Birth control saves money. MORE RW idiocy...D'OH!

Wait a minute, I just saw numbers in the 60's

Each year, public funding for family planning prevents about 1.94 million unintended pregnancies, including almost 400,000 teen pregnancies. Preventing these pregnancies results in 860,000 fewer unintended births, 810,000 fewer abortions and 270,000 fewer miscarriages. More than nine in 10 women receiving publicly-funded family planning services would be eligible for Medicaid-funded prenatal, delivery, and postpartum care services upon pregnancy. Avoiding the significant costs associated with these unintended births saves taxpayers $4 for every $1 spent on family planning.

Evidence that expanding access to contraception through Medicaid is unequivocal: Increased access saves taxpayer money.

During the 1990s, HHS states:

...many states implemented Medicaid Section 1115 Family Planning Demonstrations. An independent evaluation of the experience of six of these states found that all six Demonstrations yielded savings, with annual state savings ranging between $1.3 million in New Mexico and nearly $30 million in Arkansas.

As of August 1, 2010, 27 states, including States like Pennsylvania, Texas, Florida, and Virginia had expanded Medicaid eligibility for family planning services under waivers that stipulated that these expansions be budget neutral. Based on this experience, the Congressional Budget Office has estimated that expanding family planning to all States would save $400 million over 10 years.

Why would insurance companies provide contraception without a co-pay to their female employees? The answers are clear.

The Cost of Contraception in Insurance Plans: What the Data Say | RH Reality Check

http://www.cluw.org/PDF/ContraceptiveCoverageSavesMoney.pdf

http://www.nwlc.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/contraceptive_coverage_saves_money_fact_sheet.pdf

Disease Management Care Blog: White House: "Covering contraception is cost neutral since it saves money" - The Birth Control Controversy and Using Today's Costs for Tomorrow's Savings

The Cost of Covering Contraceptives through Health Insurance: ASPE Issue Brief

More sources, Facts, and up to date numbers.

That do absolutely nothing to prove the theory that the advent of low cost, widely available contraceptives have saved us any money at all. It's just more blathering about a theory that has never been proven. The NUMBERS show an astronomical leap, followed by steady increase (except for a brief hiccup in the 90s when welfare reform cut a wide swath in the rolls) in welfare recipients, teen pregnancy and illegitimate birth since the advent of public birth control and legal abortion.

There's no argument, it is what it is. You can make up pie in the sky numbers "by golly ahem and haw if it wasn't for abortion and birth control it would be SO MUCH WORSE". Which is lovely...except before abortion and birth control...it WASN'T worse.

can you not fucking read?

Absolutely. Apparently you can't.

Your links do nothing to counter my stats. They are simply a collection of bloviating nonsense and "projections" (i.e., "make believe") that assert what we already know...despite the availability of abortion adn birth control, teen pregnancy, out of wedlock birth, and abortion have continued to increase despite the easy availability of free birth control, sex ed, and legal abortion. I know that there are a lot of pregnancies halted by abortion, and I know that there are a lot we can assume are prevented by birth control...but there are STILL MORE than there were before those things were available to the public. Your links and commentary do nothing to disprove my point, you're simply making another one. It's bait and switch.

Last edited:
That do absolutely nothing to prove the theory that the advent of low cost, widely available contraceptives have saved us any money at all. It's just more blathering about a theory that has never been proven. The NUMBERS show an astronomical leap, followed by steady increase (except for a brief hiccup in the 90s when welfare reform cut a wide swath in the rolls) in welfare recipients, teen pregnancy and illegitimate birth since the advent of public birth control and legal abortion.

There's no argument, it is what it is. You can make up pie in the sky numbers "by golly ahem and haw if it wasn't for abortion and birth control it would be SO MUCH WORSE". Which is lovely...except before abortion and birth control...it WASN'T worse.

can you not fucking read?

Absolutely. Apparently you can't.

Your links do nothing to counter my stats. They are simply a collection of bloviating nonsense and "projections" (i.e., "make believe") that assert what we already know...despite the availability of abortion adn birth control, teen pregnancy, out of wedlock birth, and abortion have continued to increase despite the easy availability of free birth control, sex ed, and legal abortion. I know that there are a lot of pregnancies halted by abortion, and I know that there are a lot we can assume are prevented by birth control...but there are STILL MORE than there were before those things were available to the public. Your links and commentary do nothing to disprove my point, you're simply making another one. It's bait and switch.

