Bipartisan bill to make propoganda legal

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Don't worry though, I am sure the government would never try to actually lie to us.

An amendment that would legalize the use of propaganda on American audiences is being inserted into the latest defense authorization bill, BuzzFeed has learned.
The amendment would “strike the current ban on domestic dissemination” of propaganda material produced by the State Department and the Pentagon, according to the summary of the law at the House Rules Committee's official website.
The tweak to the bill would essentially neutralize two previous acts—the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948 and Foreign Relations Authorization Act in 1987—that had been passed to protect U.S. audiences from our own government’s misinformation campaigns.
The bi-partisan amendment is sponsored by Rep. Mac Thornberry from Texas and Rep. Adam Smith from Washington State.

Congressmen Seek To Lift Propaganda Ban

I wouldn't call it bipartisan until we see what kind of support it gets. Sure, it was introduced by dicks on either side of the aisle, but let's see who gets behind this swill.

What do you want to call propaganda and misinformation?
I'd say every press release from the White House is filled with both those things.

Forum List

Back