Birth control is the reason everything has been falling apart since 1965

Why? Because I think people should be free to use birth control if they so wish? It's really none of your business anyways, Mrs. Kravitz.
I didn't say it was my business. I am only telling people that if they use birth control within their marriage, they are more likely to end up getting divorced. People can take my advice, or ignore it.

You haven't offered a shred of evidence that married people whom use birth control are more likely to get divorced.
I thought I posted a link showing that couples who use natural family planning have a divorce rate of 0.2%, which is one in 500 marriages. That is far below the national average.

You haven't posted a single link in this thread.
lifeissues.net | The Practice of Natural Family Planning Versus the Use of Artificial Birth Control:

The point of posting links isn't just to make yourself look more intelligent, it's so that it can back up the argument you are making at any particular point. Posting a source in its own without the argument before is pointless.

Why? Because I think people should be free to use birth control if they so wish? It's really none of your business anyways, Mrs. Kravitz.
I didn't say it was my business. I am only telling people that if they use birth control within their marriage, they are more likely to end up getting divorced. People can take my advice, or ignore it.

You haven't offered a shred of evidence that married people whom use birth control are more likely to get divorced.
I thought I posted a link showing that couples who use natural family planning have a divorce rate of 0.2%, which is one in 500 marriages. That is far below the national average.

lifeissues.net | The Practice of Natural Family Planning Versus the Use of Artificial Birth Control:

Thanks. I'll give a good read in the morning.

Thanks. I'll give a good read in the morning.
It appears to fit the data to their pre-drawn conclusions.

In addition, it makes great use of adjectives to inflate those conclusions even where the data doesn't support it. The most glaring issue is that it draws conclusions only among Catholics but doesn't mention problems with "lapsed" Catholics, how looser divorce laws contributed to increased divorces nor numerous other factors which explains a higher divorce rate.

Last edited:
Even if you're not religious, the use of birth control within your marriage will cause discord in your sexual relationship. The husband will begin to see his wife as an object to be used for sexual gratification, without concern for her needs. The wife will begin to resent the selfish attitude of her husband. The availability of birth control means that both parties are more likely to stray into infidelity, and once that starts, trust is destroyed.
Not everyone thinks like you do.
I'm not telling you what I think. I'm telling you what is really happening. I was married for a very long time. I know quite a bit about this topic.

30+ years and my parents and in-law were married till death

You have a limited knowledge of life

I've seen the best and worst around the world of families and relationships.

You live in some illusion that exist only for you

Sex is vital, in marriage or outside it. It is far more than just procreation.

Children are not always in the cards, with or without protection. Some don't want children at all.

Sex is healthy and pleasurable and beneficial for body and mind.

Sex is vital for a good marriage before children and even into old age, as long as both are physically able.

People have been doing it since the dawn of time and and will till the end of it.

If you have your own ideas that work for you, so be it, but don't expect others to feel the way you do. Don't tell the rest of us what to do or what is "right". It is only right for you.

Everyone else will enjoy in our way and time as much as we want.

Another survey of top ten reasons for divorce. The results are similar but, again, no mention of birth control. Maybe they didn't survey enough Catholics?

10 Common Reasons for Divorce | eHarmony Advice

Birth control screwed it all up for the church because catholics suddenly had the power to decide for themselves whether they wanted to have a dozen children or not and if they ever came to hate each other they no longer had the dilemma of thinking they had to stay together in a toxic atmosphere for the sake of their many children..

Another survey of top ten reasons for divorce. The results are similar but, again, no mention of birth control. Maybe they didn't survey enough Catholics?

Birth control screwed it all up for the church because catholics suddenly had the power to decide for themselves whether they wanted to have a dozen children or not and if they ever came to hate each other they no longer had the dilemma of thinking they had to stay together in a toxic atmosphere for the sake of their many children..
No doubt there is a conflict between the religious meme of "be fruitful and multiply" vs. modern civilization. A common idea of procreation that has existed among human beings for all of known history cannot be easily overcome with just a couple generations of medical technology.

No doubt there is a conflict between the religious meme of "be fruitful and multiply" vs. modern civilization. A common idea of procreation that has existed among human beings for all of known history cannot be easily overcome with just a couple generations of medical technology.

Of course you are right but if people realized that the command to be fruitful and multiply has nothing whatever to do with procreation it would take about 6 days.

When Jesus said to his disciples to bear fruit in plenty so that people would know that they were his disciples, was he telling them to make babies?

Of course you are right but if people realized that the command to be fruitful and multiply has nothing whatever to do with procreation it would take about 6 days.

When Jesus said to his disciples to bear fruit in plenty so that people would know that they were his disciples, was he telling them to make babies?

Industrialized nations often recognize that reproducing ourselves is not a necessity. However, most of the world's population remains poor and non-industrialized. Producing kids is a means of survival; it improves a family's chances of survival through subsistence living/working, the young take care of the old (retirement plan). It's been the way of humanity for a couple hundred thousand years. Changing it will not happen in 6 decades much less 6 days.

No on Jesus. The quote I referenced was from Genesis 1:28.

Well, this thread has generated a lot of hatred but none of you are ready to question the ideas your liberal teachers and professors have brainwashed you with. You have bought into all the lies of the eugenics/overpopulation agenda. My guess is that some of you are ready to take the next step, which is genocide of poor people and minorities.
So birth control pills are like the gateway drug to genocide?

Forum List

Back