Bipartisan Commission Calls For Federal Probe Into Justice Department...

As much as I agree with you, I do not see this happening.

J. Christian Adams will simply be portrayed as a disgruntled employee of the justice department and in a few days his fifteen minutes of fame will be over and Holder and the DOJ will go back to ignoring the law. No harm, no foul will be the attitude of the Administration.

Laws are not applied fairly and never have been. How many people sit on death row today? How many of those are black?

I'm not going to spend much time trying to match the years of these next two sites, but check out the census population of death row and compare it to the current US Population then tell me our laws are applied fairly.

Race of Death Row Inmates Executed Since 1976 | Death Penalty Information Center

Population of the United States by Race and Hispanic/Latino Origin, Census 2000 and July 1, 2005 — Infoplease.com

I don't think I will buy the "fairness" argument.

Immie

Immie, I recognize why you are saying what you are, it's fair to a point. Yes, more blacks commit crimes and more get harsher punishments than white convicted of same type of offenses, especially regarding the death penalty.

Race may well be a factor, I'd not rule it out. OTOH I'd argue that it's much more a socioeconomic factor-both crime and punishment, than race. Crime is tied to both poverty and chaotic homelife, the later being a function of the former in many cases.

High income, violent offenders tend to be white and have access to top attorneys, yet chaotic homelife is still a signpost, if not so obvious one. Anomie may be a factor in sociopathy, whether caused by non-binding with greater society or a result of narcissism from parenting or the lack thereof. Whether from poverty or neglect of parenting anomie may well come into play with concurring sociopathy.

However, my point was... oh hell, let me just put it this way, justice is not blind and it is most definitely not colorblind.

I really do not like the idea of the DOJ doing what it is apparent that they have done, but there are ramifications for pushing this case forward.

Immie
Ok. We agree to disagree. While rare, won't be the first time. :D

Immie, I recognize why you are saying what you are, it's fair to a point. Yes, more blacks commit crimes and more get harsher punishments than white convicted of same type of offenses, especially regarding the death penalty.

Race may well be a factor, I'd not rule it out. OTOH I'd argue that it's much more a socioeconomic factor-both crime and punishment, than race. Crime is tied to both poverty and chaotic homelife, the later being a function of the former in many cases.

High income, violent offenders tend to be white and have access to top attorneys, yet chaotic homelife is still a signpost, if not so obvious one. Anomie may be a factor in sociopathy, whether caused by non-binding with greater society or a result of narcissism from parenting or the lack thereof. Whether from poverty or neglect of parenting anomie may well come into play with concurring sociopathy.

However, my point was... oh hell, let me just put it this way, justice is not blind and it is most definitely not colorblind.

I really do not like the idea of the DOJ doing what it is apparent that they have done, but there are ramifications for pushing this case forward.

Immie

Hell no we don't! You will come over to my way of thinking or else!! :razz:

hehehe

Okay, we can agree to disagree, but you almost had me convinced. :lol:

Immie

Immie

hehehe

Immie
Almost is pretty good, I wasn't leaning in your direction. ;)

hehehe

Immie
Almost is pretty good, I wasn't leaning in your direction. ;)

If I were working, I might just give ya 10:1 odds that this will go nowhere.

Immie

No doubt about it, but what I am saying is that if this were successful, then every prosecutor in every county in the U.S. will be afraid not to prosecute any accused simply because they will be charged with failure to perform their duty.

It seems that Holder and the DOJ let a defendant off scott free for racial reasons, but the ramifications of charging them with not doing their duty will be that other prosecutors will literally fill the court system with cases that cannot possibly be won or cases that should not be brought to court and how many more innocent people will be found guilty when they should never have been tried in the first place... who knows, it could be you... or worse yet... ME! :eek:

Immie

Maybe charges would not be what came of it, Maybe just enough heat for Holder to be replaced.

The real question that needs to be answered here is this. Is their a policy not to prosecute Blacks in these cases if the plaintiff is white. This reaches far beyond this one case IMO.

J. Christian Adams will simply be portrayed as a disgruntled employee of the justice department and in a few days his fifteen minutes of fame will be over and Holder and the DOJ will go back to ignoring the law. No harm, no foul will be the attitude of the Administration.

If people actually want to believe he gave up a top pay grade cushy Government job, and all that comes with it, to smear the Obama Admin, we are in worse trouble than I thought.

