Bipartisan Polling Organization: Romney to DOMINATE!!!

There is every chance that Romney takes all 50 states and the DC. I doubt that will happen, but it's a chance. There is an excellent chance that Romney will come close to Reagan's drubbing of Carter in 1980.

There isn't even a chance for Romney to come close to winning by as large as the 2008 EV margin.

If you really think there is an excellent chance that Romney comes close to 489 EV then you are living in a different galaxy than the rest of us. I doubt you'll even have many cons on here predicting that Romney gets more than 350 EV max.

You're spouting nonsense. There is a chance Romney can win every single electoral vote. Do I think that will happen? No. But you can't deny there is a chance of it happening.

There is no chance of Romney winning every EV. You've had multiple people call you out on that already.

There is every chance that Romney takes all 50 states and the DC. I doubt that will happen, but it's a chance. There is an excellent chance that Romney will come close to Reagan's drubbing of Carter in 1980.

Please dude, Romney takes all 50 states? Not a chance in hell. Cali and several others are not going to go to Romney.

That said, I think he could win over 300 EC votes, but Nobody is going to come close to the landslide Reagan had. Which was the last landslide in a Presidential Election ever.

Of course there's a chance of it happening. I doubt it. I would lay money it doesn't. But that doesnt make it impossible.
But I strongly think the results will be much closer to 1980 than 2000.

No neither one was a mandate, but only Obama decided to act as if he had one. Bush may have said it, but he did not then go out and shove a stimulus, and Health Care Bill that the Majority of Americans did not want, down our throats.

I also totally disagree with your assessment of Romney's chances to win Big. I expect the Independents and undecided to break heavily for Romney on election day. I expect there will be a lot of people sitting around saying "nobody thought Romney could win this Big" on nov 7th.

The changes in Party Demographics Both Gallup and Rass are showing, seems to re-enforce that idea.

We shall see. I just don't see nearly EVERY pollster being wrong in the swing states. It could happen but the odds are low.

I can, the polls are using samples based on 2008. The average of all the polls, is a sample of Democrats by 7 points more than Republicans. While It appears not only will dems not enjoy a plus 7 turn out this time, Republicans might actually enjoy a small advantage.

That means, the Polls we are seeing today are not accurate as compared to what the expected actual turn out will be.

It's not the first time, and wont be the last time, that the Polls get it wrong.

Pollsters don't sample by party. They sample by sex, race and age to hit the demographics of the state they are polling. They just report back on party identification of those polled. The idea that pollsters sample by party is the biggest lie parroted by the righties on this board.

The poll averages are generally a very good indicator of where things stand.

Please dude, Romney takes all 50 states? Not a chance in hell. Cali and several others are not going to go to Romney.

That said, I think he could win over 300 EC votes, but Nobody is going to come close to the landslide Reagan had. Which was the last landslide in a Presidential Election ever.

Of course there's a chance of it happening. I doubt it. I would lay money it doesn't. But that doesnt make it impossible.
But I strongly think the results will be much closer to 1980 than 2000.

Me personally I think it will be a reversal of 2008. Romney will win by roughly the margins Obama did in the EC, and slightly less in the Popular vote.

I am not basing that on hope, I am basing it on the changes in Party affiliation and Romney's 10 point lead among independents in most polls.

We shall see. I just don't see nearly EVERY pollster being wrong in the swing states. It could happen but the odds are low.

I can, the polls are using samples based on 2008. The average of all the polls, is a sample of Democrats by 7 points more than Republicans. While It appears not only will dems not enjoy a plus 7 turn out this time, Republicans might actually enjoy a small advantage.

That means, the Polls we are seeing today are not accurate as compared to what the expected actual turn out will be.

It's not the first time, and wont be the last time, that the Polls get it wrong.

Pollsters don't sample by party. They sample by sex, race and age to hit the demographics of the state they are polling. They just report back on party identification of those polled. The idea that pollsters sample by party is the biggest lie parroted by the righties on this board.

The poll averages are generally a very good indicator of where things stand.

Yes, that explains the other times in the past when the polls got it wrong.

It does not matter how they pick who they poll. The Fact is the average of all the polls right now is a sample of 7% more Dems than Republicans. While it appears Dems will not actually enjoy a plus 7 advantage this time around.

So it does not matter why the samples are off, it only matters that they are.

Battleground Poll is Bipartisan having Celinda Lake of Lake Research Partners on board, in the way that FOX News is Fair and Balanced having Juan Williams and Alan Colmes on board.

laughingmonkey.jpg

You are quite frankly insane.

Whoever wins will be lucky to get a big enough margin to avoid the Nov. 17th waiting period in Ohio. The biggest EC total I see possible is 311 for Romney or 347 for Obama, and means giving either candidate absolutely every single current "tie" and "Barely leaning".

My own prediction is a 275 263 split with Obama up. I think the biggest realistic total for either man is the low 300's, like 301-310. Max.

Ohio is not going to decide this election. Romney is going to take another state that will make Ohio meaningless.

Bank on it.

At this point I'd say its more likely Romney can win without Ohio than Obama can. I think most pollsters are expecting him to take FL NC and VA with a strong shot at CO and IA. At that point he only needs WI or NV iirc.

Well, here's the truth for anyone that cares.

Ed Goeas, the guy who made up the projection, is a Republican pollster from the Tarrance Group.

He was Michelle Bachmann's pollster, for instance.

Here's a short list of the Tarrance group's clients. See if you notice any common characteristic:

Governors
Linda Lingle, HI*
Rick Snyder, MI
Haley Barbour, MS*
Brian Sandoval, NV
John Kasich, OH
Mary Fallin, OK
Tom Corbett, PA
Scott Walker, WI
*Former Governor

U.S. Senators
John Boozman, AR
Chuck Grassley, IA
Thad Cochran, MS
Kelly Ayotte, NH
Dean Heller, NV
Rob Portman, OH
Mike Dewine, OH*
George Voinovich, OH*
John Barrasso, WY
Mike Enzi, WY

Clients | The Tarrance Group

New Projection of Election Results: Romney 52, Obama 47 | The Weekly Standard

New Projection of Election Results: Romney 52, Obama 47

The bipartisan Battleground Poll, in its “vote election model,” is projecting that Mitt Romney will defeat President Obama 52 percent to 47 percent. The poll also found that Romney has an even greater advantage among middle class voters, 52 percent to 45 percent.

5:00 AM, Oct 29, 2012 • By FRED BARNES

Projection of 52-47.......what Ive been saying for months FTMFW!!!!:D:D:D

Message to the hyperpartisan lefties >>> Keep posting up those RCP averages!!!:2up:

Sup, s0n?

Did you enjoy the MSNBC coverage last night?

New Projection of Election Results: Romney 52, Obama 47 | The Weekly Standard

New Projection of Election Results: Romney 52, Obama 47

The bipartisan Battleground Poll, in its “vote election model,” is projecting that Mitt Romney will defeat President Obama 52 percent to 47 percent. The poll also found that Romney has an even greater advantage among middle class voters, 52 percent to 45 percent.

5:00 AM, Oct 29, 2012 • By FRED BARNES

Projection of 52-47.......what Ive been saying for months FTMFW!!!!:D:D:D

Message to the hyperpartisan lefties >>> Keep posting up those RCP averages!!!:2up:

Do you feel as dumb as this post makes you look?

Forum List

Back