Bipartisan Congress Rebukes President on Lybia Policy

How would you council President Obama on Lybia?

• Bring our troops home now.

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Bring our troops home as soon as we can do so without ticking off the U.N.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Convince Congress the troops need to be there.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Do nothing different.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
While some in the media are talking about some little girl getting her supposed feelings hurt because she challenged Michelle Bachman. Did Obamush get his extension for military action in Libya?

Oh and while we're at it.
Clinton To Congress: Obama Would Ignore Your War Resolutions
Update: Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA), who asked Clinton about the War Powers Act during a classified briefing, said Clinton and the administration are sidestepping the measure's provisions giving Congress the ability to put a 60-day time limit on any military action.

"They are not committed to following the important part of the War Powers Act," he told TPM in a phone interview. "She said they are certainly willing to send reports [to us] and if they issue a press release, they'll send that to us too."

The White House would forge ahead with military action in Libya even if Congress passed a resolution constraining the mission, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said during a classified briefing to House members Wednesday afternoon.

Clinton To Congress: Obama Would Ignore Your War Resolutions | TPMDC

While some in the media are talking about some little girl getting her supposed feelings hurt because she challenged Michelle Bachman. Did Obamush get his extension for military action in Libya?

Update: Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA), who asked Clinton about the War Powers Act during a classified briefing, said Clinton and the administration are sidestepping the measure's provisions giving Congress the ability to put a 60-day time limit on any military action.

"They are not committed to following the important part of the War Powers Act," he told TPM in a phone interview. "She said they are certainly willing to send reports [to us] and if they issue a press release, they'll send that to us too."

The White House would forge ahead with military action in Libya even if Congress passed a resolution constraining the mission, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said during a classified briefing to House members Wednesday afternoon.

Only Republicans are required to have Congress's approval to wage war. Or have you missed the last 3 years?

We're STILL in Iraq.

We're STILL in Afghanistan.

Hell, we're STILL part of the UN powder-blue punks Clinto sent us off to in Central Europe.

We STILL have wiretapping.

We STILL have GTMO.

The only thing different between now and 2000-2008 is we now can't afford gas or meat.

The Republicans in Congress are just guilty as Obama for standing idly by and doing nothing as he breaks the law.

Only Republicans are required to have Congress's approval to wage war. Or have you missed the last 3 years?

We're STILL in Iraq.

Hell, we're STILL part of the UN powder-blue punks Clinto sent us off to in Central Europe.

We STILL have GTMO.

The only thing different between now and 2000-2008 is we now can't afford gas or meat.

It's like Bush never left the white house. with the exception of waging war is more accepted now.

Last edited:

We're STILL in Iraq.

We STILL have GTMO.

It's like Bush never left the white house. with the exception of waging war is more accepted now.

Everything Bush did that was wailed about on this board for 7 years is now acceptable because Obama's doing it.

Problem is, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. So, do you maintain the high ground or do you cry like little titty babies with dirty diapers as the Dems do every time they don't get their way? And run it into the ground FOREVER?

Hell, I STILL see Bush and Palin threads.:cuckoo:

Congress needs to act now or they are soon going to be irrelevant. Restrain this action in Libya.

Everything Bush did that was wailed about on this board for 7 years is now acceptable because Obama's doing it.

Problem is, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. So, do you maintain the high ground or do you cry like little titty babies with dirty diapers as the Dems do every time they don't get their way? And run it into the ground FOREVER?

Yeah, But Bush never did anything like this.

Congress needs to act now or they are soon going to be irrelevant. Restrain this action in Libya.

Takes both Houses of Congress to restrain the President and last I checked the Dems control the Senate.

But it is telling that the same turds on this board that complained about Bush's illegal war in Iraq ( which DID have Congressional approval from BOTH parties) do not mind one bit that Obama is breaking the law and illegally waging a war.

Takes both Houses of Congress to restrain the President and last I checked the Dems control the Senate.

But it is telling that the same turds on this board that complained about Bush's illegal war in Iraq ( which DID have Congressional approval from BOTH parties) do not mind one bit that Obama is breaking the law and illegally waging a war.

The Republicans in the House can atleast attempt to.

We're STILL in Iraq.

We STILL have GTMO.

Why do you think I call obama Obamush?

Fact is I support our air forces in Libya. What I don't support is congress not getting a full briefing and giving the thumbs up....

I don't support it for one reason. The ones we are helping are the sameones we were fighting in Iraq a few years ago, and in some places are still fighting.

Fact is I support our air forces in Libya. What I don't support is congress not getting a full briefing and giving the thumbs up....

I don't support it for one reason. The ones we are helping are the sameones we were fighting in Iraq a few years ago, and in some places are still fighting.

That is why I want congress to get a full briefing...... We really don't know if that is fact or not. We need to know.

That is why I want congress to get a full briefing...... We really don't know if that is fact or not. We need to know.

It has been reported, even by the MSM that Al Qadea were the rebels in Libya.

2 horrible presidents in a row, makes you wonder if we will make it as a country.

When you ask liberals on these boards, scratch that, Obama supporters... When you ask Obama supporters on these boards what are some differences between Bush and Obama in Policy it's full on sadface to see how little difference there is even coming from the Obama bots. I doubt an Obama supporter can name 1 single policy that is "bigger" and different than Bush... They would prolly feel smart when they say "Obamacare," yet I asked for something different than Bush...

But some of the ground forces are Al Qaida. Why would you support that?
I heard today that Russia is going to the U.N. directly and threatening a veto on this whole operation.

But some of the ground forces are Al Qaida. Why would you support that?
I heard today that Russia is going to the U.N. directly and threatening a veto on this whole operation.

I could never support a fight when the ones we are helping are also fighting with us in other places ing the world.

I equate this with helping the Japanese fight the chinese after they bombed peral harbor.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back