Kinda ironic to be bitching at me for numbers when you are just telling me to trust your word.
Your statistics from earlier were non-existant because you only based them on coincidences. You need to have trials before you claim something.

My proof was better than yours, even if it was not to your standards. (you couldn't even provide what you asked for, lmao)
Learn not to be two faced on matters

No, your proof wasn't proof. And I never said to trust my word. Which is why I provided the stats and links.

No, there are lots of numbers that show that the rate of illegitimate birth, abortion, teen birth..even crime and child abuse...have increased in lockstep with the availability of birth control and to-order baby killing.

Which puts the lie to the ridiculous assertion that "birth control saves money". Maybe your common sense tells you that...but the numbers tell a completely different story. If you have something else, please share.

You can't because there is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE that birth control saves anyone anything. And there never will be because the statement that birth control saves money is a LIE. If it were true, you'd be able to trot out those figures as easily as I trotted out mine. And they'd mean something (aside: fake numbers and projections mean nada...they are known as "ass numbers" because they are extracted from someone's...usually the person using them....ass.)

I can save more money not buying any form of birth control and simply taking responsibility for my actions and making delibrate choices.

Bingo.

There are no numbers and no studies that can determine how much money birth control saves...but there are lots of numbers and studies on the incidence of out of wedlock birth, abortion (and the industry agrees abortion is wildly underreported) and welfare recipient roll numbers that show those numbers have done nothing but increase. So where is the money being saved, if we are spending more than ever?

It makes no sense at all...which is why the progressives are clinging to it. The more nonsensical and outlandish, and incorrect, a theory is, the harder they stick to it.

No, there are lots of numbers that show that the rate of illegitimate birth, abortion, teen birth..even crime and child abuse...have increased in lockstep with the availability of birth control and to-order baby killing.

Which puts the lie to the ridiculous assertion that "birth control saves money". Maybe your common sense tells you that...but the numbers tell a completely different story. If you have something else, please share.

You can't because there is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE that birth control saves anyone anything. And there never will be because the statement that birth control saves money is a LIE. If it were true, you'd be able to trot out those figures as easily as I trotted out mine. And they'd mean something (aside: fake numbers and projections mean nada...they are known as "ass numbers" because they are extracted from someone's...usually the person using them....ass.)
Right, women on birth control are more apt to get pregnant. :lol:

Bingo.

There are no numbers and no studies that can determine how much money birth control saves...but there are lots of numbers and studies on the incidence of out of wedlock birth, abortion (and the industry agrees abortion is wildly underreported) and welfare recipient roll numbers that show those numbers have done nothing but increase. So where is the money being saved, if we are spending more than ever?

It makes no sense at all...which is why the progressives are clinging to it. The more nonsensical and outlandish, and incorrect, a theory is, the harder they stick to it.

Miss Pro Child Abuse Girl wades in.

With more pro child abuse nonsense.

Birth control prevents out of wedlock births, prevents abortions, and prevents child abuse.

Obama was talking about a different plan causing energy costs to “skyrocket.” As the Associated Press noted in fact-checking Palin’s book, Obama was not talking about the cap-and-trade legislation that has since passed in the House when he referred to energy costs “necessarily skyrocket[ting].” When Obama made that statement to the San Francisco Chronicle editorial board in January 2008, he was describing a cap-and-trade proposal that would auction off 100 percent of available carbon allowances, and he made no mention at the time of a plan to compensate consumers for potential cost increases. But as PolitiFact.com noted, the Waxman-Markey bill initially would distribute most of the carbon allocations for free and contains substantial provisions to offset costs to consumers, and thus “should reduce costs to consumers.”

Palin

PURE PUBCRAPPE....bc SAVES MONEY. tRY COMPARING IT TO A BIRTH, OR THR 40% OF PEOPLE COLLECTING WELFARE WHO ARE SINGLE MOTHERS...

Bingo.

