Bipartisn bill will ferret out the scum on both sides

Where is the Constitutionality of them telling banks what they can charge for debit processing? I sure can't find it anywhere.

Here:

Article I, Section 8:

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

McCulloch v. Maryland – Case Brief Summary

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

To hell with computers.

We need Bob Cratchit and his quill pen.

---- bluecoller -- the grumpy old kraut-------:evil:

Banks have us on the hook for 1.5 Quadrillion in derivatives yet I'm supposed to be ticked off about ATM fees? :confused:

The government needs to be told enough is enough. If people are dumb enough not to realize what fees their bank is charging them and decide on their own whether they want to pay them, then that is THEIR fault, not the banks.

Why does anyone use debit by the way?

When I go to the store, they ask "debit or credit."

Credit is free, debit costs a fee, and both draw from the same place.

As I understand it, the bank charges a fee to the merchant and you never see the charge. This legislation cuts the fee banks are allowed to charge in half or so. This is supposed to lower the price the merchant charges you but the opinion I heard was the big chains will merely pocket the difference.

As I understand it, the bank charges a fee to the merchant and you never see the charge. This legislation cuts the fee banks are allowed to charge in half or so. This is supposed to lower the price the merchant charges you but the opinion I heard was the big chains will merely pocket the difference.

They do charge a fee. 3% of the purchase or $2.00 whichever is more is what my dad's automotive business pays to both Visa and Mastercard for each credit card transaction. He doesn't pay that, obviously the customer does.

They do charge a fee. 3% of the purchase or $2.00 whichever is more is what my dad's automotive business pays to both Visa and Mastercard for each credit card transaction. He doesn't pay that, obviously the customer does.

The legislation applied to debit cards. I didn't see any mention of credit cards, but I didn't read the bill. It may apply to both.

Its just not possible for average consumer to figure anything out for himself, the government needs to give us a card

Forum List

Back