Bipartisanship? Not just no, but hell no!

tjvh

May 10, 2012
I have begun to notice some of the usual lefties on USMB beginning to set themselves up for a Romney victory in several weeks. The phrase "Romney needs to reach across the aisle" (in so many words) is rearing its ugly head. Sorry... It is my feeling that a Romney victory is the American people voting out an ideology, along with a no load President - that is Obama. I see no reason at all for Romney to cater to the left, and decide his policies around any bipartisan compromise with Liberals if he wins. If Obama loses, Liberalism loses and that is how I hope Romney/Ryan approach it. It is high time Liberalism is given the boot, and Republicans give the Democrats the same concern Democrats gave them when Democrats controlled the majority... None. I believe the current "my way, or the highway" politics being practiced by Democrats needs to be responded to in kind. Obama has done one thing very well since he took office... Divide the Nation along racial, and economic lines. The damage has been done. It's time to fix the problems first, and worry about coddling the crybaby losers across the aisle second.

How'd that "reaching across the aisle" thingy work when Obolshevikcare was being jammed up our asses?

Exactly why I don't think it's time for it if Romney gets elected. Fix first, coddle second. :lol:

Progs drove the car into the ditch, time they sat back and looked out the window while the grown ups take over

I have begun to notice some of the usual lefties on USMB beginning to set themselves up for a Romney victory in several weeks. The phrase "Romney needs to reach across the aisle" (in so many words) is rearing its ugly head. Sorry... It is my feeling that a Romney victory is the American people voting out an ideology, along with a no load President - that is Obama. I see no reason at all for Romney to cater to the left, and decide his policies around any bipartisan compromise with Liberals if he wins. If Obama loses, Liberalism loses and that is how I hope Romney/Ryan approach it. It is high time Liberalism is given the boot, and Republicans give the Democrats the same concern Democrats gave them when Democrats controlled the majority... None. I believe the current "my way, or the highway" politics being practiced by Democrats needs to be responded to in kind. Obama has done one thing very well since he took office... Divide the Nation along racial, and economic lines. The damage has been done. It's time to fix the problems first, and worry about coddling the crybaby losers across the aisle second.

Can't disagree much more. Obama blew hit with republicans by employing a similar strategy. Telling them "you lost" doesn't make the other side all too willing to work with you. If Romney wins, it's going to be by some margin resembling 50 to 45, or close to that. That means that still, 45% of the country has some left views and there will be reps there who hold those views. Both parties need to be willing to work together and compromise to get things done that help us, not just gridlock themselves with partisan bullshit.

Can't disagree much more. Obama blew hit with republicans by employing a similar strategy. Telling them "you lost" doesn't make the other side all too willing to work with you. If Romney wins, it's going to be by some margin resembling 50 to 45, or close to that. That means that still, 45% of the country has some left views and there will be reps there who hold those views. Both parties need to be willing to work together and compromise to get things done that help us, not just gridlock themselves with partisan bullshit.

Bipartisanship is demanded when a Republican is in office, when a Democrat holds office it is hardly an afterthought. No, it's time to give back the same considerations to Democrats that they gave Republicans... Again... None.

Some Guy said:

Bipartisanship is demanded when a Republican is in office, when a Democrat holds office it is hardly an afterthought. No, it's time to give back the same considerations to Democrats that they gave Republicans... Again... None.

I've been wanting bipartisanship the last 4 years. Whenever some liberal comes out blaming the republicans for obstructionism, my first response is "so it's ok with Obama says "you lost" but it's not ok for the republicans to do it?"

In my opinion, it's not ok for either party to do it. It's one thing to talk tough on a message board, it's another to actually get shit done. If you're going to be a representative, you don't need to compromise your principles in order to work with someone who holds opposite or different views that do represent the views of some Americans.

We desperately need a new form of AIDES that only effects people as stupid as you.

Some Guy said:

I've been wanting bipartisanship the last 4 years. Whenever some liberal comes out blaming the republicans for obstructionism, my first response is "so it's ok with Obama says "you lost" but it's not ok for the republicans to do it?"

In my opinion, it's not ok for either party to do it. It's one thing to talk tough on a message board, it's another to actually get shit done. If you're going to be a representative, you don't need to compromise your principles in order to work with someone who holds opposite or different views that do represent the views of some Americans.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I agree, we need real leaders, not these pretenders who act like children thinking only of how to advance the side they are on.

We desperately need a new form of AIDES that only effects people as stupid as you.

What... The strain that you have isn't good enough for the rest of us? It's funny... You make a personal attack, and completely dodge the issue... Are you aware how stupid that makes you look?

Romney knows how to work with people, even those who disagree with him. Of course the best way to deal with the deadlock is to replace the senate too.

Allot of people say compromise is necessary, I disagree, if you're right and you compromise, that makes you wrong. We've had enough wrong headed bull crap pushed through congress. It's time we hold their feet to the fire and the Constitution to get the country back on track. Compromise on the Constitution is not an option.

Forum List

Back