Miss Pro Child Abuse Girl wades in.

With more pro child abuse nonsense.

Birth control prevents out of wedlock births, prevents abortions, and prevents child abuse.

You're a foul piece of shit. Do you have any redeeming qualities? Because I wouldn't have you as a pet in a cage.

Right, women on birth control are more apt to get pregnant. :lol:

That's right, single women on birth control are more likely to get pregnant than single women not on birth control.

Do you ever read the stuff I post? I get tired of constantly looking up things to support a statement I make, when I've already posted it once, or twice, or three times. Just sayin. I hope people appreciate the effort it takes for me to have to dig up the same stuff over and over.

" the Alan Guttmacher Institute in New York estimates that up to 49 percent of the pregnancies in the U.S. are unplanned. This includes pregnancies happening both inside marriage (or committed relationships) and those happening to single women. In fact, the study shows that 48 percent of women under 44 have been through an unplanned pregnancy at some point in their lives."

That is a huge increase of unplanned pregnancies since birth control became readily available.

Read more: Unplanned Pregnancy Statistics | eHow.com Unplanned Pregnancy Statistics | eHow.com

"In the U.S., 82 percent of teenage pregnancies are unplanned. The number rose significantly in 2007, reaching the highest number of the last 15 years. According to the Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics, the 4-percent increase may be due to a feeling of isolation and the idea that having a baby will fill this void. Still, most teenage pregnancies are not planned and 90 percent of teens claim absolute surprise when they are told they are expecting."

Yes, that's because it doesn't matter how young you teach them, or how specific you are, it's NOT A GOOD IDEA TO TEACH CHILDREN HOW TO FUCK or let them know you expect them to. The more you teach them that kids can have sex and often do, the more of them will continue to do just that. The more you use abortino to protect the people who get them pregnant the more people will be getting them pregnant and otherwise abusing them.

"
Lawrence B. Finer and Mia R. Zolna conducted the new study, which compares the 1994 data to 2006 figures, and it found that, in 1994, the unintended pregnancy rate among women with incomes below the federal poverty line was 88 per 1,000 women aged 15–44. That increased to 120 in 2001 and 132 in 2006—a 50% rise over the period. At the same time, the rate among higher-income women (those with incomes at or above 200% of the poverty line) fell from 34 in 1994 to 28 in 2001 and 24 in 2006—a 29% decrease.
“Poor women’s high rate of unintended pregnancy results in their also having high—and increasing—rates of both abortions (52 per 1,000) and unplanned births (66 per 1,000). In 2006, poor women had an unintended pregnancy rate five times that of higher-income women, and an unintended birth rate six times as high,” the new report showed.
“Analyzing U.S. government data from the National Survey of Family Growth and other sources, Finer and Zolna found that of the 6.7 million pregnancies in 2006, nearly half (49%) were unintended. Although some unintended pregnancies are accepted or even welcomed, more than four in ten (43%) end in abortion,” the study indicates. The figures make it clear that the birth control and contraception Planned Parenthood and abortion advocates promote are not working to prevent either unplanned pregnancies or abortions."

Study: Birth Control Not Stopping Unplanned Pregnancies, Abortions | LifeNews.com

And the link to the Guttmacher article on the same, which states the above in the first few paragraphs:

Disparities in Unintended Pregnancy Grow, Even As National Rate Stagnates

Guttmacher's suggestion:

MORE ABORTIONS for poor people! The disparity is disturbing, we must kill more of their babies!Oh and while we're at it, let's redistribute wealth as well! This is caused by social and economic INEQUITY!

"Guttmacher Institute President and CEO Sharon Camp said: “The growing disparity in unplanned pregnancy rates between poor and higher-income women—which reflects persistent, similar disparities across a range of health and social indicators—is deeply troubling. Addressing them all requires not only improved access to reproductive health care, but also looking to broader social and economic inequities. At a minimum, however, we must ensure that all women, and particularly those who are most vulnerable, have access to the education and range of reproductive health services and counseling they need in order to plan the pregnancies they want and prevent the ones they don’t.”

Disparities in Unintended Pregnancy Grow, Even As National Rate Stagnates

Last edited:

Forum List

Back