Bird's on Today's Venue

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
First, let me say that I am getting really good at spotting birds far away in the distance and pegging what they are...today, miss lil ole eagle eye spotted the Pileated Woodpecker flying in the distance and saw him land on one of our dead pine trees.
Smack Dab In the Center, on a dead limb in the distance on pic below:
DSCF0581.JPG

DSCF0582.JPG

DSCF0583.JPG

DSCF0575.JPG

DSCF0574.JPG

DSCF0573.JPG

DSCF0576.JPG

Oh and this American gold finch, female, is very camouflaged...that's an eldererry bush....will have huge flowers then elderberries for wine making! :D

DSCF0609.JPG

DSCF0611.JPG

Last edited:
First, let me say that I am getting really good at spotting birds far away in the distance and pegging what they are...today, miss lil ole eagle eye spotted the Pileated Woodpecker flying in the distance and saw him land on one of our dead pine trees.
Smack Dab In the Center, on a dead limb in the distance on pic below:
DSCF0581.JPG

DSCF0582.JPG

DSCF0583.JPG

DSCF0575.JPG

DSCF0574.JPG

DSCF0573.JPG

DSCF0576.JPG

Cool! I saw that same type of red headed woodpecker in my yard last week!

Some sort of Finch, not certain what? it is a yearling because it is still spotted/striped on the chest...it definately is a finch though, you can tell by its features...

DSCF0485.JPG

DSCF0482.JPG

DSCF0466.JPG

White Breasted Nut hatch:
DSCF0483.JPG

P6152766.JPG

P6152767.JPG

P6152768.JPG

all of these pics were just this morning's birds...i have a darn bird sanctuary behind my house!

Last edited:
Here's my offering for today's post - an Indigo Bunting! (click on photo for larger image)

Attachments

• $indigo_bunting.jpg
    $indigo_bunting.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Here's my offering for today's post - an Indigo Bunting! (click on photo for larger image)

Awesome!

I have never seen a indigo bunting...i have seen a snow bunting and something called a northern junco which i believe is also in the bunting family!

Care4all - We (wife and I) have counted as many as 6 Indigo Buntings on and around the feeder at any given time. Have also seen a Scarlet Tanninger (sp?) several times here of late but never when I had the camera ready. How about Orioles? We have some of those guys also... There are also lots of Gold Finches this year it seems. Can't forget the hummingbirds either. We have lots of the feathered friends around our place.

Here are a couple of hummingbird photos I took at our feeder. Also a photo of a bald eagle I took on the road next to our farm. Click on the smaller image to make it larger. I don't know how to down load a photo into the thread except to do it as an attachment.

Attachments

• $bald_eagle.jpg
    $bald_eagle.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 76
  • $hummer_1.jpg
    $hummer_1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 77
  • $hummer_2.jpg
    $hummer_2.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 70
Care4all - We (wife and I) have counted as many as 6 Indigo Buntings on and around the feeder at any given time. Have also seen a Scarlet Tanninger (sp?) several times here of late but never when I had the camera ready. How about Orioles? We have some of those guys also... There are also lots of Gold Finches this year it seems. Can't forget the hummingbirds either. We have lots of the feathered friends around our place.
BBD,
I have seen the Scarlet Tanager and Indigo Bunting only in pictures....:( YOU and the wifey, are soooo lucky!

i have some American Bald Eagle shots and Red Throated Hummingbird and Red Shouldered Hawk and Blue Heron flying and Seagulls that are bigger than toy poodle dog :eek: pic close ups as well!!! Somewhere??? Ill share with you when i find the suckers! Hahahahaha!

Care

Forum List

Back