Bipartisan Congress Rebukes President on Lybia Policy

How would you council President Obama on Lybia?

• Bring our troops home now.

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Bring our troops home as soon as we can do so without ticking off the U.N.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Convince Congress the troops need to be there.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Do nothing different.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Well the second day of this thread and the 6th day since the dead line has congress told obama to get the hell out of Libya or have they extended the actions?

day 3 of this thread and the 7th day since the dead line has congress told obama to get the hell out of Libya or have they extended the actions?

I don't support it for one reason. The ones we are helping are the sameones we were fighting in Iraq a few years ago, and in some places are still fighting.

That is why I want congress to get a full briefing...... We really don't know if that is fact or not. We need to know.

It has been reported, even by the MSM that Al Qadea were the rebels in Libya.

Yeah the rebel commanders came right out and said it, no big investigation was even necessary.

It's the exact same thing we did in Afghanistan in the '80's, we're making terrorists into heros and giving them billlions of dollars, weapons. What we're doing now is exactly what caused 9/11 why Ron Paul always brings up blowback from our foreign policy.

I don't understand why congress hasn't taken this up. But I have to agree, by their silence they own it along with Obama.

Starting on the 20th Obamush has 30 days to stop using Americas military. If he doesn't it time to remove the bastard from the white house if he doesn't go peacefully then by force.

That is why I want congress to get a full briefing...... We really don't know if that is fact or not. We need to know.

It has been reported, even by the MSM that Al Qadea were the rebels in Libya.

Yeah the rebel commanders came right out and said it, no big investigation was even necessary.

It's the exact same thing we did in Afghanistan in the '80's, we're making terrorists into heros and giving them billlions of dollars, weapons. What we're doing now is exactly what caused 9/11 why Ron Paul always brings up blowback from our foreign policy.

Thing about Afghanistan in the '80's is we had no idea we would have had a 9/11. Now we're helpiung them even though we're still fighting them. I compare that to us helping the Japanese fight the chinese the day after Japan bombed peral harbor.

day 4 of this thread and the 8th day since the dead line. Has congress told obama to get the hell out of Libya or have they extended the actions?

While some in the media are talking about some little girl getting her supposed feelings hurt because she challenged Michelle Bachman. Did Obamush get his extension for military action in Libya?

Oh and while we're at it.
Clinton To Congress: Obama Would Ignore Your War Resolutions
Update: Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA), who asked Clinton about the War Powers Act during a classified briefing, said Clinton and the administration are sidestepping the measure's provisions giving Congress the ability to put a 60-day time limit on any military action.

"They are not committed to following the important part of the War Powers Act," he told TPM in a phone interview. "She said they are certainly willing to send reports [to us] and if they issue a press release, they'll send that to us too."

The White House would forge ahead with military action in Libya even if Congress passed a resolution constraining the mission, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said during a classified briefing to House members Wednesday afternoon.

Clinton To Congress: Obama Would Ignore Your War Resolutions | TPMDC
That is the downright scary part. I am so tired of the governments complete and total disregard of the constitution and law in general that it hurts.

While some in the media are talking about some little girl getting her supposed feelings hurt because she challenged Michelle Bachman. Did Obamush get his extension for military action in Libya?

Oh and while we're at it.
Clinton To Congress: Obama Would Ignore Your War Resolutions
Update: Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA), who asked Clinton about the War Powers Act during a classified briefing, said Clinton and the administration are sidestepping the measure's provisions giving Congress the ability to put a 60-day time limit on any military action.

"They are not committed to following the important part of the War Powers Act," he told TPM in a phone interview. "She said they are certainly willing to send reports [to us] and if they issue a press release, they'll send that to us too."

The White House would forge ahead with military action in Libya even if Congress passed a resolution constraining the mission, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said during a classified briefing to House members Wednesday afternoon.

Clinton To Congress: Obama Would Ignore Your War Resolutions | TPMDC
That is the downright scary part. I am so tired of the governments complete and total disregard of the constitution and law in general that it hurts.

yes it is.

Congress needs to act now or they are soon going to be irrelevant. Restrain this action in Libya.

Takes both Houses of Congress to restrain the President and last I checked the Dems control the Senate.

But it is telling that the same turds on this board that complained about Bush's illegal war in Iraq ( which DID have Congressional approval from BOTH parties) do not mind one bit that Obama is breaking the law and illegally waging a war.

I guess you missed the part that Obama does not call launching US cruise missiles and US Aircraft bombing civilian targets in Libya a WAR. It is called a kinetic military action by Obama and a kinetic military intervention by the United Nations.

So, it should be obvious to the most casual observer that the War Powers Act does not apply. LOL

day 5 of this thread and the 9th day since the dead line. Has congress told obama to get the hell out of Libya or have they extended the actions?

day 5 of this thread and the 9th day since the dead line. Has congress told obama to get the hell out of Libya or have they extended the actions?

day 6 of this thread and the 10th day since the dead line. Has congress told obama to get the hell out of Libya or have they extended the actions?[/

The Administration uses the rationale that our engagement in Libya doesn't comprise a military presence because it is a limited kinetic operation; presumably we aren't flying missions, and we are only using "drones" which are one phase away from directly attacking Libyan assets.

Last edited:
War is war and bombing is just that no matter what equipment is doing the deed. The actions in this endeavor are disgusting. Not only is the president a complete asshat here for wiping his ass with the constitution but congress is equally to blame as they are not stepping up to the plate and making a decision. It is a cop out so they can’t be blamed on Election Day when public opinion comes out.

I'm not reading this entire thread, but has anyone mentioned that in reality Obama has 90 days to get our forces out of Libya, not 60?

day 7 of this thread and the 11th day since the dead line. Has congress told obama to get the hell out of Libya or have they extended the actions?
19 days left

Looks like at least someone in congress is paying attention.

Directing the President, pursuant to section 5(c) of the War Powers Resolution, to remove the United States Armed Forces from Libya.
Bill # H.CON.RES.51

Original Sponsor:
Dennis Kucinich (D-OH 10th)

Cosponsor Total: 3
(last sponsor added 05/23/2011)
1 Republicans
2 Democrats

About This Legislation:
Directing the President, pursuant to section 5(c) of the War Powers Resolution, to remove the United States Armed Forces from Libya.

Congress.org - Current Legislation

day 8 of this thread and the 12th day since the dead line. Has congress told obama to get the hell out of Libya or have they extended the actions?
18 days left

Forum List

Back