Laws are not applied fairly and never have been. How many people sit on death row today? How many of those are black?

I'm not going to spend much time trying to match the years of these next two sites, but check out the census population of death row and compare it to the current US Population then tell me our laws are applied fairly.

Race of Death Row Inmates Executed Since 1976 | Death Penalty Information Center

Population of the United States by Race and Hispanic/Latino Origin, Census 2000 and July 1, 2005 — Infoplease.com

Immie

Immie

There are ramifications to not going forward with this case as well.

Immie

There are ramifications to not going forward with this case as well.

Don't tell me you actually believe anything will come of this?

Immie

No doubt about it, but what I am saying is that if this were successful, then every prosecutor in every county in the U.S. will be afraid not to prosecute any accused simply because they will be charged with failure to perform their duty.

It seems that Holder and the DOJ let a defendant off scott free for racial reasons, but the ramifications of charging them with not doing their duty will be that other prosecutors will literally fill the court system with cases that cannot possibly be won or cases that should not be brought to court and how many more innocent people will be found guilty when they should never have been tried in the first place... who knows, it could be you... or worse yet... ME! :eek:

Immie

Maybe charges would not be what came of it, Maybe just enough heat for Holder to be replaced.

The real question that needs to be answered here is this. Is their a policy not to prosecute Blacks in these cases if the plaintiff is white. This reaches far beyond this one case IMO.

BLACK
1,361 41.6%
LATINO
377 11.6%
WHITE
1,447 44.4%
OTHER
77 2.4%

Race and Hispanic/Latino origin July 1, 2005,
population1 Percent of
population Census 2000,
population Percent of
population
Total Population 296,410,404 100.0% 281,421,906 100.0%
Single race
White 237,854,954 80.2 211,460,626 75.1
Black or African American 37,909,341 12.8 34,658,190 12.3
American Indian and Alaska Native 2,863,001 1.0 2,475,956 0.9
Asian 12,687,472 4.3 10,242,998 3.6
Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander 516,612 0.2 398,835 0.1
Two or more races 4,579,024 1.5 6,826,228 2.4
Some other race n.a.2 n.a. 15,359,073 5.5
Hispanic or Latino 42,687,224 14.4 35,305,818 12.5

Immie

So it is your contention that race wise whites and blacks murder and commit crimes at the exact same rate? What a joke. I am well past the belly aching that "darn , more blacks are in jail then whites percentage wise, something is wrong."

I happen to believe that more blacks are in jail percentage wise because more blacks in THIS country PERCENTAGE WISE commit crimes.

I really don't know.....

Are there really democrats on this committee?

Not once they get their marching orders.

I don't know I think the mass exodus will begin over this. Dems desperate to distance themselves and have a chance in NOV will support it. They have already been asked to sacrifice themselves for Health care. now I think they might just see a way out. Nancy, Reid, and Obama's days are numbered. Here come the blue dogs.

I really don't know.....

Are there really democrats on this committee?

Not once they get their marching orders.

I don't know I think the mass exodus will begin over this. Dems desperate to distance themselves and have a chance in NOV will support it. They have already been asked to sacrifice themselves for Health care. now I think they might just see a way out. Nancy, Reid, and Obama's days are numbered. Here come the blue dogs.
Lord, I hope so. Would mitigate some of the damage already done, and head off that which was coming.

This will go no where and it should not.

Are we going to start charging prosecutors for making decisions not to press charges? As much as I think Holder and the DOJ scummy for dropping the charges, I don't believe that this would send a good message to those who are charged with prosecuting crimes.

Immie

The issue is not telling them who or what, that is exactly the point. It's about fair application of all laws. Not one standard for one race, different for others. It was wrong in the past, it's still wrong.

well said Annie.

Why the silence from The Post on Black Panther Party story?

Because there's no story and it's an obvious ploy by Cons to smear the President.

P.S. Bipartisan shmipartisan.

why would it smear obie wan doyathink?

Why the silence from The Post on Black Panther Party story?

Because there's no story and it's an obvious ploy by Cons to smear the President.

P.S. Bipartisan shmipartisan.

why would it smear obie wan doyathink?

If there is no story and it is a ploy by the Cons, then that would be the story, yet they do not even cover that. Because they do not want to many people looking at this, because they know un brainwashed people see a problem when they look at the story despite your repeated claims there is nothing to it.

Forum List

Back