Birth Cert stuff

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
I have to say I find it ridiculous that every single post or thread about Obama's missing birth certificate is put in Conspiracy Theories. Everybody is talking about it....Trump even brought it up on The View, for heaven's sakes. Where of course he was promptly called a racist when the harpies set up their wail...

I don't think people who are troubled by this issue are necessarily conspiracists. It's not necessarily a belief in a "conspiracy" that leads people to want Obama to show his birth cert. Cheney (or was it McCain?) was required to show his to prove his eligibility. People want Obama held to the same standard.

Of course, Obama doesn't believe he answers to the American people, so he will continue to show his disregard for them by withholding the information they ask for...

Anyway, I think it's silly to post every single message about the very current, very serious issue that keeps coming up, and will continue to come up through 2012 and beyond, in Conspiracy Theories. It could be the thing best remembered about Obama's presidency. It's near sighted of you to shrug off all interest as craziness. At the very least I think it qualifies as a current event. I can't go 10 minutes online, on tv or on the radio without running across it...

Last edited:
And into the conspiracy theory zone this goes............

Only the ignorant, those with agendas, and racists (or a combination of all three) obsess about the BC issue.

The state of Hawaii has verified his birth per their state laws which satisfies the legal requirement.

That's the end of the story, as much as the birthers would like to have everyone believe differently.

Only the ignorant, those with agendas, and racists (or a combination of all three) obsess about the BC issue.

The state of Hawaii has verified his birth per their state laws which satisfies the legal requirement.

That's the end of the story, as much as the birthers would like to have everyone believe differently.

It would take a conspiracy for the State oh Hawaii to fraudulently claim that Obama was born in their state

I am no birther, but even Chris Matthiews bangs on and on about it and Obama sends a thrill up his leg. Like CM says, show it and shut the birthers up. And if he is proven not to be a citizen and gets booted would you want Biden running the show ? would that be any better ?

I have to say I find it ridiculous that every single post or thread about Obama's missing birth certificate is put in Conspiracy Theories. Everybody is talking about it.... ~snip~ I don't think people who are troubled by this issue are necessarily conspiracists.
Here's the problem...

In order to believe in this stuff you are expressing belief in a BIG conspiracy going all the way back to October, 1961. Why? Because of the TWO birth notices published in Hawaii newspapers. For those to be not legitimate and be "planted" implies that the actors who had those planted somehow knew little Barack would someday run for President of the United States and would need "proof" of birthplace. 50 years ago? No friggin way.

So, Occam's Razor tells us that the birth notices appeared in the TWO Hawaiian newspapers why? Because the Hospital legitimately reported the birth to the newspapers, following standard procedure of the time.

In order to try to de-legitimize these, make them appear to be "plants," you have to erect and jump through ALOT of complex conspiratorial hoops, and this is contrary to William of Occam's logic razor.

Like any other conspiracy theory, this one fails on logic alone.

Obama COULD prove his legitimacy by showing the live birth document. Why won't he? Does he perceive the issue, in some way, beneficial to him? And if so, how?

Maybe if someone could provide some evidence that he was not born in Hawaii in1961, we could move this out of the realm of a conspiracy theory

Obama COULD prove his legitimacy by showing the live birth document. Why won't he? Does he perceive the issue, in some way, beneficial to him? And if so, how?
I can't get my own original birth certificate. I can only get a COLB (Certificate of Live Birth). The COLB is what Obama's put out and used.

Can you get or do you have, your original birth certificate? If not can you get a copy?

If I was Obama, I would publish a copy of the birth certificate in every newspaper in the country. If it was indeed legit (and most likely is) I would then tell everybody who's been harping about it for the past few years to STFU. If he doesn't have anything to hide why not just publish it so people can find something new and different to bitch about? Besides, most likely there is some idiot in the world who would love to steal this loser's identity.

I can't get my own original birth certificate. I can only get a COLB (Certificate of Live Birth). The COLB is what Obama's put out and used.

Can you get or do you have, your original birth certificate? If not can you get a copy?

I don't have an original birth certificate either. All I have is a COLB and it has less information than Obamas

Guess I will never be President

If I was Obama, I would publish a copy of the birth certificate in every newspaper in the country.
As I just pointed out, it may not exist and/or he cannot obtain it. I have the same problem. My original one which the hospital gave my mother was lost in a prairie fire in 2006 along with most of my other personal possessions. The courthouse here does not have a copy of that, so they gave me a COLB. The COLB is an official document and is accepted as legitimate identification and proof of birth, everywhere in the US.

It's not a uncommon issue to have.

Let's remember Obama's mother was a globetrotter, dragging little Barack along. She was not the most stable of home providers. Obama's childhood was chaotic by all accounts. It's not surprising he doesn't have his 50 year old original BC.

This whole birther silliness is proof of how shitty our media has become.

There are factions in our media who are partisan driven and not worth the airwaves they use.

