated from Sao Paolo's prisons has been rioting and killing both in prisons and in the province and city. Lots of people murdered. Cops are now killing the gang members when they see them. It's quite the little war.

I remember watching a documentary about one of Brazil's prisons, probably that one. What sticks out in my mind is the living arragements, or better, how one goes about finding a place to sleep. Let's just put it this way, if given a choice, I'd rather adapt to being a female slave in 1840. I think the prison was mixed to, meaning women and men, imprisoned together. *shudder*

This thread kinda makes me shudder. I'm assuming it's not what you guys are trying to say, but it certainly seems like you're trying like hell to defend the KKK and slavery.

And anybody that has gay sex is gay. Doesn't matter which end you're on. Sorry!

Dan said:
This thread kinda makes me shudder. I'm assuming it's not what you guys are trying to say, but it certainly seems like you're trying like hell to defend the KKK and slavery.

Hardly, though I think the original purpose of the KKK was actually, mostly a good thing. When it turned into a group whose primary purpose was racism, it got ugly.

And anybody that has gay sex is gay. Doesn't matter which end you're on. Sorry!

The recievers in jail are usually raped.

Hardly, though I think the original purpose of the KKK was actually, mostly a good thing. When it turned into a group whose primary purpose was racism, it got ugly.

I've got no dog in this fight, the only KKK I've ever known is the current one and I've done no research on the older KKK, so I can't argue. My main point was that for someone who doesn't know you or Diuretic (now that I think about it, I don't really know who Diuretic is), it could look like this is Klan support.

The recievers in jail are usually raped.

Good point. OK, amendment: anybody who willingly has gay sex is gay.

Forum List

Back