It proves why we need the fairness doctrine.

This whole birther silliness is proof of how shitty our media has become.

There are factions in our media who are partisan driven and not worth the airwaves they use.

It proves why we need the fairness doctrine.
Yeah, we need the government censoring Chris Matthews.:cuckoo:

You are such a fucking imbecile, it truly defies all description.

I have a Certificate of Live Birth from the State of Florida and it's all I had for years but I contacted the State of Florida some years ago and obtained a certified copy of my original birth certificate. Not all States are the same, as MM stated. However, if he ever wants to collect social security, he best cough up a birth certificate.

I have a Certificate of Live Birth from the State of Florida and it's all I had for years but I contacted the State of Florida some years ago and obtained a certified copy of my original birth certificate. Not all States are the same, as MM stated. However, if he ever wants to collect social security, he best cough up a birth certificate.
The COLB has just as much legitimacy with the SSI as the actual BC. Same with Military enlistment, everything else.

It degrades the office of the Presidency by engaging in such nonsense. Obama has shown his birth certificate, and the state of Hawaii said they have it. Why the heck would Obama engage in debate with the likes of WorldNetDaily?

There was a time when nearly 40% of Americans thought Bush was either behind 9/11 or knew about it in advance and did nothing to stop it. Did Bush ever say one word to counter the charges of the truthers? He could have gone on national TV and say "I was not behind 9/11," but what benefit would that have been to him? He would have degraded the office of the Presidency by engaging in this low-brow, sewer-media garbage. Its no different with this Obama birfer thing. I don't want the President answering nutters, no matter who the President or what the party.

Personally I don't like the man and greatly disagree with his fiscal policies.

That said he is a Chicago politician, I think he has the goods but has seen no political advantage in releasing them in an official manner (no a .jpg on a web site is not an official release).

During the 2008 election season it wasn't that big a deal, yes there was a vocal minority, but it was just that a vocal fringe group and it did not seem to impact his poll numbers greatly or at all. Since then birthers have continued as a fringe group moving deeper and deeper into improbable and impossible levels of conspiracy - which makes them appear even more fringe and extremist. As such there was no reason to release official records.

I firmly believe that if it ever got to the point where it appeared the election then (2008) or the the upcoming one in 2012 hinges on release of the birth document from Hawaii, I think he's fully prepared to release such a document.

His advantage then will be to paint his political opponent (or his/her party) as extremist, vindictive, and petty and he feels he will reap rewards at the polls for being the underdog, hounded and wrongfully accused by them when in fact they were wrong - he will appear as the victim.

Just my thoughts.

>>>>

Last edited:

Personally I don't like the man and greatly disagree with his fiscal policies.

That said he is a Chicago politician, I think he has the goods but has seen no political advantage in releasing them in an official manner (no a .jpg on a web site is not an official release).

During the 2008 election season it wasn't that big a deal, yes there was a vocal minority, but it was just that a vocal fringe group and it did not seem to impact his poll numbers greatly or at all. Since then birthers have continued as a fringe group moving deeper and deeper into improbable and impossible levels of conspiracy - which makes them appear even more fringe and extremist. As such there was no reason to release official records.

I firmly believe that if it ever got to the point where it appeared the election then (2008) or the the upcoming one in 2012 hinges on release of the birth document from Hawaii, I think he's fully prepared to release such a document.

His advantage then will be to paint his political opponent (or his/her party) as extremist, vindictive, and petty and he feels he will reap rewards at the polls for being the underdog, hounded and wrongfully accused by them when in fact they were wrong - he will appear as the victim.

Just my thoughts.

>>>>
As I always said, starting when this nonsense first began: Would a legitimate journalist or candidate really want to go out on that limb, only to have Obama saw that limb off?

The Donald is crawling out on that limb, sure enough. But he's not a legitimate candidate yet, so Obama's keeping the saw in the toolbox for now.

I have to say I find it ridiculous that every single post or thread about Obama's missing birth certificate is put in Conspiracy Theories. Everybody is talking about it....Trump even brought it up on The View, for heaven's sakes. Where of course he was promptly called a racist when the harpies set up their wail...

I don't think people who are troubled by this issue are necessarily conspiracists. It's not necessarily a belief in a "conspiracy" that leads people to want Obama to show his birth cert. Cheney (or was it McCain?) was required to show his to prove his eligibility. People want Obama held to the same standard.

Of course, Obama doesn't believe he answers to the American people, so he will continue to show his disregard for them by withholding the information they ask for...

Anyway, I think it's silly to post every single message about the very current, very serious issue that keeps coming up, and will continue to come up through 2012 and beyond, in Conspiracy Theories. It could be the thing best remembered about Obama's presidency. It's near sighted of you to shrug off all interest as craziness. At the very least I think it qualifies as a current event. I can't go 10 minutes online, on tv or on the radio without running across it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back